PDA

View Full Version : Fall MOVIE thread...

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9

Satellitegirl
09-30-2010, 05:34 PM
I'm looking forward to Let Me In....Conviction(Hillary Swank and Sam Rockwell...love Sam Rockwell), HP7 part one, and Life as We Know It.

IceAlisa
10-02-2010, 02:49 AM
I thought The Social Network was incredibly well made. Highly recommend!

Allen
10-02-2010, 03:37 AM
I agree, The Social Network was extremely well made. I'm not sure it's a movie I'll want to watch over and over, but it's still one of the best movies I've seen in the last 3 or 4 years.

IceAlisa
10-02-2010, 04:01 AM
I agree, The Social Network was extremely well made. I'm not sure it's a movie I'll want to watch over and over, but it's still one of the best movies I've seen in the last 3 or 4 years.

I just said to someone that it's the best movie I've seen this year.

Allen
10-02-2010, 04:18 AM
I just said to someone that it's the best movie I've seen this year.

I'm not 100 percent sure that it was better than Winter's Bone, but it was still fantastic. For some reason, when I first heard about it, I really had no expectation for it to be so good.

oleada
10-02-2010, 04:26 AM
I tried to go see Social Network with a friend tonight, but it was sold out. Good to know that it's so good - I really do want to see it!

GaPeach
10-02-2010, 09:49 PM
I saw Social Network today- it was a very good and well-written movie. At the end of the movie, I didn't dislike Mark Zuckerberg (felt sorry for him..boy, he is lost when it comes to social conversation skills), but Sean Parker (Napster founder) was a total ass in the movie.

Matryeshka
10-03-2010, 01:30 AM
I saw Easy A. I liked it, but there was a whole lot of suspension of belief happening in that movie. Though I would like to know how and why they made Amanda Bynes look like Miss Piggy. I know she was supposed to be unlikeable, but man, they didn't need to make her unwatchable. Or maybe they were trying to make her look younger, but all they did IMO was make her look waaay too old to be in high school (which she is, but I think they made her look older than she actually is).

Going to see Social Network tomorrow. Anyone heard anything about Wall Street? I kinda want to see it, but Shia TheBeef makes me want to hurl things at the screen, and I figure other movie patrons might not like that. :P But I do like Michael Douglass, so I'm torn.

Allen
10-03-2010, 02:36 AM
My mom saw Wall Street 2 and she said it was decent, but nothing spectacular.

Theatregirl1122
10-03-2010, 03:13 AM
I always find Amanda Bynes unwatchable. I've basically thought she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag since she started on All That.

CaptCrunch
10-03-2010, 03:24 AM
I saw Wall Street - Money Never Sleeps and was shocked and how much I liked it. Didn't care for the original at all and will never understand why Michael Douglas won the oscar for it. I've always been a big fan of Shia LaBeouf and thought he was terrific in this. Very good flick.

venja
10-03-2010, 05:42 AM
Just came back from watching Wall Street with my friends. I think that they found me nodding in and out of consciousness (and possibly snoring:confused:) during the movie more amusing than the movie itself.:watch:

Allen
10-03-2010, 01:46 PM
I always find Amanda Bynes unwatchable. I've basically thought she couldn't act her way out of a paper bag since she started on All That.

The only thing I ever liked her in was Hairspray.

jenny12
10-03-2010, 06:43 PM
I saw Social Network today- it was a very good and well-written movie. At the end of the movie, I didn't dislike Mark Zuckerberg (felt sorry for him..boy, he is lost when it comes to social conversation skills), but Sean Parker (Napster founder) was a total ass in the movie.

I saw Social Network and thought it was very good as well. As far as best picture, I'm not sure since I haven't seen Winter's Bone, but I did prefer Social Network to Inception and really admired Sorkin's writing in it. In the film, while Zuckerberg seems to screw people over, I didn't think it was a total hatchet job on him.

IceAlisa
10-04-2010, 01:40 AM
I'm not 100 percent sure that it was better than Winter's Bone, but it was still fantastic. For some reason, when I first heard about it, I really had no expectation for it to be so good.

I haven't heard of, let alone seen Winter's Bone so the Social Network remains the best movie I've seen this year. ;)

Article about Natalie Portman providing material for the movie:

http://marquee.blogs.cnn.com/2010/10/01/natalie-portman-spilled-harvard-secrets-for-social-network/