PDA

View Full Version : The Good Wife Season Two (Tuesdays at 10pm on CBS)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

PeterG
09-28-2010, 02:49 AM
I’ve always liked Julianna Margulies, so I was very happy to see her in SUCH a good show last year. And now we’re less than 24 hours from season two’s debut! :cheer2: :respec: :cheer:

The Good Wife is another show that is brilliant in it’s writing, directing and acting. I love shows where I can’t fault them with anything…just complete quality all around. I especially like Archie Panjabi as Kalinda Sharma and was SO glad that she won the Emmy for best supporting actress. Incredible role and a wonderful performance :D Her win was a bit of a surprise as Christine Baranski was nominated in the same category. Often two performers in the same category from the same show split the votes. Baranski is great – but she already has her Emmy (I think she might have multiple Emmys, actually). And Julianna’s nomination for Best Actress and the show’s nomination for Best Drama were of course well-deserved.

In case you’ve missed the boat (my condolences!) and want to join in, here’s some websites that’ll help you get up to speed:

The Good Wife's Site at CBS.com - Think You Can Watch Past Episodes Here (http://www.cbs.com/primetime/the_good_wife/)

The Good Wife at Wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Good_Wife_(TV_series))

TV.com's site for The Good Wife - Another Site To Get Up-To-Date (http://www.tv.com/the-good-wife/show/76761/episode.html)

oleada
09-28-2010, 02:52 AM
I'm so excited about tomorrow's episode :cheer2: Glad you opened the thread.

AxelAnnie
09-28-2010, 03:11 AM
I am so excited. We have really been looking forward to it starting again.

PRlady
09-28-2010, 02:37 PM
I missed half of season one and then saw the pilot for this -- on a long, boring airplane ride when I had already watched the movie I wanted to see. I was surprised at how good this series is.

And :cheer2: for Julianna. She was the speaker at my daughter's graduation last May -- she's an alumna there -- and was pithy, funny and wow, is she charismatic in person. Just beams it back to the cheap seats.

Artemis@BC
09-28-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm looking forward to tonight too. The only question is whether I can stay awake that long -- no time-shifting option in my TV service. Usually I record the 10 shows and catch up on them later, but I might stay up for this one.

kosjenka
09-28-2010, 10:03 PM
This is my favorite new show from least year!
I only wish there will be one more show nearly as good as this one this season.

As much as I like Julianna, she is the okay one - but Christine, Panjabi and Alan Cumming are brilliant!
Do you think Will is somehow connected to what happened to Peter? What they framed him for?
I somehow feel Will has something to do with it. Remember when Peter said to Alicia he knows stuff about WIll that are so bad?

oleada
09-29-2010, 05:37 AM
I thought this was a great season opener! :cheer2: They wove in the storyline and the details of the merger really well.

I'm so annoyed that Alan Cumming's character deleted the message - but it had to happen. Going after Grace? So not cool. Poor child. Hope she didn't say anything. I wonder if the new PI guy is calling Kalinda by a new name because he's an asshole or because there's something we don't know?

And damn, the Peter/Alicia scene was hot.

genevieve
09-29-2010, 07:23 AM
Yay, so glad this show is back!

was annoyed by Gold deleting Alicia's vm only because I found it completely unbelievable that she would not have her voicemail password protected on her phone.

I'd forgotten about the merger...should be interesting giving Will and Diane some other tensions.

ARCHIE!!!!!!!!!!! New PI guy is definitely being an asshole to Kalinda. We're so unaccustomed to seeing her off-balance....

The Peter/Alicia sex scene last season was hot...this one was smokin :smokin:

I would be ok if we didn't see Cary anymore. But I do appreciate seeing MIB working for the other law firm.

kosjenka
09-29-2010, 11:31 AM
Good way to start new season!
I don't know what to make of the new guy, but I am willing to give him a chance.

As for the new PI - i hope they don't overdo everything with Kalinda. She is interesting character without him and has many connections elsewhere.

I am still interested why is she so glued to Alicia and "what is good for Alicia".

pat c
09-29-2010, 04:31 PM
I like Kalinda's character and I'm not sure where they're going with the new pi. And I'm hoping the character development doesn't over shadow the stories. Altho, I would like to see Christine Baranski's character and the gun guy (he does the expert witness thing) go somewhere. I thought that was interesting. :)

Capella
09-29-2010, 05:04 PM
New PI guy (whom I still think of as paralyzed Jason Street from "Friday Night Lights") called Kalinda "Leela" twice. If he were dissing her or something like that, I would have thought he'd have used different names each time. I think he wants her to know that he knows about her past life. We've always known she has one, but it's always been "that which is not discussed" so I think it's cool they are going to dig more into her character. Last season she slept with the creepy looking cop to get info, and then she got it on with that female CIA(?) agent in the storage facility. Definitely a curious individual!

PeterG
09-29-2010, 09:52 PM
I love how the show began with Alicia's line from the end of season one, "I get the romance...I need a plan". So much of TV seems to be about stupid people. This is writing about a smart woman, who is in touch with what's in her heart, but who uses her brain at the same time. What a great character, later in the episode we get to see not only Alicia's intelligence, but her strength and fortitude when she challenges the judge (in the case he practically forces her to take)...and wins. :respec:

And from great writing...to soap opera material. Eli (Alan Cumming) deletes Will's second message. Kinda "Beverly Hills 90210", no? This part of the show was decently written and of course acted well, but it's kind of an over-the-top storyline that's somewhat beneath a show of this calibre. But I guess if Alicia left Peter for Will, we'd lose this whole storyline and I'm enjoying everyone involved in it! :D

Christina Baranski. :cheer2: What a great actress! She has a real regal-ness to her. Her other characters have been brash and outlandish, it's nice to see her glow in her serenity. I also liked the romance that she had with Kurt McVeigh (Gary Cole). Wish there was a way they could have made it work as they were a great couple. But unfortunately, they were much too different to make things work.

:cheer: for Titus Welliver being back, as Glen Childs, the A.D.A. He was great in Lost and is great in this show. I would be happy to see him as a regular (rather than re-curring) character.

Kalinda. I loooooove her! I think this is one of the greatest female characters on TV ever. I just like everything about her. I'm not sure if she's bisexual or omnisexual. And she is such a great support person to Alicia. Anybody else think Kalinda has more than just a friendship kind of interest in Alicia? Forget Will and Peter, I think Kalinda might be the best person for Alicia... :)

Not sure what's happening with Kalinda and the new P.I. guy. Is he trying to intimidate her? Feel her out? Protect his own position? He ended up helping her in the end....or was he simply helping out the case his firm was involved in? The scene where Kalinda shoved him was interesting. Usually she can get her way with charm and intelligence, and here she resorted to a lesser version of physical assault. Like for once she didn't know what to do, and in order to stand her ground, got physical when words were failing her. Still not quite sure what's happening with these two....

The creepy dude "interviewing" Grace. Hope he gets hit by a bus. :mad:

Towards the end, we see Alicia staring down at Will's shoes, with the camera staying on his footwear for a while. What was that about? :confused:

oleada
09-29-2010, 09:59 PM
Towards the end, we see Alicia staring down at Will's shoes, with the camera staying on his footwear for a while. What was that about? :confused:

Alicia sees a TV show clip where some "relationship body language expert" is analyzing pictures of the new politician that's been caught cheating and his wife. They "expert" says that since the wife's feet are pointing towards him, she's really into making things work. Then they show a picture of Alicia and Peter at the speech, and one of her feet is pointed towards Peter and the other isn't, which according to the expert, shows ambivalence. She ignores and turns off the video, but then she finds herself checking Will's feet.

PeterG
09-30-2010, 12:17 AM
...but then she finds herself checking Will's feet.

:lol: Okay, now I get it. But I didn't pay attention to what Will's feet were saying...anybody know? :D

Bostonfan
09-30-2010, 02:07 AM
I believe his shoes were pointing directly at her - i.e. he still wants her.