PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With the Stars, Week 2 - 9/27 & 9/28

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20

screech
09-29-2010, 09:24 PM
Mel B has a reality show and hosts Dance Your Ass Off, which Marissa Jaret Winokur used to host after her stint on DWTS. Gilles is now on Brothers and Sisters and I think has a calendar or something. He's pretty recognizable now, which is quite amazing for 'naked neighbour' from SatC.

rfisher
09-29-2010, 09:39 PM
Marie O got the Nutrisystem gig when she lost a ton of weight on the show. Athletes still do what they did before.

Marlowe
09-29-2010, 09:47 PM
That's interesting. In that case, I do feel kinda bad for MB. My reaction to MB's very subpar dance was that he wasn't trying very hard, but if in fact he actually was trying and that's the best he could do, then Bruno's criticism was too harsh.

I think that it is often the case... assuming that one's sub par performance is due to lack of care rather than lack of skill. I was going to say that it is clear that Michael Bolton takes himself very seriously and that he really cared about what he was doing. I was struck by Carrie Ann's (I think it was she) comment *you are Michael Bolton and you crawled out of a dog house* - in other words he has a certain stature in the entertainment business and he was willing to risk that image in order to please the choreographer. I get what she was saying... MB clearly cares.

Nora_Charles
09-29-2010, 09:54 PM
I think that it is often the case... assuming that one's sub par performance is due to lack of care rather than lack of skill. I was going to say that it is clear that Michael Bolton takes himself very seriously and that he really cared about what he was doing. I was struck by Carrie Ann's (I think it was she) comment *you are Michael Bolton and you crawled out of a dog house* - in other words he has a certain stature in the entertainment business and he was willing to risk that image in order to please the choreographer. I get what she was saying... MB clearly cares.

Because the last part of CA's remark was "...in order to please your partner.", I took it to be her passive aggressive way of letting Chelsie know what a stupid, degrading thing it was to do. But I see your point, too...like him or not, he does have a certain...standing..., and he went along with what she asked. I know *I* would not have been a good enough sport to do what he did in that routine! :drama:

Marlowe
09-30-2010, 04:39 AM
Because the last part of CA's remark was "...in order to please your partner.", I took it to be her passive aggressive way of letting Chelsie know what a stupid, degrading thing it was to do. But I see your point, too...like him or not, he does have a certain...standing..., and he went along with what she asked. I know *I* would not have been a good enough sport to do what he did in that routine! :drama:

Yes, I also thought she was taking a swipe at Chelsie's choice. I appreciate your identifying Carrie's passive aggressive ways. I'm thinking now that given MB's sensitivity he might have been feeling even worse after Carrie's comment implied that crawling out of a dog house was not necessarily something a "star"of his stature should ever do... Makes him look desperate. I've never quite gotten over the way she set up one star by asking him if he wasn't feeling well since his performance was not up to it's usual standard. The star clearly had not intended to even mention it, but she asked so he admitted that he had suffered an injury, and then she lit into him chastising him that he couldn't make excuses etc. It seems

Tinami Amori
09-30-2010, 10:18 AM
I don’t understand why Bristol Palin is on this show other than that she is a daughter of a popular politician…. She is pudgy, she can’t dance past 2nd grade rhythmics exercise, and she is not “clever”….. And she has an infant she should take care of….

Most contestants are from the entertainment industry. The ones who are not from entertainment are accomplished athletes, business people, or from other professions.

Who is “Bristol Palin”? and what is she doing in a show where “non-entertainers” have the ranks of Olympic athletes and Astronauts…..

And this stupid show is Prime Time…… while Charlie Rose, Deutsche Wella, BBC World News and Masterpiece Theater are all tucked away into public and small private channels between 10 pm and 2 am after midnight……. And if you want to watch the real good stuff, you have to loose sleep. Amaizin….. grace….. !

Nora_Charles
09-30-2010, 03:06 PM
I don’t understand why Bristol Palin is on this show other than that she is a daughter of a popular politician…. She is pudgy, she can’t dance past 2nd grade rhythmics exercise, and she is not “clever”….. And she has an infant she should take care of….

I love how "she is pudgy" is your first complaint about her. :lol: Because goodness knows what an AWFUL person that makes her, and not at all right for a dance competition. Why, chubby girls should be SHUNNED! :lynch: Forced to stay at home in seclusion, not foisting their hideousness on the general public!

As for not dancing past 2nd grade exercise, neither can Situation, Florence, or Margaret. Neither could tons of previous contestants. This show really doesn't care about dance ability, and I find it refreshing to have an almost complete lack of ringers this season.

"She has an infant...": :huh: lots of cast members have kids. They take care of them just fine.

As for her presence on the show...why is Audrina there? Or The Situation? (talk about two people who aren't "clever", nor do they rank as Olympians, or astronauts, or entertainers!) Or Michael Bolton, who hasn't been culturally relevant since approx. 1994? They're there because they got asked to be, and thought it would be something fun/different/challenging.

I'm no Sarah Palin fan. Far from it. But I don't get why everyone is so down on Bristol. She can't help who her mom is, and just because that's her mom doesn't mean she agrees with everything her mom says/does/believes. I know PLENTY of people in real life who couldn't disagree more with their mom on certain issues, yet they still have a close, loving relationship. I just don't see why you have to be so rude about Bristol.

Wyliefan
09-30-2010, 03:26 PM
And if you want to watch the real good stuff, you have to loose sleep. Amaizin….. grace….. !

There are these amazing inventions called VCRs and DVRs. You should look into it.

Rex
09-30-2010, 03:32 PM
Bolton needs to get over himself. He is an arrogant turd - always has been. When reporters questioned him about his AMAs many years ago, he curtly responded that "rude reporters can just kiss my ass" and also had the nerve to say in a GQ article back when he was "hot", that he had more soul in his singing than a lot of established R&B acts :rolleyes:. Sorry, Bolt-on, but I've heard Gregorian chants with more soul than your music. I seldom watch DWTS except in spurts or when nothing else is on. Bruno is a twat, but he seems like he's a twat to everyone. Why is MB so special? To me it sounds like he just doesn't like the criticism.

danceronice
09-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Apparenltly he's now demanding an apology from Bruno. Looking at the quote from Bruno...I've heard worse from all the judges on the show.

And while it's hard to judge, he certainly didn't LOOK like he was trying. Buzz Aldrin tried harder and he's old enough to be Bolton's father at least.

ETA: It hasn't been called "Masterpiece Theater" for several years. It's just "Masterpiece" and "Masterpiece Mystery." And the latter at least is Sundays at nine and quite easy to find on most PBS. Might be easier to find if you looked for the right name.

deltask8er
09-30-2010, 03:45 PM
Bolton needs to get over himself. He is an arrogant turd - always has been. When reporters questioned him about his AMAs many years ago, he curtly responded that "rude reporters can just kiss my ass" and also had the nerve to say in a GQ article back when he was "hot", that he had more soul in his singing than a lot of established R&B acts :rolleyes:. Sorry, Bolt-on, but I've heard Gregorian chants with more soul than your music. I seldom watch DWTS except in spurts or when nothing else is on. Bruno is a twat, but he seems like he's a twat to everyone. Why is MB so special? To me it sounds like he just doesn't like the criticism.

I suddenly remembered a skit Bolton did on Jimmy Kimmel a few months ago, where he jokingly (?) criticized young singing talent at the School of Michael Bolton.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0R21izMZUw

Bruno won't feel so bad after watching that.

I wonder what his ex-fiancee thinks of all this.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0%2C%2C20221487%2C00.html

Rex
09-30-2010, 04:01 PM
^^Nicolette should be glad that she was able to get away while still relatively young.

I'm surprised that she didn't leave skid marks :EVILLE:

(I cannot access YouTube at work - gov't policy prohibits the site).

Aceon6
09-30-2010, 04:26 PM
The more I see of him, the more I think Bolton's a tool. He's not even remotely interesting or amusing. Move along, Michael, nothing to see here.

screech
09-30-2010, 04:36 PM
I read online somewhere (can't remember where though) that Bruno has the support of the DWTS producers. Michael can suck it IMO.

Nan
09-30-2010, 04:38 PM
I don't get the reaction from people who think the doghouse opening for Bolton was so disrespectful. I fairly sure I've seen things just as silly or bizarre (you choose) in the past that included stars of "stature." The song was "Hound Dog." It makes perfect sense to me that Chelsie may have been trying to use a little humor to loosen Bolton up, not take himself so seriously and give the audience a look at him outside the box that they might connect with on a personal level.

Bruno was harsh, but I think much of it had to do with Michael looking at him with what appeared to be a "how DARE you...I'M MICHAEL BOLTON" look. B. F. D.