PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With the Stars, Week 2 - 9/27 & 9/28

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20

danceronice
09-29-2010, 05:54 PM
Unless Shirley literally gets on her hands and knees and sniffs every dance floor she competes on, I think the Corkster has this one all sewn up. :lol:

Having not met either in person (yet; Shirley coaches at the new place) I can only go on secondhand stories, but...all evidence points to Corky by a country mile. (I cannot help but think some of the pros last night, and not just Corky, were making some of that up. Some things sounded believable--the football, the two socks/shoe fit issue, while some others I find hard to buy. Notable floor-sniffing and chocolate cake. Unless the cake's either a DWTS thing, or Louis has the fastest metabolism in the west.)

And I don't even remember what Bruno said (nothing especially remarkable a la "bear in the swamp", certainly), just the 3, which I think was plenty fair for that crap.

Beefcake
09-29-2010, 06:06 PM
I want both and her legs. And her eyes.
And I'll have her husband.

There, it's settled. :P

love skating
09-29-2010, 06:16 PM
You can vote on the top ten dances.

http://abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/top-10-dances-vote

Some strange choices... Joey and Ashley's cha cha? No dances from Evan and Anna? Some couples have two dances nominated. Kristi and Mark's jive is nominated.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
09-29-2010, 06:22 PM
Apolo/Julianne have two dances listed (Samba and Freestyle), but their 2 best dances were their Paso and their 2nd Quickstep. Not that the Samba wasn't good too, but it wasn't their best. I'd have their Paso, both Quicksteps, and the Tango before it at least.

Who the hell decided on this list anyway? These aren't even the best dances from most of the couples they have on there.

Guess I'm voting for Apolianne's Samba by default.

love skating
09-29-2010, 06:24 PM
I agree that their paso and quickstep were the best and they picked some odd dances.

screech
09-29-2010, 06:33 PM
Mel and Maks Paso for me for sure. God I loved the two of them together - their banter was hilarious, just like his with Erin. Meanwhile his banter with Brandy seems like they really do dislike each other, rather than having fun with their frustrations.

Beefcake
09-29-2010, 06:36 PM
They got Mel/Maks' :swoon: Paso up there, at least.

I'm pretty unqualified to rank them for "best", but if the vote were for "favorite", I'd still go with Apolo/Julianne's Cha Cha to Push It. :smokin:

Loved that even more when the geezer dinged it for being vulgar. :lol: It was really tame by comparison to what has come in latter seasons.

Cloudy_Gumdrops
09-29-2010, 06:40 PM
Loved that even more when the geezer dinged it for being vulgar. :lol: It was really tame by comparison to what has come in latter seasons.

That annoyed me. All season he had been harping on the teams to 'dirty up' their Mambos, but when Apolianne did that in their Cha Cha it was vulgur? Please! Len totally loved Joey that season though, so I guess it makes sense in that context.

rfisher
09-29-2010, 06:43 PM
And I'll have her husband.

There, it's settled. :P

Hummph. If we had all Anna's parts, we'd have her husband as well. :D

WildRose
09-29-2010, 07:05 PM
US magazine has comments from some of the cast members on Bruno's treatment of Bolton.
Cheryl Burke:

"He didn't have anything constructive to say," she added. "Michael's been the hardest working one. He's been there 8-10 hours every night. I think he was in the studio sometimes until two in the morning! I thought Len [Goodman] was right - you can say your negativity, but back it up with something you can go home and work on.
"It's just rude when someone works so hard, and they have never danced before, and then you give them that criticism," she went on. "If he never worked and was lazy and never came into the studio, that's one thing, but the fact that someone like Michael Bolton comes here and pours his heart out and then gets treated like that, it's not a good thing."
http://www.usmagazine.com/moviestvmusic/news/dwts-chelsea-hightower-bruno-was-too-harsh-on-michael-bolton-2010299

Cheylana
09-29-2010, 07:43 PM
US magazine has comments from some of the cast members on Bruno's treatment of Bolton.
That's interesting. In that case, I do feel kinda bad for MB. My reaction to MB's very subpar dance was that he wasn't trying very hard, but if in fact he actually was trying and that's the best he could do, then Bruno's criticism was too harsh.

LuckyCharm
09-29-2010, 08:02 PM
I had to go back and rewatch Bruno's comments to remind myself what all the fuss was about. It sounds like typical Bruno to me. I don't see how it was any worse than Len's crack about needing a pooper-scooper, and I can't imagine that there would be any controversy about it had Len not made a big deal of it. We'll also never know whether Bruno had anything more constructive to say since Len cut him off. I also feel bad for Michael, but I always feel bad for the folks who get harsh words. However, anyone who knows anything about the show knows that is a part of it.

skatesindreams
09-29-2010, 08:49 PM
The celebrities who appear on DWTS seem to have a variety of reasons for doing so.

Some want to prove that they can excel in a field/at a skill previously unfamiliar to them.
Others just want to have the experience/fun of participating.

Motivation probably affects how much effort some of the celebrities are able/willing to give.

All should expect the media exposure.
It's beneficial for most of them; and has re-energizied the careers of some participants,

orbitz
09-29-2010, 09:02 PM
All should expect the media exposure.
It's beneficial for most of them; and has re-energizied the careers of some participants,

Outside of Mr. Dimples (Mario Lopez) and Drew Lachley for a short while, I can't think of anyone whose career took off after appearing on DWTS. Nicole released a remake of Sway (complete with a ballroom dance themed music video) after DWTS, but her singing career's still stuck in first gear. Kelly Monaco never got any prime-time gig like people speculated that she would. Stacy Kipler ... um, what happened to her?

Veronika
09-29-2010, 09:15 PM
Kelly Osbourne stayed skinny and got a new job on E! Stacy Kiebler is still a fixture on lesser red carpets, so she's still milking it. And Brooke Burke got a new hosting job. ;)