PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With the Stars, Week 2 - 9/27 & 9/28

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20

inthemiddle
09-29-2010, 04:02 AM
What are the results? It didn't start here yet and I'll not be able to watch. Please

Garden Kitty
09-29-2010, 04:05 AM
Bolton leaves

inthemiddle
09-29-2010, 04:14 AM
Thank you Garden Kitty.

harekrishna43
09-29-2010, 04:14 AM
The Hoff and Michael Bolton are gone and I haven't had a chance to watch yet - Hope Margaret Cho hangs on for a little longer until my schedule eases up. I don't even have time to watch online.

dbell1
09-29-2010, 04:19 AM
I wonder if they're going to tell Bruno to tone it down on the criticism of the crappy 'stars'?

I can't see bigger names signing on for the cheesefest in the future if the judges are going to be that nasty...

WildRose
09-29-2010, 04:34 AM
I wonder if they're going to tell Bruno to tone it down on the criticism of the crappy 'stars'?

I can't see bigger names signing on for the cheesefest in the future if the judges are going to be that nasty...

I agree. There was no reason to humiliate Bolton - I thought Bruno was unnecessarily harsh. At this rate, any star who doesn't have a background in dance is going to be very reluctant to go on the show, and I can't say as I'd blame them.

rfisher
09-29-2010, 11:24 AM
In my next life, I'd like to have Anna's butt, plzthnx.

I want her hair.

I want both and her legs. And her eyes.

Aceon6
09-29-2010, 01:56 PM
I agree. There was no reason to humiliate Bolton - I thought Bruno was unnecessarily harsh. At this rate, any star who doesn't have a background in dance is going to be very reluctant to go on the show, and I can't say as I'd blame them.

I disagree. If Bolton had owned that craptacular piece of work, instead of getting all huffy and defensive, Bruno might have eased up and he might have fared better in the overall judging.

As for folks not wanting to do the show, entertainers and athletes are used to rejection and negative feedback. Anyone who gets far enough to be in the public eye is used to harsh criticism. I would think the only ones discouraged would be those who have an unrealistic view of their own self importance.

soxxy
09-29-2010, 02:07 PM
The Hoff and Michael Bolton are gone and I haven't had a chance to watch yet - Hope Margaret Cho hangs on for a little longer until my schedule eases up. I don't even have time to watch online.

I think she will. Margaret seems to have pulled it together from week one and establish herself before she injects comedy into the routine. Now, The Situation.....I've no idea what kind of fanbase he has, especially with the DWTS voters. (And I get the impression that head judge Len disapproves of his very being ;))

ArtisticFan
09-29-2010, 02:37 PM

I think their agents/press people, etc. will be more reluctant if the way he was judged and spoken about becomes a trend.

Most of the celebs don't come on the show to learn how to dance. They have the money and opportunity to hire professionals to teach them in the privacy of their own homes if they want to learn that badly. The majority (a few exceptions aside) are on there to promote themselves, remind people they still exist and/or promote and bring attention to a new project.

In other words, they want the lasting memory of the audience to be how fun and carefree the contestant was during the show, how much they tried, how well they did, etc. They don't want the lasting memory to be Bruno, Len or CarrieAnn saying something that could be viewed as harsh or hurtful.

In the minds of the agent, press people and celeb, they want that last article to have the sentence...

"Bolton, who has a single coming out next month, was the latest star to exit DWTS."

They don't want...

"Bolton, who received a harsh critique from the judges, was the latest star to be kicked off the hit television show."

danceronice
09-29-2010, 04:02 PM
I think Bruno just temporarily forgot he was on the US show, not the UK. They tend to be much faster to whip out the 3 paddle. (And Bruno didn't underscore. Len VASTLY overscored. That should have gotten 3-3-3.)

As for Corky...I said he was a great dancer and I stand by that. I never said he wasn't insane.

Aceon6
09-29-2010, 04:30 PM
As for Corky...I said he was a great dancer and I stand by that. I never said he wasn't insane.

Do tell, who's more insane? Corky or Shirley?

Nora_Charles
09-29-2010, 05:00 PM
Here's what I don't understand about Bolton's scores. His jive was no worse than ANY of Kate G's dances, and actually, for the sheer fact that he attempted to dance and be lightfooted at a few points during the jive, it was miles ahead of any of Kate's dances, and yet...she never got a 3. In fact, I don't recall her getting lower than a 5, and all she ever did was walk dead-eyed around the floor, trailing Tony like some sort of high maintenance zombie.

Nora_Charles
09-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Do tell, who's more insane? Corky or Shirley?

Unless Shirley literally gets on her hands and knees and sniffs every dance floor she competes on, I think the Corkster has this one all sewn up. :lol:

orbitz
09-29-2010, 05:53 PM
I think Bruno just temporarily forgot he was on the US show, not the UK.

There's always something questionable flying out of Bruno's mouth every week. He's purposely over-the-top all the time.