PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With the Stars, Week 2 - 9/27 & 9/28

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Cupid
09-28-2010, 07:31 PM
Yes, that was Cindy/Susan. She's not the cute little girl anymore with that strong jaw line - makes her hard looking.

Nan
09-28-2010, 07:42 PM
There is already a pool of sorts going in my office and the prediction is that Jennifer, Brandy and Fox will be the top three. Alternates are Audrina (I think that's her name) and Bristol.

The Disney boy was eliminated because people think that Lacey will try to choreograph to suit the boy rather than force him to "fit the mold" and it will turn Len off.

El Rey
09-28-2010, 07:48 PM
Yes, that was Cindy/Susan. She's not the cute little girl anymore with that strong jaw line - makes her hard looking.

It doesn't help that she's still rocking the same hair cut she had in the 1980's.

rfisher
09-28-2010, 07:56 PM
or Dancing With People I Would Google if I Werent Lazy and Waited for Someone at FSU to Post It

Or Dancing with People I wouldn't Be Bothered to Know Their Name if they Weren't on This Stupid Dance Show.

ABC should let the viewers pick which celebs should be paired with which pros. Derek would get those who have trouble walking much less dancing and Tony, Louis and Maks would get those who are either a)pro dancer ringers (Maks), b) try especially hard and are not drama queens (Tony) or c) try especially hard and don't want to act like an idiot (Louis). Mark would get someone who would slap him silly when he got handsy.

Anna gets all the hot, sexy men who can dance except she has to share with Edyta if she comes back.

Karina and The Situation were perfectly cast this season. :EVILLE: At least one out of how ever many there were was right.

Rob
09-28-2010, 08:07 PM
Bolton barely even danced. He needs to go. The Situation was awful, but he tried to do some steps.

Right before Carrie Ann said Kurt was like everyone's favorite uncle who drank too much at a wedding, my husband said he looked like a boracho (drunk) having fun at a wedding. Hee. I still liked him for some bizarre reason, but I am not sure why Bruno likes him so much.

Kasey
09-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Bolton had laryngitis? Um, how can you tell? And his dance looked like a snail on 'ludes. Betty White could move faster than that.

"The Situation" (I cringe even writing that, and think Pigeonboy is definitely a better name) is less obnoxious than Brandy, but is the epitome of what many people think of as stupid New York/New Jersey folks....ya can't help the accent, but you can use proper diction and grammar. It's like listening to Stallone after a stroke. Sheesh.

I wish Jennifer and Brandy had the opposite partners. Life would be perfect.

Loved Audrina's whining about giving up "everything" to be on the show. :rolleyes: Face it Princess, the show is all you have right now, so STFU.

Chunky Monkey was better last week. And it will be interesting to see if he gets into better shape doing this show.

Louie is doing the Kelly Osborne with Margaret and I love it. Hope she makes it far.

skatingfan5
09-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Bolton barely even danced. He needs to go. The Situation was awful, but he tried to do some steps. Bolton was totally unable to relax into any kind of movement. I think that he will be happy to go, especially after Len and Bruno's comments (and the "3" :wideeyes:). He can salvage a speck of pride in that he wasn't the first to leave. The Situation tried to do something -- but his overall demeanor really turns me off.
Right before Carrie Ann said Kurt was like everyone's favorite uncle who drank too much at a wedding, my husband said he looked like a boracho (drunk) having fun at a wedding. Hee. I still liked him for some bizarre reason, but I am not sure why Bruno likes him so much.I liked Kurt -- he really looked like he was enjoying himself and his dancing had some credibility to it. Carrie Ann rather liked him, too -- the favorite uncle who "discovered he could dance" after drinking too much was right on target. :D

screech
09-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Could someone please give the judge's scores for everyone? I didn't see all of them and only remember a few that I did see. Jennifer was high with 24 and Michael got half that. Margaret's 6-6-6 is the only other score I can seem to remember this morning, although I do know that there were a couple of 21's -- I think.
Scores, from highest to lowest...
- Jennifer got 24 (8, 8, 8)
- Audrina got a memorable 23 (Tony had said that if they didn't get three 8s he would wax his legs... they got 8, 8, 7). Personally, I would have had her score and Jennifer's reversed.
- Kyle got 22 (8, 7, 7) and IMO didn't quite deserve to be that close to Audrina and Jennifer in scores (but since Carrie Ann has a crush on him, I guess that explains the 8)
- Bristol got 22 (7, 8, 7) and again, I don't think she was only 1 point worse than Audrina... overscored IMO
- Rick got 21 (7, 7, 7)
- Brandy got 21 (didn't see on the site I'm looking at how the judges each scored her)
- Kurt got 21 (7, 7, 7)
- Florence got 19 (7, 6, 6) and overmarked IMO.
- Margaret got 18 (6, 6, 6). I remember Brooke and Margaret not understanding why Louis thought three sixes was bad
- The Pigeonation got 18 (6, 6, 6)
- Michael got 12 (4, 5, 3)

skatingfan5
09-28-2010, 08:29 PM
screech: Thanks for the scores! I'm rather surprised that Margaret and The Pigeonation got the same marks -- I thought she deserved at least a couple of points higher than him. I agree that Kyle and Bristol's 22's seem a bit high but I don't really have a problem with everyone else scoring about where they did (other than Margaret Cho). If Michael isn't the one to leave tonight I will be utterly shocked.

Satellitegirl
09-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Margaret definitely deserved better marks, or The Situation deserved worse marks, one or the other. Jennifer was great again. And I thought Audrina was great as well.

Wyliefan
09-28-2010, 08:34 PM
I thought Kyle was amazing! He had so much personality and did the steps really well (at least to my untrained eye). I'd love to see him in the top three, or even the top two.

Capella
09-28-2010, 08:57 PM
I know I shouldn't care, but it ticks me off when DialIdol has everyone in yellow. Wimps.

If Bolton is booted tonight, can Chelsie take over Brooke's job for the rest of the season?

danceronice
09-28-2010, 09:11 PM
If Bolton is booted tonight, can Chelsie take over Brooke's job for the rest of the season?

I really, really, hate to say this, but...is Samantha doing anything she can't ditch?

Drew Lachey?

Melissa Rycroft?

Cloris Leachman?

Any lady from The View?

Miss Piggy?

That sock-puppet dog from those old commericals?

The Geico Gecko?

Flo from Progressive?

Keanu Reeves?

The first runner-up from the last season of America's Next Top Model?

Austin and Santino?

I think we need a poll--who could do a better job than Brooke Burke as cohost?

Kasey
09-28-2010, 09:22 PM
I think we need a poll--who could do a better job than Brooke Burke as cohost?

Methinks that list would be endless. Perhaps who WOULDN'T do a better job than Brooke Burke?

skatingfan5
09-28-2010, 09:24 PM
I think we need a poll--who could do a better job than Brooke Burke as cohost?That would be an incredibly long list for the poll. Much more expedient to do a poll on who would do a WORSE job than Brooke Burke. I would begin with Gary Busey and/or Joachim Phoenix in his "I'm Still Here" persona. Also Homer Simpson. :P ETA: Al Trautwig and/or Tom Hammond. :slinkaway