PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With the Stars, Week 2 - 9/27 & 9/28

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Wyliefan
09-28-2010, 04:42 PM
I agree Dancing with the Celebrities would be a lot more accurate than Dancing with the Stars.

rfisher
09-28-2010, 04:55 PM
But if they really went with truth in advertising, it would be DWSPWALAPOTAKTN (Dancing with some people who at least a portion of the audience knows their names). :P

:lol: That's true. I do get a lesson in popular culture from watching this show because of the reality show people I've never heard of before.

danceronice
09-28-2010, 05:13 PM
:cheer2: Sarah and Piper!

And y'all can neg rep me to kingdom come if you want. I really don't care. :P

I'd positive-rep you if I could. ;) I think Bristol's costume issue is that she's, ahem, endowed (result of breast-feeding/pregnancy?) and Randall doesn't know what to do with that as 99% of dance girls are, to put it politely, smallish. (I'm not well-endowed myself but I know from trying one of her dresses, Julianne's one of the few who needs WAY more help than me! Normally I have to ADD padding, not take it out.)

Anyway, I saw the first half, bailed to watch Top Gear at nine (totally worth it.) Unless the situation was TOTALLY HORRIFICALLY AWFUL (which is possible) for the love of God someone send Michael Bolton home! That was hideous! Poor Chelsie.

And while Florence's quickstep wasn't all that great (bad feet, too much turnout, shufflingly slow) Corky did NOT need the schtick. It was understated compared to Cloris, but he could have left it out entirely.

And if we started a drinking game for every time Brooke says something stupid or mentions her season or reminds everyone SHE danced with Derek too, forget AA, we'd all be dead of alcohol poisoning twenty minutes in.

skatesindreams
09-28-2010, 05:15 PM
:lol: That's true. I do get a lesson in popular culture from watching this show because of the reality show people I've never heard of before.

As do I!

mrr50
09-28-2010, 05:21 PM
The year they had all the celebrities stay for the first week and then eliminated 2-3 the second week was the method I thought was fairest, nicest,whatever. Giving everyone a pass the first week seemed fair because of the time committed before the first show, they got to be seen twice.

Right now, I would happily see another 2-3 dumped. I cannot imagine Bolton lasting another week.

Aceon6
09-28-2010, 05:28 PM
Right now, I would happily see another 2-3 dumped.

Which gives me an idea. Can we do two weeks, then identify and dump all the hopeless ones and give the leftover pros to the celebs who show some promise? Imagine if Rick got to work with Louis AND Cheryl?

pixie cut
09-28-2010, 05:29 PM
I cannot imagine Bolton lasting another week.

He looks miserable, so I hope he goes tonight. Great singer, can't move and doesn't seem to want to try.

deltask8er
09-28-2010, 05:45 PM
Did you notice how Tom Bergeron sat in a lotus position after Grey danced? :cool:

I've seen him do that before:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kts_orET_QI

Begeron was on the Kimmel show last night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsqxFNd9M9o

http://www.youtube.com/user/JimmyKimmelLive#p/u/11/uO33bfPUAHo

But if they really went with truth in advertising, it would be DWSPWALAPOTAKTN (Dancing with some people who at least a portion of the audience knows their names). :P

I agree Dancing with the Celebrities would be a lot more accurate than Dancing with the Stars.

Or why not just "Can this person dance on live TV?"

orbitz
09-28-2010, 05:51 PM
I think if I had a cool fringed dress like that, I'd be shaking all over the place too. :cool:

I blame Hough. I think his obnoxiousness is rubbing off on her. ;)

You should see how Jennifer walked onto the couch when the entire cast was first introduced this season. She had on her best Zoolander face and swung her hips like her life depended on it. It made me go WTF? Whatever "It" factor Jennifer thought she had, it was over decades ago, but it seems like she thinks she still got it :lol:

numbers123
09-28-2010, 05:53 PM
how about "So this semi famous person thinks that they can dance"

STSFPTTCD

Wyliefan
09-28-2010, 06:05 PM
Did you notice how Tom Bergeron sat in a lotus position after Grey danced? :cool:

Oh, so THAT'S what he was talking about on his Twitter (http://twitter.com/Tom_Bergeron/status/25782977166)!

skatingfan5
09-28-2010, 07:15 PM
how about "So this semi famous person thinks that they can dance"

STSFPTTCD:D But you missed a "T" -- it would be STSFPTTTCD. ;)

my little pony
09-28-2010, 07:24 PM
or Dancing With People I Would Google if I Werent Lazy and Waited for Someone at FSU to Post It

ArtisticFan
09-28-2010, 07:24 PM
I so wish Jennifer could have been paired with the non asshat dancer of the show. I love her.

I feel evil about it, but I'm hoping Derek gets hurt and someone else has to fill in for him.

Moto Guzzi
09-28-2010, 07:27 PM
Was that Susan Olsen (Cindy Brady) in the audience?