PDA

View Full Version : Dancing With the Stars, Week 2 - 9/27 & 9/28

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

orbitz
09-28-2010, 03:18 AM
I'm just wondering what Bristol is doing on the show in the first place. She qualifies as a star? How?

Was Tom Delany or Tucker Carlson a "star" ? Hardly. What about Albert Reed? Albert who? Exactly.

Anyone with a public recognition and who can bring attention to the show will be considered as a possible contestant.

Norlite
09-28-2010, 03:45 AM
Was Tom Delany or Tucker Carlson a "star" ? Hardly.

No they weren't.

And neither were their children.

dbell1
09-28-2010, 04:18 AM
Watched the whole thing and on with a few random comments.

Poor Bristol - saddled with Mark & those costumes. That bridesmaid/layer cake monstrosity was evil. :yikes:

:kickass: Florence saying she's not there to become a joke. Ruins all of Corky's choreo for the rest of the season. :lol:

Is it me or does it seem that Jennifer doesn't like Brooke at all? (Which makes me like Jennifer more.)

Speaking of the hot air balloon breasted hostess - we need a drinking game - every time she mentions her winning season or the way she struggled on the floor, everyone drinks. :cheers: AA Meetings start after the season wraps.

Bolton with laryngitis? Every music fan's dream come true! Loved how he took the mask off when he was close to Chelsey - way to avoid getting the partner sick ya airhead. :scream:

Does Audrina have a life? :huh: Remind me to break down at work that being away from my family 8 hours a day is haaarrrddd for me. Cry me a freaking river, you reality show castoff. For what they're paying her, she can suck it up and put the time in without the whining.

Brandy was like a deranged puppet out there.

Holley Calmes
09-28-2010, 04:23 AM
Not watching this season so far, but I must comment that Michael Bolton's singing always made me wonder who had his balls in a vise.....

Sally1214
09-28-2010, 06:11 AM
If the voting public has any mercy whatsoever, they will put Michael Bolton out of his misery and send him home tomorrow night.

And, if Brandy doesn't lose the ATTITUDE, she won't be far behind him.

I actually like Michael's singing, though. :slinkaway

Aceon6
09-28-2010, 01:27 PM
I think tonight's bottom two will be Bolton and Margaret. Hope Michael gets to go home.

numbers123
09-28-2010, 02:06 PM
Based upon fan base, I think that you are correct.

LadyNit
09-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Brandi doesn't seem to realize that the real star in her pairing is Max. She's patronizing and smug. And her performance so far doesn't warrant the self-satisfaction that oozes out of her. (:P Can you tell I'm not a fan? ;))

I don't get Jennifer Grey either. She seemed to be in love with the fringe on her dress. :lol: All that hamming during the cast lineups was a turnoff.

:mitchell: Give me HUMBLE! It's too soon for 'tude. :mitchell:

skatingfan5
09-28-2010, 03:41 PM
Pigeonation :rofl:

(What does shoe size have to do with pigeon toes, btw? :shuffle: ).The bigger the feet, the more obvious they are (a size 11 for someone his height is rather large). His pigeon-toed "dancing" was obvious last week and even moreso in the rehearsal clips last night.

Since I missed my bus last night (ran up to the door as it closed and the driver just left :lynch:), I didn't get home in time to see Rick's performance, but glad to hear he did OK. Michael Bolton was bad, really bad -- but I'm not sure he tops Kate Gosselin, at least not in my eyes. (Of course, I found Kate's dancing so cringe-inducing that I couldn't watch more than the first 10 seconds so I may have missed some moments that rose to mediocrity.) I was glad to see Margaret dancing sans "comedy" and thought she did OK. I also didn't think Kurt did that badly -- he's not a dancer, but he had some ease of movement and actually was dancing with the music. Kyle was not as good as last week, but then the dance style was a more difficult one for him. I still enjoyed his performance. I thought that Jennifer and Audrina were the best and was a bit disappointed with Brandy. Of course, I got a long-distance call right then, so had to watch without any sound (not sure if hearing the music would have helped that much). Based solely on performance, the bottom two should be Michael and The Situation and I would be very happy if they were voted off this week and next.

Could someone please give the judge's scores for everyone? I didn't see all of them and only remember a few that I did see. Jennifer was high with 24 and Michael got half that. Margaret's 6-6-6 is the only other score I can seem to remember this morning, although I do know that there were a couple of 21's -- I think.

skaternum
09-28-2010, 03:54 PM
BI don't get Jennifer Grey either. She seemed to be in love with the fringe on her dress. I think if I had a cool fringed dress like that, I'd be shaking all over the place too. :cool:

All that hamming during the cast lineups was a turnoff.

I blame Hough. I think his obnoxiousness is rubbing off on her. ;)

Wyliefan
09-28-2010, 03:55 PM
I didn't see Bolton. But if he was worse than the Situation, he must have been really bad.

pixie cut
09-28-2010, 03:58 PM
I didn't see Bolton. But if he was worse than the Situation, he must have been really bad.

He was
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o8icPb5xS4

Aceon6
09-28-2010, 04:03 PM
He was
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5o8icPb5xS4

AND he was whiney about it. At least the Situation acknowledged that he was bad.

rfisher
09-28-2010, 04:08 PM
This season, it's not who was good, but who was least bad. :lol: Bolton and the Situation should have the next two weeks locked up for elimination. It would be shocking if it's anybody else. Unlike the fake *shock* of Hoff's departure.

Bristol Palin is humble and doing a pretty good job. Just goes to show being a STAR doesn't mean you can learn to dance. Actually, they could change that to DWT celebrity, but maybe DWTC isn't as cool or something.

skatingfan5
09-28-2010, 04:41 PM
This season, it's not who was good, but who was least bad. :lol: Bolton and the Situation should have the next two weeks locked up for elimination. It would be shocking if it's anybody else. Unlike the fake *shock* of Hoff's departure. I still have hopes that a few of the "stars" will improve to a consistently "good" level -- but I agree that for most it definitely is least bad.
Bristol Palin is humble and doing a pretty good job. Bristol is doing better than I thought she would -- and she doesn't have an annoying or grating persona like some have in recent seasons.
Just goes to show being a STAR doesn't mean you can learn to dance. Actually, they could change that to DWT celebrity, but maybe DWTC isn't as cool or something.Dancing with the Celebrities definitely doesn't have as much "zing" as Dancing with the Stars (and it has way too many syllables to roll off the tongue for promos, etc.). But if they really went with truth in advertising, it would be DWSPWALAPOTAKTN (Dancing with some people who at least a portion of the audience knows their names). :P