PDA

View Full Version : Desperate Housewives 2010-2011 thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

soxxy
11-08-2010, 03:12 AM
Men as good-looking and professionally successful as Bob probably can scrounge up a boyfriend pretty easily....ah, television.

I thought Felicia might not be Beth's mother because Beth said on the telephone to her last week, "I want to come home." Just being nit-picky.

Looks like there's going to be a citzenship problem which may get Gaby custody of her daughter.

BigB08822
11-08-2010, 07:51 AM
Good episode. I always enjoy the ones that are Gabby centric. Eva Longoria IS a great actress and I think she gets a lot less attention for it than she deserves. I would love for her to get an Emmy someday but I don't know if she will ever get it.

Not at all surprised to find out that Felicia is Beth's "Mama." I wasn't sure if Felicia was really her mother or if that was just what she was calling her so that Paul would not question who she was talking to. I guess that could still be in question but since she referred to her as "mama" at the prison, I guess it really is her mother.

I still can't figure out what in the world Paul is planning. I wonder if this storyline will last all season or be one of the cliffhangers that gets resolved midseason. I am beginning to think it will last all season as nothing else is really going on to keep the story interesting for the rest of the year.

Finnice
11-08-2010, 03:29 PM
The season starts in Finland today. I get my lovely Monday evenings back: first yoga class, then Deserate Housiwives.
Athough I really need yoga to stand Susanīs annoyingness:scream: But good to hear that there are more hot men coming to the show!

PeterG
11-08-2010, 04:35 PM
Eva is an underrated comedic actress.

Eva Longoria IS a great actress and I think she gets a lot less attention for it than she deserves. I would love for her to get an Emmy someday but I don't know if she will ever get it.

Eva Longoria kindly invites you to watch her host the VMA awards... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAC-z2EKFOU)

:lol:

:respec:

Coco
11-08-2010, 10:13 PM
This was probably the best episode of the season.

I wonder how Marcia Cross feels about Brie being in menopause?

Given this show's history with the topic of African Americans, am I the only one who thought that Paul's plan was to simply have his African American ex-con friends move in and lower property values?

It seems like they are painting the ex cell mate as a likeable character, all things considered, so this will be interesting.

LordCirque
11-08-2010, 11:14 PM
:blah: I'm really disappointed that they made Felicia's contact so bloody obvious.

BigB08822
11-08-2010, 11:18 PM
I think Paul's plan must be more sinister than simply lowering the market value of the houses on the street. I just don't see that being very dramatic. I think the ex con is here simply because he needed a place to stay once out of prison and he can help Paul reach whatever his goal is.

I am waiting for the moment when Beth actually falls in love with Paul and goes against her mother's wishes and tips him onto what is going on.

LordCirque
11-08-2010, 11:25 PM
I bet Paul is going to kill or attempt to kill at least 2 or 3 people on the Lane, and has the ex-con there as the fall guy. My guess is McClusky and Susan are at the top of that list. Although we've already had two people make attempts at Susan, I think that has been played out but I'm sure it will more than likely happen again.

I'm also interested in finding out what happens if and when Paul finds out about Juanita and Grace. I'll be surprised if he doesn't find out about that. Although McClusky, Susan, and Mike are all probably much higher on his list than the others.

ks777
11-09-2010, 01:49 AM
I am ok if Susan get killed. I am starting to hate the Susan Character. Whatever happened to Andrew?

Cupid
11-15-2010, 04:19 PM
Beth is falling in love, I think.

This is too easy to have Grace's parents deported back to Mexico leaving Grace with Gaby.

I think Brie will eventually date her boyfriend's father, now that his wife wants a divorce. He's quite a hunk - he used to be on Dukes of Hazzard and I believe was/is a country singer.

This episode was just okay, I enjoyed last week's much more.

Coco
11-15-2010, 07:06 PM
Is that John Schneider?

I learned last week (yes, I read too much gossip), that the actress who plays Juanita is Demi Lovato's 1/2 sister. Random, huh?

I'm starting to feel sorry for Beth all the way around. Crazy mama, crazy husband!

ETA: OMG it is Bo Duke!!! Yummy!

BigB08822
11-15-2010, 08:25 PM
I was right on about predicting Beth would begin falling in love. I just didn't think it would happen in the next episode. Come on, DH, throw us a curve ball from time to time!

One thing I don't like about the whole Grace/Juanita story line is that they seem to write it as though only Gabby cares about being with her biological daughter. They don't make it seem like Carlos cares as much and we NEVER get to hear about the other couple wanting to see or be with Juanita. Maybe I miss some references but it seems all about Gabby wanting to be the good mommy. lol

Coco
11-15-2010, 11:31 PM
There was a split second shot an episode or two ago where Juanita's biological mom was bonding w/Juanita and showing her how to make tortillas or something like that.

That's character development for you in Fairview :)

But seriously, if both parents disappear and leave Grace w/the Solis family, it'll be hard not to hold it against Gabby. I mean, she got him deported. That's pretty bad.

soxxy
11-15-2010, 11:53 PM
I can see Grace staying with the Solis' on a temporary basis, but not permanently. Grace has been raised by a woman very different from Gaby, and she's not that young to forget her. Carlos and Gaby can always take trips to Mexico.

Cupid
12-06-2010, 07:16 PM
Fell asleep after first five minutes last night:o - anything exciting happen??