PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Thread 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

smurfy
11-21-2010, 05:05 AM
Theatregirl - great points,
I felt with Charlotte not reporting was consistent with her character, stubborn, independent, private. I understood the other characters intent, but felt they were intrusive with Charlotte. I like how she made the decision as something not just for herself but for Cooper (preventing a murder). I for one agree that the decision is the victims, but for this show, Charlotte doing this is a step forward in her relationship with Cooper. Not just sex, but showing how they both love each other. Even before this rape, I was starting to like them together, but felt the writers were concentrating on the sex and Charlotte being rude and it might not go anywhere. Now it is showing a deeper relationship. JMHO.

HeatherC
11-21-2010, 06:47 PM
Theatregirl - great points,
I felt with Charlotte not reporting was consistent with her character, stubborn, independent, private. I understood the other characters intent, but felt they were intrusive with Charlotte. I like how she made the decision as something not just for herself but for Cooper (preventing a murder). I for one agree that the decision is the victims, but for this show, Charlotte doing this is a step forward in her relationship with Cooper. Not just sex, but showing how they both love each other. Even before this rape, I was starting to like them together, but felt the writers were concentrating on the sex and Charlotte being rude and it might not go anywhere. Now it is showing a deeper relationship. JMHO.

I agree with just about everything you wrote here. I also think the decision to report or not should be the survivor's choice and it did seem like the others were being a bit obstinate. I think they were just trying to help though and thought that reporting the asshat would be something to help give Charlotte some peace. She is extremely stubborn and private so I saw both sides here: Her not wanting anyone at the office involved and them trying really hard to figure out a way to help her. BTW-I don't remember the Violet story very well from earlier in the show's tenure but I may tweet Shonda and ask her about it today. I tried to find some recap stuff to bring that back to my brain and couldn't find anything. Hmmmm. :huh:

Anyway, I love how Char and Cooper's relationship is growing this season and those are the moments that are really staying with me, watching the looks they give each other and their support for each other. Charlotte was one of my least favorite characters when the show started (I thought she was SO irritating, LOL) but over time, as they've shown more and more of her kind side, she's really grown on me and now she's one of my faves. You can always count on her to tell it like it is to the other docs :P and now watching her deal with everything and seeing the kinder side of her come out with Cooper more is really making her character a strength of the show. KaDee Strickland has done a fantastic job with a tough story and IMO her name better be listed come Emmy time. Don't know if you guys know it or not but she's gotten very involved with RAINN and spending time with survivors and helping out with events and such for them. She went to DC recently for some big event and apparently it went really well. I think it's awesome how involved she's gotten in wanting to help survivors and spread the word about others getting the help they need. I really like it when actors take a role to heart that way. :)

I am still laughing about GA three days later. The recap written up for Entertainment Weekly sums up everything really well. My coworkers thought I was nuts when I was reading it and laughing so much at work on Friday, LOL :lol: I think we needed one of those weeks where the one liners are coming fast and furious and drunk Bailey was absolutely priceless. :rofl:

*Jen*
11-21-2010, 08:30 PM
Guys, feel free to disagree but could we perhaps start a separate PP thread? I personally can't stand the show and have long since given up on it, so I'd be happy if the GA thread was about...well, GA ;)

I don't know if there's enough of a a fan base here to start a separate thread though, so like I said - feel free to disregard :)

Now back to Grey's - I think Cristina is totally believable. A friend of mine suffered something similar and didn't do anything to help herself for well over a year. More to the point though, Cristina thinks that she IS helping herself in quitting and finding joy in things other than medicine. It might seem weird to everyone else, but I've also quit a high stress job and enjoyed doing something completely random and unrelated that didn't require a brain. It happens ;)

Liked Mer and Alex ignoring the paeds twit. We all know he's not staying long term, so it's kind of fun to see their bitching knowing it'll end soon.

LadyNit
11-21-2010, 10:22 PM
phhht. Grey's and Private Practice are intertwined and created by the same writer. I don't plan to stop talking about both of them in this thread. And Charlotte's story on PP right now is really good.

nerdycool
11-21-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm going to mention something that people might take offense at, but I'm merely curious to know if anyone else has noticed it.

I've noticed this season that both GA and PP have an increase in inter-racial couples. Especially a few weeks ago when there were 2 on GA in one episode, immediately followed with another on PP (not even including Addison and Sam, Naomi & whomever she's with, or Maya & Dink). I'm not complaining because I have no issue whatsoever on the subject, but it did make me wonder if it was merely casting coincidence or whether the writers were up to something behind the scenes (or something like that).

kimkom
11-22-2010, 03:49 AM
Guys, feel free to disagree but could we perhaps start a separate PP thread? I personally can't stand the show and have long since given up on it, so I'd be happy if the GA thread was about...well, GA ;)

I've been thinking the same thing, Jen. I don't watch PP, and I find myself wondering who the hell everyone is talking about. I'll just try to to skip over those posts, I guess.

*Jen*
11-23-2010, 10:57 PM
phhht. Grey's and Private Practice are intertwined and created by the same writer. I don't plan to stop talking about both of them in this thread. And Charlotte's story on PP right now is really good.

They are indeed created by the same writer, but not really intertwined since not watching PP doesn't affect my understanding of GA at all. Like I said, feel free to disregard, it was just a suggestion, but I see I'm not the only one who thought of it.

Maybe all PP posts should be in another colour so it's easier to gloss over. Like purple. I like purple :glamor: ;)
And before anyone jumps on me, no, I'm not being serious.

LadyNit
11-24-2010, 01:03 AM
Yes. I feel free to disregard. :)

Latte
11-24-2010, 05:28 PM
They are indeed created by the same writer, but not really intertwined since not watching PP doesn't affect my understanding of GA at all. Like I said, feel free to disregard, it was just a suggestion, but I see I'm not the only one who thought of it.

Maybe all PP posts should be in another colour so it's easier to gloss over. Like purple. I like purple :glamor: ;)

I am voting with you, I don't watch PP and have no idea who they are talking about.
I think there should be seperate threads. Just saying.......:shuffle:

pixie cut
11-24-2010, 05:29 PM
I am voting with you, I don't watch PP and have no idea who they are talking about.
I think there should be seperate threads. Just saying.......:shuffle:

I don't think there's enough to say about each show. A combined thread works nicely.

nerdycool
11-24-2010, 11:07 PM
I vote for keeping them together, also. For the most part, PP won't garner a lot of comments from me because the storylines aren't usually that exciting. But at the moment, they've got a really good one going, but I don't expect it to last all that much longer.

smurfy
11-25-2010, 12:04 AM
I say keep it together, this post is not so long, and give folks something extra to say they don't like, but keep watching.

AxelAnnie
11-25-2010, 12:45 AM

Although created by the same person, they are different shows, and I would also appreciate it if they were discussed in different threads. I don't watch PP, and it is confusing to be puzzling over story lines and characters I know nothing about. Can't imagine it would be a concern for anyone to separate them.

Theatregirl1122
11-25-2010, 07:13 AM
A forum admin said she saw no need to seperate them at the beginning of this conversation, so I'm rather surprised that it is still going on. Personally, I agree with her. It's not like this is some high traffic difficult to sift through thread. The fact that most of the discussion in this thread for the past week has been about whether or not we should split the threads pretty much proves that there isn't nearly enough conversation about these two shows to warrant two threads. Not to mention that most of the people who mention Private Practice start off their comment with some variation of "about private practice..." So if you don't watch it, skip those comments.

Andora
11-25-2010, 08:29 PM
At this point it feels like there are more posts discussing separating the two than there are posts about one or the other. :P