PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Thread 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

kimkom
10-10-2010, 02:06 AM
Roughly when is the spider scene? I'd like to know so I can minimize the screen then...I'm DEAD terrified of spiders :shuffle:

So am I! :lol:

It is during the surgery on the man with the wart thingies (I forget what the condition is called). It crawled out of his hands while Bailey was operating. :scream:

musicgurl
10-10-2010, 04:01 AM
So am I! :lol:

It is during the surgery on the man with the wart thingies (I forget what the condition is called). It crawled out of his hands while Bailey was operating. :scream:

Just reading that is giving me the chills. Spiders freak me out.

Lacey
10-10-2010, 04:42 AM
That whole hands thing was bizarre.

Jimena
10-11-2010, 12:59 AM
That whole hands thing was bizarre.
Yes. I researched HPV to see if this could really happen and it can. (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/1569156/Tree-man-who-grew-roots-may-be-cured.html) :wideeyes:

HeatherC
10-15-2010, 04:32 AM
Grey's must be mining every single gross type of medical thing they can find this year. Last week totally creeped me out with the giant warts and this week we had the guy keeping worms in his stomach. :yikes: Overall I'm really enjoying this season so far but the creepy medical things might need to take a week off so I can enjoy the rest of the show a little more, LOL :lol:

BTW-Jackson's abs need more screen time.....:swoon:

smurfy
10-15-2010, 04:42 AM
Grey's must be mining every single gross type of medical thing they can find this year. Last week totally creeped me out with the giant warts and this week we had the guy keeping worms in his stomach. :yikes: Overall I'm really enjoying this season so far but the creepy medical things might need to take a week off so I can enjoy the rest of the show a little more, LOL :lol:

BTW-Jackson's abs need more screen time.....:swoon:

I so agree with all your points, especially for Jackson.
I find this season to be good. I like mature Meh, she has grown up a bit, and it is nice to have a stable relationship in the show.
It is so odd to have Christina not jump for surgery, but some progress tonight at least with her marriage. The kids are growing up.
Karen - too funny when he asks if he can leave. I really like his character. (and last week loved the chief riding the elevator with him)
April does look a big like Lexie sometimes and that distracts me. But I do like how jackson and april are getting integrated. Meh is like a den mother.
McSteamy, I am not liking his hairstyle this season, seems 70s sleaze and he is such a fine lookng man otherwise.
Previews - they are attendings, again they are growing up.

pixie cut
10-15-2010, 06:59 PM
I thought last night's episode was okay. Slowly bringing Cristina back to life.

Think the idea of Meredith and Derek running a boarding house is a little silly and kind of stupid that none of these hotties are getting between the sheets. Aren't either Alex or Jackson man enough to come to April's assistance?

Satellitegirl
10-15-2010, 07:08 PM
I agree, smurfy. I'm glad April and Jackson are being worked into the story some. I actually liked April this episode, and I NEVER thought I'd be saying that lol. And Jackson...well...he's just gorgeous so he can do whatever he wants. :swoon:

pixie cut
10-15-2010, 07:44 PM
I'm glad April and Jackson are being worked into the story some. I actually liked April this episode, and I NEVER thought I'd be saying that lol. And Jackson...well...he's just gorgeous so he can do whatever he wants. :swoon:

Once they were made full time cast members, there was obviously a commitment to giving them meaningful storylines and lines to say. Thought the Jackson/Teddy stuff was good.

April has actually become likable. Nice.

Theatregirl1122
10-22-2010, 12:03 AM
I'm so annoyed with private practice. Let's all just pretend that it is easy for an 8 year old (or however old she is) child of a drug addict to get adopted. I know that it is a big decision to just take on a child that isn't yours but lets not pretend that this is "the best thing for Betsy".

pixie cut
10-22-2010, 12:44 AM
I'm so annoyed with private practice. Let's all just pretend that it is easy for an 8 year old (or however old she is) child of a drug addict to get adopted. I know that it is a big decision to just take on a child that isn't yours but lets not pretend that this is "the best thing for Betsy".

In the real world people make sacrifices, such as taking in the child of a deceased friend. It made me as a viewer dislike all of them.

nerdycool
10-22-2010, 01:24 AM
Exactly. Every single one of them, except for Violet, was extremely selfish. I halfway expect Naomi to come back from her trip, find out what happened, and rip them all new ones... and then take Besty. And I really hope that happens. BTW, what happened to the wheelchair guy (obviously I can't remember his name)? I haven't seen him yet this season, and I don't recall his character leaving last season. I think he and Renee have some really good chemistry.

nerdycool
10-22-2010, 05:06 AM
*before I talk about Grey's, I have to clarify that I know that just because you're able, it doesn't mean you should adopt a kid if your heart's not in it. But what bothered me about PP was that not one of them besides Addison gave it more than a second for consideration before they seemingly went back to having sex. And even then, Addison didn't give it more than a minute.

Anyway, I liked this episode a lot. I liked that it showed the residents wearing "grown up" scrubs and all it entails. I liked how Callie was trying to get into everyone's head. I liked Meredith taking the reins on the brain surgery after only a second of surprise, and not even showing nerves. I liked how Christina seemed to wake up a bit and be an actual doctor. So much more, but I won't bore you all. I was surprised though when the Chief gave the $$$ to Hunt. I knew it was a good plan, but then Bailey was all practical and I was sure that she would get it.

I think they'll have Christina coming back to normal soon. There's only so many episodes they can have her being dead inside before it gets old... and they're fast approaching it with me.

smurfy
10-22-2010, 05:38 AM
I liked the episode too. I do like grown up Meh. yes, please christina, wake up.
Loved Alex, as always. I don't know if it is because I know the actor has a bunch of kids, but Alex in peds just works in so many ways.

Back to Pvt Prac and last weeks episode. I understand that one can not make a decision about adoption so easily, but the way it was portrayed/written, it made everyone but Violet seemed like spoiled rotten selfish rich kids that only wanted to have sex. PP really does suck at times, but I watch it mostly to drool over Taye Diggs.

pixie cut
10-22-2010, 04:28 PM
*before I talk about Grey's, I have to clarify that I know that just because you're able, it doesn't mean you should adopt a kid if your heart's not in it.

There are options other than adoption. There's foster care and guardianship. At this moment of acute need in the real world -- where hopefully two parents wouldn't die within such a short time span -- someone could take temporary guardianship and then reassess in a year. To me, it was a weak and really misguided plot point. It cast all the principals in a bad light. Yet another bad choice by the creative team of GA and PP.

I was surprised though when the Chief gave the $$$ to Hunt. I knew it was a good plan, but then Bailey was all practical and I was sure that she would get it.

That seemed obvious to me too, but given what transpired Hunt's proposal had a sense of urgency that also seemed to be good pr.

I think they'll have Christina coming back to normal soon. There's only so many episodes they can have her being dead inside before it gets old... and they're fast approaching it with me.

It gave them something slightly different to do.

I also wondered what happened to Dr. Fife. Considering in the season finale William basically handed Naomi over to him, they were so quick to write him out. He was excellent, and frankly I miss him. A reason might be that obviously Audra McDonald is going to be absent for several episodes, and the producers may have thought they'd have nothing for him to do while she's gone. There's hope he may reappear later in the season.