PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Thread 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23]

nerdycool
06-02-2011, 03:30 AM
The last I'd heard, Ellen was up in the air about continuing... saying that no one had approached her about extending her contract or even just asking if it was it for her. The same article asked her her feelings on Lexie taking over as the Grey in Grey's Anatomy should Ellen leave. She is supportive of the idea, and Chyler Leigh said she'd be up for it. So I'm curious to see how it ends up.

kimkom
06-02-2011, 03:32 AM
I don't suppose I'll miss Patrick Dempsey too much; I can't hear most of his dialogue anyway. :lol:

Satellitegirl
06-02-2011, 02:52 PM
I think it's just a silly way to get support so that they get more money. I doubt he'll leave. His movie career hasn't grown *that* much.

pixie cut
06-02-2011, 03:01 PM
I think it's just a silly way to get support so that they get more money. I doubt he'll leave. His movie career hasn't grown *that* much.

I think he is going to leave. He fancies himself a big movie star and his Grey's commitment is holding him back. Ellen Pompeo may be angling for a bigger paycheck, although I don't know how much leverage she has given the fact that she's done virtually nothing other than the show since it premiered.

Andora
06-02-2011, 04:56 PM
I doubt Dempsey wants to leave because he thinks his movie career will take off. It didn't when his name was huge thanks to Grey's Anatomy, when he made movies on hiatus, so why would it now? I imagine he knows that.

Maybe he and Ellen are just tired of the show and they don't like their characters anymore? Hasn't he been vocal about his exasperation with how his character only seems to be stuck in a romantic push and pull with very little other development? The way the season ended looks like we're heading that way again. Maybe he's made enough to say screw it, and play second-fiddle characters like he did in Sweet Home Alabama the rest of his career. :P

ArtisticFan
06-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Even small movie roles can be more attractive than series television to some actors. The pay is often quite similar and the schedule much better. Filming a movie on location for 2 months or filming a series for 6 months? If the pay is the same then the answer would be movies for many actors.

Unlike Pompeo, Dempsey has years of acting credits to his name. If he has invested wisely he might not even need to work.

*Jen*
06-02-2011, 09:08 PM
With what they've earned, I doubt any of them ever need to work again!

Andora
06-02-2011, 10:46 PM
I hope Sandra Oh, Sarah Ramierez, Mc Steamy and Dr. Green Eyes continue to work, though. In fact, wipe the board, keep them and Bailey (maybe little Grey, too), and start from scratch. Send them somewhere warm, where the guys have to go shirtless a lot, as well.

Unlike Pompeo, Dempsey has years of acting credits to his name. If he has invested wisely he might not even need to work.

I imagine this is the case. Plus, I recall he car races as a hobby. Maybe he wants to spend less time on a show that he doesn't enjoy and more on that?

ArtisticFan
06-02-2011, 11:52 PM
With what they've earned, I doubt any of them ever need to work again!

One would think, but many actors and actresses have made high salaries and wasted every penny. So I would not assume anything.

pixie cut
06-03-2011, 12:10 AM
One would think, but many actors and actresses have made high salaries and wasted every penny. So I would not assume anything.

Their original contracts were nothing spectacular. Although no doubt they've been given nice raises as the show has been renewed, these actors are not in the league of Friends or Seinfeld. After eight years, I'm sure they've done okay, but it's probably not retiring money.