PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Thread 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23

MarieM
05-20-2011, 07:46 AM
April as chief resident is a very bad idea IMO. She has no personality and no respect amongst her fellow "students". She'll bomb.
Alex ... what could you say ? He lost it. He must have known why she did it. Derek is an A$$.

It was quite a peacefull finale right ?

pixie cut
05-20-2011, 02:12 PM
It was quite a peacefull finale right ?

Boring would be a better word.

MarieM
05-20-2011, 04:13 PM
I wasn't going to say it aloud but yeah, it was boring :lol:

*Jen*
05-20-2011, 11:28 PM
I'm sitting here wondering why Cristina keeps getting pregnant so easily while Meredith & Derek couldn't conceive for anything. :huh:
(

Because infertility is complex. I have a friend who got pregnant despite two different methods of birth control while another struggled through 4 rounds of IVF without result. You wouldn't be alone in wondering, but that was actually one of the more realistic plots of the night!

April as chief resident is a very bad idea IMO. She has no personality and no respect amongst her fellow "students". She'll bomb.

That's the point. She got it by default. She'll bomb and they'll give it to someone else next season.

AragornElessar
05-21-2011, 12:10 AM
Can someone give me a rundown of last night please and thank you? I missed it due to NHL Playoffs *and* no blank DVD's in the house, so couldn't burn it for watching later.

And before someone says it, I'm on Dial Up Hell in Rural Canada, so don't suggest any sites to watch it at. My system just can't handle it.

*Jen*
05-21-2011, 12:17 AM
Can someone give me a rundown of last night please and thank you? I missed it due to NHL Playoffs *and* no blank DVD's in the house, so couldn't burn it for watching later.

And before someone says it, I'm on Dial Up Hell in Rural Canada, so don't suggest any sites to watch it at. My system just can't handle it.

Television without pity (http://www.televisionwithoutpity.com/show/greys_anatomy/unaccompanied_minor.php) have a great summary - just click and read :) They'll have a more in depth one in a couple of days.

Jimena
05-21-2011, 02:19 AM
That's the point. She got it by default. She'll bomb and they'll give it to someone else next season.

I think it would be better if she learned to be great at it.

HeatherC
05-21-2011, 03:43 AM

I actually think she'll be quite good at this job. It's all about organization, going by the rules, and not having much time for surgeries, and since I think she's a pretty weak surgeon in regards to the rest of the residents, why not give her the job to keep her away from doing surgery?! Of course she's going to suffer from not getting respect from some of the other residents but hey, that can be the comic relief next season, LOL :lol: :shuffle:

Infertility just makes me so sad. Most of my friends all have kids now but two different friends of mine struggled SO hard with conceiving and it broke my heart. One finally did conceive twins with IVF (I think) but the other is now looking at adoption because they haven't had any success otherwise. It was hard watching them struggle so much. It's such a painful thing for people to go through and the fact that it's so random makes it even harder and totally unfair. :(

*Jen*
05-21-2011, 02:45 PM

But that would involve spending yet more time on April and I'm just not invested in any storyline involving her. She's not a central character for me, and I don't think the show would be any worse without her in it. That's not something I could say about Meredith, Cristina or Alex, for example.

I don't care about April, or about Stark, or about Alex's girlfriend, Bailey's boyfriend and a bunch of other people. I fast forward through their parts.

At least having April as chief means I save time by having more bits to zip through...

Theatregirl1122
05-24-2011, 12:34 AM
Loved that Alex got called out on ratting on Mer. She has been a true friend to him during the whole run of the show.

Frankly, I thought Owen's reaction was ridiculous. Alex may have been drunk and stupid. But he actually did the right thing. Mer's insisting that if she didn't tell what she did, the trial would not be compromised is ridiculous. She compromised the randomness of the trial by changing those envelopes. This is a small scale trial. Derek was right when he told that she had completely destroyed the trial, dumped tons of money down the drain, and potentially prevented a treatment that could save lives from ever making it to the market. I think Derek is wrong to imply that the situation is totally black and white, but what she did was serious. She compromised the trial, and the trial could not continue as if it were done properly. It could not be analyzed as if it were done properly. It had to be stopped and the people who were working on this trial had to be told that so they could act appropriately. Alex did the right thing.

pixie cut
05-24-2011, 12:49 AM
Frankly, I thought Owen's reaction was ridiculous.

I thought everything written for Owen in the finale was ridiculous. Instead of throwing Cristina out, which I understand sets up lots of drama for next season, the character if he stayed in character would have made a sincere attempt to understand why his wife was so opposed to having a baby. It's clear it's about more than her career, which of course we'll learn next season.

sk8pics
05-24-2011, 12:50 AM
I thought this, too. Alex did the right thing. It is Meredith's own fault she is in this situation, not Alex's fault.

nerdycool
05-26-2011, 02:18 AM
...and I'm sitting here wondering why Cristina keeps getting pregnant so easily while Meredith & Derek couldn't conceive for anything. :huh:It's the same reason why abusive crack-whores on welfare keep having babies, while stable & responsible couples couldn't sell their souls even for a chance at one. Meaning, it's not always fair and understandable, but infertility is indiscriminatory.

*Jen*
06-01-2011, 11:34 PM
MASSIVE spoilers (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/tv/mcdreamy-over-for-patrick-dempsey-who-is-leaving-greys-anatomy/story-e6frexlr-1226067132846) here relating to McDreamy. Click at your own risk!

pixie cut
06-01-2011, 11:41 PM
MASSIVE spoilers (http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/tv/mcdreamy-over-for-patrick-dempsey-who-is-leaving-greys-anatomy/story-e6frexlr-1226067132846) here relating to McDreamy. Click at your own risk!

It's hardly a spoiler. He's been rather vocal on the topic. Same for Ellen Pompeo. Although I think Chandra Wilson, Sandra Oh and Justin Chambers would be up for continuing after season eight.