PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Thread 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23

JJH
04-02-2011, 10:38 PM
Seems to me I remember TVguide.com stating that the ratings were strong, up considerably, 2nd most watched show on Thursday (after Idol). (Why do I remember this meaningless stuff when I can't remember phone numbers with any reliability?)

HeatherC
04-03-2011, 05:46 AM
Does anyone know what the ratings were?

IIRC, it won the nine pm hour and ratings were up quite a bit from the last new episode. It also helped PP to get slightly stronger ratings than their previous new episode too. Not a bad night for ABC (they finished second overall) and of course Idol won the night overall for Fox. I'm really tired of that show. :rolleyes: :shuffle:

Theatregirl1122
04-03-2011, 06:15 AM
Overall, I thought the music didn't add anything to what should have been an amazing and dramatic episode. Was it the worst thing ever? No. But if it doesn't add anything, why do it?

sk8pics
04-03-2011, 01:21 PM
I didn't really like it either, and found the periodic bursting into song by the other characters to be distracting from the story. Sara Ramirez was fabulous and I think it would have been a great episode if she'd been the only one singing. But it seems maybe somebody thought, "Hey, let's do a musical episode!" rather than doing it so it all blended together and helped the storyline.

pixie cut
04-29-2011, 02:22 PM
Bumping up this thread. Sadly, Owen seems to have become a third-string character while April and the peds surgeon are now front and center. Now I'm ready for this season to be over.

Jimena
04-29-2011, 04:32 PM
Meh on the episode last night. It felt like filler to me.

pixie cut
04-29-2011, 04:50 PM
Meh on the episode last night. It felt like filler to me.

Totally. :mad: Especially after a four-week wait.

Also, could someone please explain why Callie and Arizona needed to get in the car to go home when they live across the street. :rolleyes:

*Jen*
04-29-2011, 05:47 PM
Totally. :mad: Especially after a four-week wait.

Also, could someone please explain why Callie and Arizona needed to get in the car to go home when they live across the street. :rolleyes:

:rofl: Good point.

I fast forwarded a lot. It was meh.

pixie cut
05-06-2011, 01:27 PM
I found last night's episode predictable, although juxtaposing Meredith and Derek's "real" wedding with Callie and Arizona's ceremony was nicely done...to a point.

I find Teddy's "and still you don't get it," ridiculous. Explain yourself or Cristina's analysis is spot on. Also, Richard almost mocking Cristina was unrealistic. "We always thought you'd be chief resident, but look at the others." It's almost grounds for her to sue the hospital, which I suppose might be a good storyline.

On PP, could Naomi just leave with hot wheelchair guy already. Her occasional appearances have become annoying and obnoxiously written.

Satellitegirl
05-06-2011, 02:50 PM
I don't even enjoy this show anymore and only watch occasionally. The characters have been written so pretentiously that it just turns me off, now.

Jimena
05-13-2011, 12:06 PM
Watched last night. Really enjoyed the episode! It surprised me how much I liked it, especially considering last week's ep, which was totally mediocre.

You know, I enjoy Cristina but sometimes she's a terribly annoying character. I'm glad Owen told it to her like it is.

pixie cut
05-13-2011, 01:43 PM
You know, I enjoy Cristina but sometimes she's a terribly annoying character. I'm glad Owen told it to her like it is.

I actually thought that moment was a long time coming. She may be the best surgeon of the lot, but she would be awful as chief resident. Frankly, so would Alex and Meredith. They're way too self-absorbed to be good teachers. Disappointing that no one ever mentions how Callie was the Chief's original choice over Bailey because she was a rocking surgeon, but she bombed as chief resident. Seriously, both Kepner and Avery are way more suited to the job of chief resident. The only one who is actually suited to the job is Lexie, but she's still a year away...or three in Grey's years.

MarieM
05-13-2011, 02:14 PM
So who has the job ?

pixie cut
05-13-2011, 03:32 PM
So who has the job ?

That will be announced next week's show.

MarieM
05-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Arg. I thought so. I wanna knowwwwwww !