PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Thread 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23

ArtisticFan
04-01-2011, 05:13 AM
My other major distraction was that Sandra Oh has no breasts.

Andora
04-01-2011, 05:25 AM
My other major distraction was that Sandra Oh has no breasts.

Sandra Oh blows me away because she's an immense actress who seems to have a large personality based on interviews, all packaged in a very small shell. I always forget how generally small (not overly skinny) she is until you catch a red carpet shot or something.

:shuffle: I haven't seen tonight's episode. I'll grab it On Demand later next week while I'm cleaning or something. I do love Sara Ramirez singing, even if it's in a strange situation like this.

Allskate
04-01-2011, 06:00 AM
She won a Tony. It was because of Broadway that she ended on Grey's.

I hope she starts recording something soon. She's got an amazing voice.

She said in an interview last night that she just released an EP of original music.

ArtisticFan
04-01-2011, 06:04 AM
Sandra Oh blows me away because she's an immense actress who seems to have a large personality based on interviews, all packaged in a very small shell. I always forget how generally small (not overly skinny) she is until you catch a red carpet shot or something.

I know. I love her beyond belief. You'll see when you see the scene. She was wearing a black lace bra and making out with Owen as he was singing...montage scene. It was just a moment where I stared at her and said...she seriously has no chest.

I don't mean that in a bad way. I wish mine were smaller than they are now. It was just one of those realization moments. I don't usually start staring at other women's breasts and comparing.

AragornElessar
04-01-2011, 07:09 AM
I cried when Callie started freaking out when Owen first started singing. And then with The Story at the end. Those were the two standouts for me.

Same here. Who knew Kevin could sing like that. Wow!!

Sara singing "The Story" at the end was amazing! When she was shaking the bed trying to wake herself up, so to speak, I started bawling!

I wasn't bawling, but I got awfully choked up seeing that.

The songs are all on iTunes now.

Where? I just went looking and couldn't find them and did both a New Release *and* "Grey's Anatomy" search and nothing. I did discover that Sara's got a four song mini EP over there that's self titled and The Story is on it.

Which is downloading for me as I type this. What an amazing voice that lady's got. Was blown away tonight, but especially by the performance of The Story.

What really got me was Addison apologizing to Callie when she first got there. SO good to see Addie back on Grey's as I never got into PP and I miss Kate Walsh on GA. It was just such a great scene considering how close Addie and Callie were and for Addie's first sight of her friend for the first time in how long to be Callie lying in ICU on a Vent and all cut up. That one had the tears going for me.

What was w/Teddy and Christina at the end though? Jealous much still or was Teddy just embrassed and feeling like Christina showed her up, so the slap down? I wasn't quite sure how to read that one and Christina looked just as shocked too.

All in all, it wasn't bad, but it was no Brain Salad Surgery ep from Chicago Hope either. Now *that's* how to do a musical eppy of a Medical Drama on TV!!

skipaway
04-01-2011, 12:48 PM
All in all, it wasn't bad, but it was no Brain Salad Surgery ep from Chicago Hope either. Now *that's* how to do a musical eppy of a Medical Drama on TV!!

I loved that episode too....especially the nurse singing "I got a brand new pair of rollerskates.." :lol:

I know it's only TV but Hollywood and medicine just don't mix. Callie without any supplemental oxygen in the last scene where she wakes up..:rolleyes: Unless it was days to weeks later after her last major surgery...she should be oxygenated and lined up (IVs etc..) I'd have been happy with a mask that she could reach up and remove. Scene reminded me of the one on West Wing when Josh got shot, had a 16 hr. surgery to repair his pulmonary artery and he was extubated and talking at the end.

pilgrimsoul
04-01-2011, 01:45 PM
What was w/Teddy and Christina at the end though? Jealous much still or was Teddy just embrassed and feeling like Christina showed her up, so the slap down? I wasn't quite sure how to read that one and Christina looked just as shocked too.

My thought about this was that Teddy suddenly realized that her star pupil had surpassed her and was humiliated by the very public way this realization manifested itself. It is interesting that her words to Christina were "I can't teach you anymore." I think she was really saying (whether she realized it at the moment she said it) was that she had no more to teach Christina, as in "I can't teach you any more."

made_in_canada
04-01-2011, 04:13 PM
I thought the first number was fabulous. As long as it's clearly in Callie's head, it's OK.

But the rest? Meh.

Yeah, this ITA.

Sara Ramirez is AMAZING!

Veronika
04-01-2011, 05:04 PM
I still have mixed feelings about the episode...I wish they hadn't had the music compete with the dialogue. That kinda ruined it for me. I was more worried about Callie and the baby than the songs.

nerdycool
04-01-2011, 08:08 PM
I liked it, but I felt it really slowed the storyline down. Sara was great though, and I was surprised by Chyler's voice, too. Not overly impressed by Kevin's voice, but that's just my opinion.

The scene that really got me though, was Meredith & Derrick in the elevator. Their situation hit very close to home and although their scenes are going to be hard to watch from here on in, I'm glad the writers are doing it.

AragornElessar
04-01-2011, 09:38 PM
The scene that really got me though, was Meredith & Derrick in the elevator. Their situation hit very close to home and although their scenes are going to be hard to watch from here on in, I'm glad the writers are doing it.

Meredith sobbing and cursing out the Universe for sucking so much really hit close to home w/me too w/a lot of what I'm dealing w/at the moment. It was just the overall tone of what she was saying and how that could fit w/a lot of what a lot of viewers are going through in their own lives right now...That scene just really cut deep.

My thought about this was that Teddy suddenly realized that her star pupil had surpassed her and was humiliated by the very public way this realization manifested itself. It is interesting that her words to Christina were "I can't teach you anymore." I think she was really saying (whether she realized it at the moment she said it) was that she had no more to teach Christina, as in "I can't teach you any more."

Now *that* makes perfect sense and also jibes w/Teddy singing/saying "I know how to save a life" as the final scene we see in the OR w/everyone working on Callie and the baby. I haven't gotten a whole lot of sleep the last 48 hrs and I'm going on fumes, so thanks for helping to make sense of that. :)

iloveemoticons
04-01-2011, 10:39 PM
Chyler's voice, WOW. I thought the song was the original recording by the way she sung it. Overall though, I didn't like the episode and the way the music and dialogue overlapped. IMO it seemed very derivative of the Scrubs musical episode, which had the same concept (a sick patient who sings/hears music), but was executed much better with original music, choreography, and better plotline. Plus the "How to Save a Life" song has been used to death by TV dramas.

rjblue
04-02-2011, 01:26 AM
Here's Sara singing The Story Live at The Grove in LA. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6325Ndfxtg)

quebecoise
04-02-2011, 01:30 AM
At first, I hated all the singing, but 24 hours later, I would say Callie's songs were interesting, but they should have pulled out the songs of the other characters were they were singing instead of talking. Those parts ruined the episode(but not Callie's ones).

pixie cut
04-02-2011, 10:00 PM
Does anyone know what the ratings were?