PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Thread 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23

Jimena
04-01-2011, 02:31 AM
I thought the first number was fabulous. As long as it's clearly in Callie's head, it's OK.

But the rest? Meh.

venja
04-01-2011, 02:42 AM
:lol: I thought Kermit the Frog started singing "How to save a life."

Lacey
04-01-2011, 02:42 AM
Sara Ramirez should do Broadway.

quebecoise
04-01-2011, 02:43 AM
One or two songs would have been ok, but not all the show, that's enough!! It ruins the episode completely...:( I really hate it!!

Jimena
04-01-2011, 02:50 AM
Sara Ramirez should do Broadway.

She won a Tony. It was because of Broadway that she ended on Grey's.

I hope she starts recording something soon. She's got an amazing voice.

HeatherC
04-01-2011, 02:55 AM
I think it really is all in her head so that part doesn't bother me too much. Dang, Sara's voice is amazing. I wish I had seen her on Broadway! :eek:

Allen
04-01-2011, 03:02 AM
I think it really is all in her head so that part doesn't bother me too much. Dang, Sara's voice is amazing. I wish I had seen her on Broadway! :eek:

She was amazing. She definitely stole Spamalot! I think deserved that Tony.

Jimena
04-01-2011, 03:03 AM
Yeah, it's just that some of the "in her head" parts were better at being in her head than others. Some were kind of a stretch.

ArtisticFan
04-01-2011, 03:22 AM
I was very impressed at the singing talent. Even those who were no where close to Sara's abilities were brave to try and did a great or even passable job at it. As stand alone covers of the songs, they were great and I enjoyed the music.

However, the musical aspect took me out of what could have been a very emotional show. I was too busy watching and listening to the singing to appreciate the actual storyline. Having been disappointed by how the show has handled the emotions of certain characters in the past, I guess I should be happy that I didn't have to watch that being botched too. But all in all, the music (while lovely) distracted me from the reason I watch the show.

kimkom
04-01-2011, 03:26 AM
Sara singing "The Story" at the end was amazing! When she was shaking the bed trying to wake herself up, so to speak, I started bawling!

The songs are all on iTunes now.

HeatherC
04-01-2011, 03:30 AM
I was very impressed at the singing talent. Even those who were no where close to Sara's abilities were brave to try and did a great or even passable job at it. As stand alone covers of the songs, they were great and I enjoyed the music.

However, the musical aspect took me out of what could have been a very emotional show. I was too busy watching and listening to the singing to appreciate the actual storyline. Having been disappointed by how the show has handled the emotions of certain characters in the past, I guess I should be happy that I didn't have to watch that being botched too. But all in all, the music (while lovely) distracted me from the reason I watch the show.

This is how I feel too and you were able to put it into words much better than me! I felt like the show was powerful enough that we didn't really need to see the actors singing that much and that the music would have been better being the background with maybe one or two songs by Sara. I will probably watch this episode again just to catch what I missed the first time.

Satellitegirl
04-01-2011, 03:41 AM
It didn't hurt the storyline for me at all...I really enjoyed the episode. Sara's singing was awesome, and I loved the Brandi Carlile song they had her sing at the end. Great performance.

I was sobbing when they delivered the baby...thinking of how some women have to deal with giving birth to babies who might not make it...or who are stillborn. Heartbreaking.

Jimena
04-01-2011, 03:49 AM
I cried when Callie started freaking out when Owen first started singing. And then with The Story at the end. Those were the two standouts for me.

Could've lived without any of the other songs.

I'll be disappointed if there are no health repercussions for Callie after the brain injury even though I love Callie as a character as she is.

Sparks
04-01-2011, 04:07 AM
How did I know it would be criticized? I thought the entire episode was good. I still love Callie, Owen, and Bailey. Yang will always rock, imo.
Its just a television show...I was entertained and moved.

Capella
04-01-2011, 04:28 AM
I would have loved this episode a zillion times more if there was no singing. I found it annoying and distracting and diluted the tension of what could have been a really powerful episode. The songs were well done (esp. Sara's) but I just really hated them competing with the dialogue. The scene that made me cry the most was Mer and Der in the elevator, and I think that's in no small part to the fact that I could pay attention to what the characters were doing and saying!!! :mad: I hope whoever did the closed captioning got a bonus check for this week's episode!