PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Thread 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23

smurfy
03-29-2011, 12:43 AM
Have Alex Kingston's episodes of PP aired yet? I don't actually watch PP but I'm willing to watch for her.

This pas week Alex k appeared Love interest for Sheldon

musicgurl
03-29-2011, 01:33 AM
She started last week.

This pas week Alex k appeared Love interest for Sheldon

Cool, thanks:).

HeatherC
03-29-2011, 03:50 AM
OK, I'll be the weirdo and post something totally out there. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the musical ep this week (Sara's voice is amazing) and I am a BIG fan of Private Practice so I want Kate Walsh to stay there. Flog me and throw me in the river now, LOL :lol: :rofl: :P

victoriajh
03-29-2011, 06:43 AM
OK, I'll be the weirdo and post something totally out there. I'm actually looking forward to seeing the musical ep this week (Sara's voice is amazing) and I am a BIG fan of Private Practice so I want Kate Walsh to stay there. Flog me and throw me in the river now, LOL :lol: :rofl: :P

i love private practice too-i want addie to stay too!!!i was sad that she was mot preggo last week!! ( i dont know how to do spoiler tags!!!!)

*Jen*
03-29-2011, 09:01 AM
Somewhat OT and apologies if this has been discussed before but ... has it ever been explained how Thatcher left Meredith & Ellis when Meredith was about 5, started a new family, had a daughter who is older than Lexie, then had Lexie ... but Lexie is still only 1 year behind Meredith??

Ellen Pompeo certainly looks a lot older than Chyler Leigh, but they should be only 1 year apart, no? Unless Meredith took some extended break in her studies, but I don't recall that ever being mentioned.

Mer did not go straight to med school. There have been references to her traveling around Europe and not being sure what she wanted to do.

I could be making it up, but I think Lexie also skipped a grade somewhere. Lexie is super smart with a photographic memory and was an intern when she was about 23. Mer didn't go to med school - she bummed around, travelled through Europe, got fired from a few jobs and then only went to med school when her mother got sick.

There was reference way back in series 1 to Mer not doing much for a while and being off the rails (the reason she had sympathy for Alex) but the timeline is still sketchy :shuffle:

pixie cut
03-29-2011, 01:45 PM
There was reference way back in series 1 to Mer not doing much for a while and being off the rails (the reason she had sympathy for Alex) but the timeline is still sketchy :shuffle:

The timeline has changed several times over the course of the series. I believe the current thought is that Lexie is 27 (didn't she say that in the episode where her father was dating the much younger woman) and Meredith is about five years older.

Theatregirl1122
03-29-2011, 02:56 PM
i love private practice too-i want addie to stay too!!!i was sad that she was mot preggo last week!! ( i dont know how to do spoiler tags!!!!)

[ spoiler] [/spoiler] (remove the space). But you don't need spoiler tags for anything that has already aired on TV.

Artemis@BC
03-29-2011, 05:09 PM
There was reference way back in series 1 to Mer not doing much for a while and being off the rails (the reason she had sympathy for Alex) but the timeline is still sketchy.

Ok, thought it was probably something like that, thanks. I do have the first 2 seasons on DVD, one day I'll go back and watch them.

As for the timeline being sketchy, well, there is also that irritating little issue about every year in real life taking at least 2 seasons on the show ...

Latte
03-29-2011, 06:16 PM
I think Grey's jumped the shark back and forth a few times. I can recall a few instances:

- Cutting the L-VAD wire
- George and Izzie falling in love
- Dead Denny sex

And I've managed to keep on watching! So yeah, the musical episode is a minor blip. Plus I love me some Sara Ramirez singing.

OH! How could I have forgotten!
Yeah, those were pretty sharkie.:eek:

Veronika
03-29-2011, 06:21 PM
My jump the shark moment for Grey's was Meredith dying for a few hours and not having any sort of brain damage when she was brought back to life. :rolleyes:

But I still watch, I'm a forgiving person! ;)

*Jen*
03-29-2011, 09:05 PM
George and Izzie was the major shark moment for me. But yeah, Meredith's 'death', Izzie not being fired or imprisoned about the l-vad wire thing and any storyline with Izzie thereafter (dead Denny, reviving the deer, being generally ridiculous and hard to watch). The show had a rebirth for me when Izzie left, which is a shame because she was fantastic in the first series.

LisaS
04-01-2011, 02:14 AM
What is everyone thinking of the musical episode so far???

rjblue
04-01-2011, 02:19 AM
Not enough of Callie singing.

HeatherC
04-01-2011, 02:20 AM
Sara can seriously sing on every single episode for the rest of the year and I'd be fine with it. No wonder she won a Tony! Wow. She's fabulous. :cheer:

The episode itself isn't too bad but it is kind of odd seeing the actors singing from time to time. Music has always been a part of this show so that's not odd but the actual singing is different.

hirshey girl
04-01-2011, 02:23 AM
What is everyone thinking of the musical episode so far???

I am actually enjoying it so far. I had no idea that Sara Ramirez could sing until I read about her Broadway background. I'm not changing the channel yet. :lol: