PDA

View Full Version : Grey's Anatomy Thread 2010-2011

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23

Theatregirl1122
03-27-2011, 04:33 PM
I think some people are just a little to quick to call jumping the shark.

sk8pics
03-27-2011, 06:51 PM
But that is the way she speaks. She's from England originally, and her parents were from Greece, so I imagine she spoke that throughout her life, contributing to her accent.

Yes, and I remember her saying in an interview that for TNG they told her she couldn't use her British accent because they already had a British actor in the crew. Her real speech doesn't sound like she does on TNG or on this week's Grey's Anatomy. She sounds much more English than that.

Veronika
03-28-2011, 07:38 PM
I hate the fact that every time that people get into a car on a soap opera (okay, "nighttime drama"), they get into an accident. I didn't know any of the spoilers, but as soon as C&A were driving somewhere, I knew they were going to get into an accident.

I'm loving the show this season, but I can't help but wonder...can't a main cast member in this show have a live, healthy baby? Both Christina and Meredith had miscarriages.

pixie cut
03-28-2011, 07:48 PM
I'm loving the show this season, but I can't help but wonder...can't a main cast member in this show have a live, healthy baby? Both Christina and Meredith had miscarriages.

Cristina didn't have a miscarriage. She had an ectopic pregnancy that caused her fallopian tube to rupture.

Andora
03-28-2011, 07:50 PM
I wasn't a Buffy watcher, and I'm not really a fan of musicals, so this Greys music episode will be one I won't actually mind missing. :shuffle: It just doesn't strike me as the kind of show where a musical episode fits, but that's just me.

I agree. Considering how television these days consists of huge twists and turns, jumping the shark seems to be the norm. And even more common than sweeps week. :P

Veronika
03-28-2011, 08:03 PM
Cristina didn't have a miscarriage. She had an ectopic pregnancy that caused her fallopian tube to rupture.

Okay...but she still didn't have a healthy baby. That was my point.

jollibee
03-28-2011, 09:16 PM

So true! I'm an early jumper. For me, the show jumped the shark way, way back in season 1or2 when Meredith slept with George one night. I just could not picture those two as more than best friends.

But I'm liking the show lately.

Artemis@BC
03-28-2011, 09:24 PM

Well, that wouldn't really fit the show or offer much drama now, would it? :cool:

BTW, a small part of me is glad about the car accident. I can't tell you how many times I've seen TV shows / movies where two characters are in a car, and the driver spends more time looking at the passenger than at the road ... and they never crash. At least this is somewhat realistic.

I'm assuming Addison will swoop in next week to (try to) save the baby? I don't mind when she shows up -- just so long as they don't do a full crossover and force me to watch Private Practice.

*Jen*
03-28-2011, 09:43 PM

How else can we bring Addie back? :drama:

Jimena
03-28-2011, 11:34 PM

Agree. Which is why I mentioned oh so many moments that have been just absolutely terrible (IMHO), and yet the show has managed to overcome them.

Katherine Heigl leaving the show made it much easier for me to get over them...:shuffle:

I saw a little preview of Sara Ramirez singing Chasing Cars and I got excited. She has a great voice.

I'm not convinced, though, that a musical episode fits the show.

pixie cut
03-28-2011, 11:44 PM
How else can we bring Addie back? :drama:

After the last few episodes of Private Practice Kate Walsh should just squat on the Grey's set until she officially returns to Seattle.

Artemis@BC
03-29-2011, 12:21 AM
Somewhat OT and apologies if this has been discussed before but ... has it ever been explained how Thatcher left Meredith & Ellis when Meredith was about 5, started a new family, had a daughter who is older than Lexie, then had Lexie ... but Lexie is still only 1 year behind Meredith??

Ellen Pompeo certainly looks a lot older than Chyler Leigh, but they should be only 1 year apart, no? Unless Meredith took some extended break in her studies, but I don't recall that ever being mentioned.

musicgurl
03-29-2011, 12:23 AM
After the last few episodes of Private Practice Kate Walsh should just squat on the Grey's set until she officially returns to Seattle.

Have Alex Kingston's episodes of PP aired yet? I don't actually watch PP but I'm willing to watch for her.

smurfy
03-29-2011, 12:42 AM
Somewhat OT and apologies if this has been discussed before but ... has it ever been explained how Thatcher left Meredith & Ellis when Meredith was about 5, started a new family, had a daughter who is older than Lexie, then had Lexie ... but Lexie is still only 1 year behind Meredith??

Ellen Pompeo certainly looks a lot older than Chyler Leigh, but they should be only 1 year apart, no? Unless Meredith took some extended break in her studies, but I don't recall that ever being mentioned.

Mer did not go straight to med school. There have been references to her traveling around Europe and not being sure what she wanted to do.

pixie cut
03-29-2011, 12:43 AM
Have Alex Kingston's episodes of PP aired yet? I don't actually watch PP but I'm willing to watch for her.

She started last week.