PDA

View Full Version : But, It Was For My Mommy!" (Top Chef: Just Desserts)

Pages : 1 [2] 3

meggonzo
10-16-2010, 01:47 AM
Looks are one thing, but were you actually there to taste anything? Zac may have had more interesting flavors on paper, but Morgan may have had better texture and pulled off his flavors better.

yes, didn't Johnny say that one of Zac's ended up being kind of grainy?

dbell1
10-16-2010, 02:53 AM
I was really looking forward to this show, but it's been too much :drama: and not enough baking. I gave up on it with the glee/cheer stuff. The lady who quit will probably turn out to be the real winner, she left the nuthouse.

LordCirque
10-18-2010, 12:34 AM
Rewatching the episode. Yeah, Zac's ganache was a little grainy according to JI. My guess would be his chocolate didn't properly temper properly (it's a bit of a process to do, and not the easiest thing, for the most part, you just have to kind of guess if it is actually tempered or not. There are a few tells, but even then they aren't always full proof). It is noticeable in the final product if it did or did not temper though.

Prancer
10-18-2010, 12:38 AM
Mrs. Reuven tutored Zac for his bar mitzvah.

That must have been fun. Zac always has that little twinkle in his eye :).

Matryeshka
11-18-2010, 03:03 AM
Who will win? Yigit, possibly the only likeable character on the show? Manly manliest of manly men Morganza? Or, will the winner be, it came from planet Danielle!

Odds on Morgan and Zac shagging sometime after the end of the show, or Morgan trying to shag Zac and Zac running away begging Yigit to protect him from the big butchy man?

BigB08822
11-18-2010, 07:20 AM
Did this air yet? I would put my money on Morgan. I think Yigit chokes in the elimination challenges but has been lucky to somehow keep slipping by. Danielle has been awful and is such a b*tch most of the time. Morgan kind of wins by default. I think he is a little off putting at times but he seems like a nice enough guy and I think he is probably the most talented of those three.

Matryeshka
11-18-2010, 01:15 PM
It aired.

Yigit WINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In fact, based on the comments, I don't even think Morganza was in the running for the top spot. His only out-of-this world dessert was the kuchembaum thingy, but I noticed they talked more about technique regarding that dessert than the taste. It was kind of surprising/shocking though about one thing--if this episode had been the only one I'd seen the entire season, I'd be wuzrobbing for Danielle, but if you consider the run of the entire season, I think Yigit was the right winner. It was like skating. Morganza had teknik, Danilelle had the voids, but Yigit was the best all-around.

DubbalinGirl
11-20-2010, 07:58 PM
I'm pleased with the outcome, as I liked the winner from the beginning. I tend to doubt this will be back for a second season though. I think I was the only one in the northeast watching it! And even I thought it was a bit too overdramatic!

millyskate
11-20-2010, 09:14 PM
I enjoyed the series, but wasn't a big fan of Yigit. He obviously ruled the final, though.

emason
11-21-2010, 01:07 AM
I enjoyed the series, but wasn't a big fan of Yigit. He obviously ruled the final, though.

Another non-fan here. I found him thoroughly unlikeable and was hoping someone else would win.

Allen
11-21-2010, 01:41 AM
l liked Yigit fine and was glad he won. I don't think Danielle did well throughout the season, but I would have been okay if she won based on the final. I just flat out did not want Morgan to win. Usually, I just want the person that wins to do the best job, but I just wanted him to do a bad job. When he called Zac a fairy, I was done.

LordCirque
11-21-2010, 02:29 AM
Yigit was unlikeable???? :huh:

Nomad
11-21-2010, 03:35 AM
Yiğit struck me as a kind of tough, no-nonsense competitor, but outside the kitchen he seemed like a nice enough guy. Morgan on the other hand...what a jerk.

BigB08822
11-21-2010, 04:49 AM
They need to try a bit harder at casting likable people next season. They also should work on not casting so many walking Prozak advertisements. If it even comes back, that is.

DubbalinGirl
11-21-2010, 06:36 PM
They need to try a bit harder at casting likable people next season. They also should work on not casting so many walking Prozak advertisements. If it even comes back, that is.

Unfortunately I think a lot of these shows pull in ratings with "unlikeable"...as much as I usually hate the unlikeable characters, I will admit the shows can get dreadfully boring once they're voted off/cooked off/booted/eliminated/last to the bathmat.