PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Season 10 - New Menagerie

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

BigB08822
09-26-2010, 06:52 PM
I don't think it is being "complete clueless/naive or entitled" if you are unaware of how things work in the music industry. How many people have a clue what really goes on before being thrown into such a thing? I know we have more of an idea but even we would probably be shocked by quite a few things if we stepped inside. This is a woman who said she didn't even know much about Idol, so I don't think she was worried too much about any of this business but just was focused on raising her kid and making music. She will have a lot to learn but not because she is clueless, naive or entitled. IMO.

PeterG
09-26-2010, 10:53 PM
It's interesting how people say that American Idol is "so over", yet here we are on page two of this thread for a show which will not even begin for almost four months... :lol:

PrincessLeppard
09-27-2010, 01:33 AM
David Cook sucked me in. Adam Lambert did the same.

But if they have another repeat of last season, where I think I voted exactly once but I honestly didn't care, I don't think it's going to continue much longer. But what the hell do I know? :)

Allskate
09-27-2010, 01:42 AM
Everyone's frustrated with the politics at their jobs. Is that kind of thing new to her?

I don't think she said it was new. Most people I know get frustrated by job politics and vent.

When it comes to music industry specifically, even big accomplished stars have had problems with their record studios. And people on Idol especially.

And we know that because they, like Crystal, have mentioned these problems publicly. Kris, Taylor, and Kelly all have said things publicly. Kelly just tweeted this weekend and it was obvious that she and her label are disagreeing again.

I just saw Sara Bareilles in concert -- so good! -- and realized that she wrote both of her two biggest singles in response to her frustration with her label. So, maybe Crystal's frustration with Jive will inspire her to write a really good song. :lol:

Record companies are not out there to make "art", they are out there to make money.

Those two things are not mutually exclusive. I think the frustrating thing with Crystal is that she probably could make a label more money doing the type of thing she wants to do than doing the Jive pop. Lee debuted his favorite new song the other day. It's pretty similar to the genre Crystal wants to do. Only she does it better. So, I can totally understand her frustration. This isn't about choosing between art and money. It's about have the smarts and competence to take advantage of Crystal's artistic talents to make money.

She's either completely clueless/naive or entitled.

Or just very frustrated. If I were going to be away from my kid to promote an album around the country, I'd want it to be music I liked. She may have been clueless about Jive. Maybe she thought that 19 wouldn't sign her to a label like Jive and have her do pop songs. Maybe she hadn't heard Allison's "Robot Love." :lol: (I read that, after Jive dropped her, Allison added a little bit to a concert performance of Scars -- Do you know how hard I tried to become what you want me to be -- Jive.)

orbitz
09-27-2010, 01:45 AM
It's interesting how people say that American Idol is "so over", yet here we are on page two of this thread for a show which will not even begin for almost four months... :lol:

It's only the TV ratings that matter though. As far as I know, how many pages a TV show thread has on FSU doesn't translate in TV Neilson points ;)

cailuj365
09-28-2010, 02:12 PM
David Archuleta's CD (http://music.aol.com/new-releases-full-cds/#/1) is up for preview on AOL Music. I got about four tracks in when I stopped. I don't really like it. :/

cailuj365
09-30-2010, 09:40 PM
Adam's next single in Finland isn't Fever, Sleepwalker, or Music Again.

It's Aftermath. O_O It's doing well though, I think.

PeterG
10-01-2010, 12:11 AM
Adam's next single in Finland isn't Fever, Sleepwalker, or Music Again.

It's Aftermath. O_O It's doing well though, I think.

Good to hear. Adam's career success in Finland weighs heavily on me as well... :P

BigB08822
10-01-2010, 02:03 AM
I absolutely love Aftermath because of its message. I didn't care that it had the production and sound of a Daughtry reject but the lyrics are really touching for me, as a gay man.

cailuj365
10-01-2010, 02:21 AM
I don't like the melody of the chorus, but I like the acoustic version a lot. I would never have considered it to be a single though.

BigB08822
10-01-2010, 02:25 AM
Perez Hilton has been doing a "It Gets Better" campaign aimed at gay youth. I sent him the lyrics and a youtube link to "Aftermath" because it fits PERFECTLY with the message he and other celebrities are trying to send. Maybe he will post it or use it in one of his videos.

cailuj365
10-01-2010, 02:29 AM
Perez Hilton has been doing a "It Gets Better" campaign aimed at gay youth. I sent him the lyrics and a youtube link to "Aftermath" because it fits PERFECTLY with the message he and other celebrities are trying to send. Maybe he will post it or use it in one of his videos.

I think Adam singing "Aftermath" for a "It Gets Better" video would be perfect.

WindSpirit
10-01-2010, 03:30 AM
Perez Hilton has been doing a "It Gets Better" campaign aimed at gay youth. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: What does he say, "Oh it does get better when you become a bully yourself and mock, ridicule and force other people out the closet, and get rich while doing so." What a disgusting hypocrite.

BigB08822
10-01-2010, 03:48 AM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: What does he say, "Oh it does get better when you become a bully yourself and mock, ridicule and force other people out the closet, and get rich while doing so." What a disgusting hypocrite.

Very good point. I hate him myself but the intention is good and anything to have more people hear Adam's music!

Wow, I never thought about how much he tries to out people and essentially IS the bully. Amazing. I mean, I have noticed this before but never thought about how much it contradicts his new "It Gets Better" campaign. I wish someone had a blog dedicated to showing him for who he really is. Hmmm, should we start one? lol

Allskate
10-01-2010, 05:16 PM
So, it looks like Crystal has reached a compromise with Jive. She'll probably be releasing her album in mid-December instead of the end of November (like Jive wanted) or the spring (like she wanted). And, all but three of the songs are going to be ones that she wrote or co-wrote.

http://www.ontheredcarpet.com/2010/09/crystal-bowersox-to-release-album-in-december.html