PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Season 10 - New Menagerie

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27

BigB08822
01-01-2011, 07:08 PM
For me, it all comes down to the talent. I appreciate the changes and their attempt but if they cast a bunch of less talented people because they have better back stories then the show will still suck. YMMV.

Allskate
01-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Well, it can't be worse than last season.

Can it?

Well, it can be worse, but let's hope it won't be.

I'm hoping this new musical director has different tastes than Rickey Minor. He seemed to be really into belting and some rather bombastic arrangements.

The new judges will bring a new dynamic. Let's hope it's a good one.

I'm wary about what Nigle Lythgoe is going to bring to the show.

Any word about single release dates for Cook and Kelly. I assume they will be on results shows this season to perform.

I wonder if Lee and Crystal are going to be invited back to perform or if Idol is going to try to pretend last season didn't happen. Lee's sales aren't going well. Crystal's have been a little better, but she hasn't even officially released a single yet so I'm guessing her sales are about to plummet. Does Idol really want to start the season with Lee and Crystal as guests? Maybe they can have Kelly on to perform her country duet.

PeterG
01-01-2011, 11:45 PM
Well, it can't be worse than last season.

Can it?

Last season resulted in Crystal Bowersox's. Which makes last season one SMASHING success, IMHO. :)

my little pony
01-01-2011, 11:48 PM
this season should start with Pam Ewing finding Bobby in the shower

PrincessLeppard
01-02-2011, 02:08 AM
Last season resulted in Crystal Bowersox's. Which makes last season one SMASHING success, IMHO. :)

She's talented, but her music is not my cup of tea at all. She still should've won, though.

Kruss
01-02-2011, 03:48 AM
No dates yet for David Cook's new CD, but it's still listed as being first quarter of 2011.

Allskate
01-02-2011, 05:45 AM

I think she's incredibly talented, but I still think that there were major problems with last season. And not just because Crystal lost. There was the ridiculous pimping of the boring paint store salesman. There was too much emphasis on certain backstories. There was the lack of sufficient variety in the contestants. There was some of the more interesting contestants being voted off early. There were poor themes and song choices. There was the obnoxious Kara, the bored Simon, and the awkward Ellen.

taf2002
01-02-2011, 03:09 PM
I think she's incredibly talented, but I still think that there were major problems with last season. And not just because Crystal lost. There was the ridiculous pimping of the boring paint store salesman. There was too much emphasis on certain backstories. There was the lack of sufficient variety in the contestants. There was some of the more interesting contestants being voted off early. There were poor themes and song choices. There was the obnoxious Kara, the bored Simon, and the awkward Ellen.

It was not AI's fault that some of the more interesting contestants as you call them were voted off early. Well, other than their skewed voting system. I have high hopes for the new season, but not if they haven't done anything to fix the voting problem. If they haven't it will still be a popularity contest where the contestant with the youngest fans who are willing to power vote for hours will win.

ETA: that said, I will never understand what there was about the boring paint saleman that inspired the 'tweens.

PeterG
01-02-2011, 06:23 PM
ETA: that said, I will never understand what there was about the boring paint saleman that inspired the 'tweens.

My guess is that the voters are female who have some sort of crush, so they vote for the male contestant (perhaps regardless to some extent of who the male contestant might be) over the female. Unless of course the female is extremely talented (and not too threatening). I don't think male voters power-vote like female voters do.

Allskate
01-02-2011, 06:46 PM
It was not AI's fault that some of the more interesting contestants as you call them were voted off early.

I think the tweens were voting for Tim Urban. Idol's audience tends to scew older, though, and I think a lot of the audience voted for the person they perceived to be as the poor, humble pain salesman who the judges claimed was so talented, but lacking in confidence.

I don't think Idol is entirely to blame for losing some of the more interesting contestants earlier, but I think theyr are partly to blame. The judges were not promoting them, and at times were slamming them. Instead, they were busy promoting the paint salesman and we heard a gazillion times about Mike's new baby and Katie's grandmother. Also, they have to have more variety or votesplitting takes place early on, especially among those that didn't get much attention and hype early on.

BigB08822
01-02-2011, 06:56 PM
No word on a single release for Kelly as of yet. Still waiting for RCA to sort out their mess before picking dates. I do know that Britney Spears has a single coming out this month (probably within a week) and Gaga's single comes out February 13th (album out in May). That might give you an idea of how they will fit Kelly in. So I am guessing a April or May single release and a June/July album release. Just a pure guess. I do expect Kelly and Jason will do their single on Idol with Kelly doing her single right around the time of the finale.

BigB08822
01-02-2011, 11:08 PM
For anyone who wants to start spoiling themselves on the top 40.

http://www.joesplaceblog.com/

Kruss
01-03-2011, 06:34 PM
Another album teaser video from David Cook (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6ydTZcijL0&sns=tw). Complete with nerdy glasses. :lol:

Allskate
01-04-2011, 03:56 AM
Another album teaser video from David Cook (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6ydTZcijL0&sns=tw). Complete with nerdy glasses. :lol:

That is a tease! Too little, too short! But, I guess this is a good sign that there will be at least a single fairly soon.

Crystal's "Farmer's Daughter" goes for adds next week. I wonder how that will go. Her video is on the VH2 web site, but I haven't heard of any plans for her to be on the show: http://www.vh1.com/shows/series/top_20_countdown/vote.jhtml

She's topped the 100k mark with sales, but without radio play or tv exposure, I think she's likely to stall.

cailuj365
01-08-2011, 05:47 AM
Adam's WWFM is on the 2011 Grammy Nominees CD (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B004C5M29Q/ref=dp_image_0?ie=UTF8&n=5174&s=music). They usually don't pick the male pop vocal category to have on the CD, so I was pleasantly surprised.

Farmer's Daughter goes for adds in which format? AAA?