PDA

View Full Version : American Idol - Season 10 - New Menagerie

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

BigB08822
11-11-2010, 02:30 AM
Kelly Clarkson and Jason Aldean performing their duet in minutes on ABC!!

Allskate
11-11-2010, 02:41 AM
I can't be bothered to watch. Can you sum it up for me?

Please don't make me watch an interview with Lee.....

Sum up the interview? Basically he talked about the songs on the album. His discussion of the songwriting is interspersed with a lot of "ya knows" and "likes"and "I means." He still rambles. He just never seems comfortable or focused when he's speaking. Part of the problem with his interviews is the tone and visuals. He sometimes just seems like he's not that thrilled to be there. IMO, he responded kind of poorly to Lindsey's question about whether he has been in contact with Crystal with his "nope" and then rambling about there being a bunch of different people with different personalities and musical tastes being put together and then people get to go their own way. He just didn't express himself very well. I think it's a good thing he has co-writers. :lol:

cailuj, the press release made no mention of a single. And Crystal said a few days ago that the single was up in the air. David Bendeth said that he put the tracks in order. It may be that, since there was one producer, Jive wasn't very involved in putting together the song order. I'd like to believe that RWTR being first that it's going to be the single, but I doubt that.

cailuj365
11-11-2010, 03:12 AM
Oh, I forgot to mention that Lee and his guitarist should switch places. His guitarist is super cute. :D If guitarist guy can sing, he should be a front man.

Allskate
11-13-2010, 05:31 PM
So, the final explicit version of the Farmer's Daughter track is up on Crystal's myspace page: http://www.myspace.com/crystalbowersox/music/songs/farmer-39-s-daughter-76628443

I still prefer the original version and would like the background singing gone, but this is much better than the Hit Predictor mix.

What's odd is that Hold On is not on her myspace page and VH1 still has not posted Crystal's performance of that song. So, I started wondering if FD is was going to be the single.

Then Crystal tweeted that she's going to be doing a video soon for Farmer's Daughter. She could have been referring to the album title, but the person had asked her if there was going to be a video for Hold On or for Farmer's Daughter and Crystal responded: "video for farmers daughter coming soon!!!! Yay!!""

So, maybe FD is really going to be the single. I thought Hold On was a terrible choice, but this is a huge swerve to a different target market, and a song about child abuse is not what most people would pick as a single. We'll see. But, I think that there are better options on the album.

Also, Crystal is going to be doing one of those radio holiday concerts -- for a AAA station in San Diego.

cailuj365
11-13-2010, 06:20 PM
Aww, yay, I love Farmer's Daughter! But yeah, I much prefer the original version. It's so much more raw and let the lyrics really shine through. This version is still too upbeat-sounding, especially in the chorus. However, for those who haven't listened to the original version, I doubt it will matter.

Allskate
11-14-2010, 06:51 PM
It's still not clear that they've switched to Farmer's Daughter as the single. Jive's web site says "Hold On" is the single. But, they hadn't released a version of Crystal singing it until an Ohio radio station played it this morning. Then to confuse things even more, that same radio station played Farmer's Daughter. :lol: Maybe they're still trying to decide. While they're considering it, I wish they'd consider other songs from the CD.

cailuj365
11-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Heck yes, Adam's acoustic EP is coming out on December 6. I love the cover art (http://www.rcamusicgroup.com/news/adam-lambert-announces-plans-release-acoustic-live-5-song-ep-december-6th). Very retro-hippie-patriotic. Whyyyy couldn't something like this have been the cover for his debut LP? :lol:

Tracks on the EP: Whataya Want From Me, Music Again, Aftermath, Soaked, Mad World

Allskate
11-16-2010, 10:03 PM
Heck yes, Adam's acoustic EP is coming out on December 6. I love the cover art (http://www.rcamusicgroup.com/news/adam-lambert-announces-plans-release-acoustic-live-5-song-ep-december-6th). Very retro-hippie-patriotic. Whyyyy couldn't something like this have been the cover for his debut LP? :lol:

Tracks on the EP: Whataya Want From Me, Music Again, Aftermath, Soaked, Mad World

I'm really looking forward to this, especially since I haven't heard most of these performed acoustically. I think I'll really like them. I'm especially interested to hear Soaked. I really like the stripped down performances that Lady GaGa does.

Speaking of live and acoustic, Crystal did an acoustic show at a radio event this weekend. She took a page out of Kris Allen's playbook. She performed six songs -- none of which were "Hold On." :lol:

She also performed live at KFOG yesterday. That's a big get. KFOG is not only a popular AAA station, but also tends to use its recorded live performances in a number of ways that are great for the artist, especially their Sunday acoustic radio shows. Most singer/songwriters would kill to get played on Acoustic Sunrise. It's almost instant credibility. If Crystal could get a live acoustic version of FD played on that show, it would be great for her.

Lee's album drops today. Any predictions on sales numbers?

cailuj365
11-16-2010, 10:33 PM
"Hold On" isn't a coronation song though, so it's not exactly the same. It's still going to be on her album though, right? No Boundaries was dropped from Kris' album entirely. Oh, and I saw a picture of Crystal's album cover again, and it looks like they inserted in the apostrophe? Haha, did people complain about it?

Wow, I almost forgot about Lee's album. I know it's been streaming for awhile, but I haven't listened to it. It's #12 right now on iTunes. I think that's lower than Archie's first day, and Archie only sold 24k the first week. I'm gonna go with...25k. :X Lol, that might be a little low, but I don't have high expectations for him.

PrincessLeppard
11-17-2010, 12:12 AM
Damn. Adam's in Stuttgart tonight. The only concert I saw when I lived in Stuttgart was Boyzone. :shuffle:

Very excited about the acoustic EP. I loved the acoustic Mad World he did in his concerts.

BigB08822
11-17-2010, 01:39 AM
I really liked the acoustic version of "Aftermath" that Adam did at the concert I attended. The ONE thing I don't like about that song was the production on it. Turning it into an acoustic number just perfected it.

Allskate
11-17-2010, 03:48 AM
"Hold On" isn't a coronation song though, so it's not exactly the same. It's still going to be on her album though, right? No Boundaries was dropped from Kris' album entirely.

I wasn't thinking of No Boundaries. I was thinking of The Truth. Kris was not happy that it was chosen as the single. And that became even more clear when he wasn't playing it on tour. It's similar with Crystal. Jive says Hold On is the single, but she's not performing it. (Jive's web site still says that Hold On is the single, but Crystal seems to be operating as if it were not.) I realize that the AAA radio opportunies might have come from Crystal (and Franti) rather than Jive, but now that they have them, why not use them. Hold On would kill that avenue.

Oh, and I saw a picture of Crystal's album cover again, and it looks like they inserted in the apostrophe? Haha, did people complain about it?

I don't know if that's why they corrected the mistake, but people definitely pointed it out. I think people were even pointing it out to David Bendeth and Brian. They both had snarky tweets about apostrophes. Though that was the least of it for Bendeth, who got an earful of angry tweets after people heard that crappy FD mix on Hit Predictor.

Wow, I almost forgot about Lee's album. I know it's been streaming for awhile, but I haven't listened to it. It's #12 right now on iTunes. I think that's lower than Archie's first day, and Archie only sold 24k the first week. I'm gonna go with...25k. :X Lol, that might be a little low, but I don't have high expectations for him.

Was Archie's competition as strong? I think that Lee will do better. He's definitely getting better promotion -- Leno, The Today Show, Regis & Kelly, a music video, etc. Plus, the CD is on sale for a great price at Best Buy and Amazon. So, I think he definitely could do 40-50k this week, which is still pretty low. Sadly, I think that Crystal could do even worse, especially if she does not get good promotion.

cailuj365
11-17-2010, 08:00 PM
Oh, I didn't know Kris was no longer singing "The Truth." Huh, he must really not like that song.

I really have no idea about Lee, haha. I was just guessing. I still maintain though that anything over 50k would be great for him. His single is seriously getting into my head. Ahhh...

ETA: Hits Daily Double predicts 40-45k for Lee based on first-day sales.

Allskate
11-17-2010, 09:00 PM
ETA: Hits Daily Double predicts 40-45k for Lee based on first-day sales.

Oh, my. I know that's what I predicted, but that is low. I hate to think of what Crystal's numbers will be. I do think that FD is a better choice for a single than Hold On, but I just can't see FD getting much play beyond AAA radio. One of the DJs at the Napa radio event said that Crystal's performance of FD made her and others cry and she got a standing ovation. But, it doesn't matter what even the radio DJs or PDs think if the song doesn't fit their format.

I still think Riding With the Radio would be a better choice for a single if the studio arrangement is right. It would not only work for AAA, but also a lot of HAC stations, too. And she got a great response from the crowd (which was not a crowd of Crystal fans) in Napa:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUmTWuGZltw

Kruss
11-18-2010, 05:04 AM
Check out Uncle Nigel's revamp for the 10th season. (http://www.ainow.org/index.php/top-stories/3941-nigel-lythgoe-reveals-season-10-changes)

I have no words. Well, I have plenty, actually. :mad: