PDA

View Full Version : UniSports announces GP Series Coverage

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10

John 3 17
11-01-2010, 08:26 AM
Something creepy today I noticed: the US re-broadcast of the HD NBC show from this afternoon, was on TAPE, not FILM. Made it look like 1970s archival footage or a Bud Greenspan "16 Days of Glory" documentary. The gymnastics repeats this week also are TAPE. (even though the original and initial repeats were FILM).

I hate tape!

-Bridget

PS Did today's FD LIVE coverage go overtime? I decided to record the repeat instead because of the NBC afternoon coverage (I wouldn't be home to change discs and I record in SP), forgetting that something might've gotten chacked :confused: TIA.

moebius
11-02-2010, 01:44 AM
PS Did today's FD LIVE coverage go overtime? I decided to record the repeat instead because of the NBC afternoon coverage (I wouldn't be home to change discs and I record in SP), forgetting that something might've gotten chacked :confused: TIA.

Nope

HisWeirness
11-05-2010, 09:39 PM
The broadcast of the short dance and Ladies SP from Cup of China has started on Universal Sports. Dance commentary by Tanith Belbin and Andrea Joyce. They just showed Hoffmann/Zavozin.

ETA
Short Dances shown:
Hoffmann/Zavozin
Ralph/Hill
Bobrova/Soloviev
Hubbells
Faiella/Scali
Pechalat/Bourzat

Ladies SPs shown (Tara Lipinski commentary):
Bingwa Geng
Amanda Dobbs
Joshi Helgesson
Mirai Nagasu
Alena Leonova
Akiko Suzuki
Miki Ando

Wyliefan
11-05-2010, 09:46 PM
Ooh, I just turned it on and heard "Ten Minutes Ago" from R&H's Cinderella! I LOVE that song!! :cheer2:

HSGP21
11-05-2010, 11:04 PM
Do the videos on Universal Sports not work for anyone else right now?? I've never had problems before!

John 3 17
11-05-2010, 11:11 PM
Ugh. Missed the broadcast earlier. I checked my Comcast listings and got "TBA" (as usual, :rolleyes: ), checked Heather W's schedule which is sadly out of date, and didn't bother to check NBC's because last week it was totally wrong on the times for NHK. That'll teach me to check just Universal Sports' website :duh:

Since it wasn't live, I'm thinking that the broadcast didn't go overtime? And that the repeat will not be editted? I hope so, sure didn't mean to miss it :wuzrobbed:

Looking forward to tonight's broadcast, won't miss that!

-Bridget :)

HisWeirness
11-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Here is the universal sports TV and online schedule for Cup of China
http://www.universalsports.com/news/article/newsid=497176.html

And here is the full GP Series viewer's guide:
http://www.universalsports.com/news/article/newsid=496717.html

I try to keep my schedule (in my signature) as up to date as possible.

southernskater
11-06-2010, 01:12 AM
I don't know if this has been answered already, but is Universal Sports going to broadcast US Nationals online too? And Four Contients, Euros, and Worlds? Even if they are paid subscriptions?

HisWeirness
11-06-2010, 01:52 AM
I don't know if this has been answered already, but is Universal Sports going to broadcast US Nationals online too? And Four Contients, Euros, and Worlds? Even if they are paid subscriptions?
The online live coverage of US Nationals will be on icenetwork.com. Icenetwork has the exclusive online live rights to Skate America and US Nationals.

Like in previous seasons, Universal Sports TV (primarily) and NBC should have live TV coverage of most of the senior events at US Nationals.

Universal Sports.com has not made any announcements so far, but I think it is fair to assume at this point that they will provide online live coverage of 2011 Worlds for a subscription fee.

Not sure if Universal Sports.com is going to provide online live subscription feeds for Euros or 4CCs. The only coverage of these two events that was provided last year was a few hours of taped coverage on Universal Sports TV.

HisWeirness
11-12-2010, 01:03 AM
Skate America Coverage

Universal Sports and NBC Sports to Air 14 Hours of LIVE "Skate America" Coverage This Weekend (http://www.sportsfeatures.com/presspoint/pressrelease/51780/universal-sports-and-nbc-sports-to-air-14-hours-of-live-skate-america-coverage-this-weekend)

November 11, 2010: Universal Sports and NBC Sports will highlight 18 U.S figure skaters this weekend, with 14 hours of LIVE television coverage of the 2010 Skate America in Portland, Ore. The event starts tomorrow (Friday) and runs through Sunday, and serves as stage four of six in the ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series. Universal Sports will kick-off the LIVE coverage tomorrow at 10 p.m. ET with the men’s and pairs short program and NBC Sports will wrap up the coverage on Sunday at 4 p.m. ET with the ladies free skate. Calling the action from the Rose Garden Arena for NBC Sports and Universal Sports will be Terry Gannon, Andrea Joyce, Scott Hamilton and Tracy Wilson, with Peter Carruthers joining the Universal Sports broadcasts.

Full TV and Online Schedule (http://www.universalsports.com/news/article/newsid=497177.html)

Universal Sports TV: LIVE TV coverage of all events except for Ladies FS
NBC: LIVE coverage of Ladies FS plus other event highlights on Sunday 4-6pm ET
icenetwork.com: LIVE online coverage of all events except for Ladies FS
universalsports.com: NO online live coverage

LadyNit
11-12-2010, 01:17 AM
Scott Hamilton calling the action. whyyyyyyyyyy? whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

If they don't get Lipinski into that booth for the big events, they are fools.

RD
11-12-2010, 01:49 AM
My guess is that they may want to get her seasoned first by letting her cover the "smaller" events? I think it's a transitional period. I notice Tom Hammond and Sandra Bezic are notably absent...that shows that they are trying to prepare a new broadcast team, perhaps for if they cover the 2014 games.

Frau Muller
11-12-2010, 05:34 PM
Scott Hamilton calling the action........

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! :eek::eek::eek: Drinking Game time, folks! Take a swig every time Scott grunts. We'll be dead-drunk by midnight.

Ah but here's the good news: NO SANDRA BEZIK!!! :respec:

Fergus
11-12-2010, 05:44 PM
Late night/early morn' broadcast (ET) + weekend = potentially booze-soaked PBP. :40beers:

Methinks the Beaded Clutch Brigade will be out in full force Saturday at 10pmish (ET). :biggrinbo

smileyskate
11-13-2010, 01:18 AM
As a reminder Skate Am. is supposed to be on live tonight at 10 EST. Men's & Pair's short programs.