PDA

View Full Version : UniSports announces GP Series Coverage

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10

Amy L
10-25-2010, 08:48 AM
I'm thinking of paying for the Comcast GP coverage online. It'd probably be much easier for me, since I don't have the channel. I figured out that my parents' digital cable has it... but I don't want to visit the folks THAT much! Especially since they hate skating and just look at me and sigh the whole time, as if they couldn't just leave or watch the other three TVs in their house!

Anyways, what I'm asking is if US has archives of the competitions. I don't think I can catch all the competitions live, but is there a way to see all of it later online? Like IceNetwork does, but you know, cheaper!

DORISPULASKI
10-25-2010, 08:54 AM
If you pay, they have archives.

However, if it is like their Olympic coverage, the videos disappear sometimes.

And sometimes they get mislabelled.

Their Worlds 2009 files had the FD kept but the OD missing, for example. Weirdly, when you opened the archive, it was the OD inside and the FD was missing. Go figure.

Lara
10-26-2010, 12:50 AM
I'm thinking of paying for the Comcast GP coverage online. It'd probably be much easier for me, since I don't have the channel. I figured out that my parents' digital cable has it... but I don't want to visit the folks THAT much! Especially since they hate skating and just look at me and sigh the whole time, as if they couldn't just leave or watch the other three TVs in their house!

Wait, Comcast has a GP package of their own? I'm setting up service with them this week since moving back to the Philly area.

Amy L
10-26-2010, 03:20 AM
No, sorry, I just got mixed up! I was talking about Universal Sports only. I had Comcast in my head since they carry that channel on their Digital Cable Package (in Houston they do, anyways).

Alexei'sgirl
10-26-2010, 08:32 PM
Comcast does carry Universal Sports in Philadelphia as well, so you should be able to see all the coverage Lara. :)

HisWeirness
10-28-2010, 08:30 PM
Schedule for Skate Canada TV and Online coverage in the USA
http://www.universalsports.com/news/article/newsid=496721.html

TanithandBenFan
10-29-2010, 08:01 PM
Universalsports.com's online subscription now includes links for the Universal Sports TV coverage (in addition to the commentary-free coverage)! I like to listen to the dance commentary, so this is a surprise treat. :)

Cherub721
10-29-2010, 10:43 PM
I didn't watch any of my recordings today yet... but it looks like they're not showing the pairs SP at all - is that right? :( I know it's a sucky field, but I'd at least like to see a couple.

HisWeirness
10-29-2010, 10:49 PM
I didn't watch any of my recordings today yet... but it looks like they're not showing the pairs SP at all - is that right? :( I know it's a sucky field, but I'd at least like to see a couple.
Frau Muller mentioned that the commentators said during the Ladies SP broadcast that US would show some Pairs SP during the breaks between Men SP and Short Dance tonight since they have a 4-hour (6-10pm) broacasting bloc tonight.

Amy L
10-30-2010, 04:52 AM
Just to let you know for the rebroadcasts, UniSports showed the top 3 pairs SPs.

moebius
10-31-2010, 04:53 AM
Does anyone know if the rebroadcasts are the same as the live coverage? I know that for World's this past year the rebroadcasts showed less skaters than the live coverage.

acraven
10-31-2010, 07:16 AM
Does anyone know if the rebroadcasts are the same as the live coverage? I know that for World's this past year the rebroadcasts showed less skaters than the live coverage.

I haven't noticed any differences so far, but I haven't checked all the rebroadcasts, either. I think, though, that if the rebroadcast has the same running time as the original, it will have the same content. I believe the discrepancies arise when they set the initial schedule, then lengthen one of the original programs without making a change to the time slots for the reruns. That's when the hacksaw comes out.

It's always best to try to catch or record the initial broadcast.

DORISPULASKI
10-31-2010, 10:13 PM
Also, NBC is showing a summary program each Sunday following the event. I haven't watched the whole of today's NHK show, but they had the last flight of the men, plus Meryl & Charlie's FD that I have seen so far.

moebius
11-01-2010, 02:33 AM
So does the UniSports rebroadcast of NBC coverage the same or do they add 1-2 more programs, since the NBC broadcast is usually shortened by 'Sports Desk' before and after the skating broadcast?

Also, NBC is showing a summary program each Sunday following the event. I haven't watched the whole of today's NHK show, but they had the last flight of the men, plus Meryl & Charlie's FD that I have seen so far.

DORISPULASKI
11-01-2010, 07:30 AM
I'm not really sure. But the music was much better synched to the dances in the NBC show than the original US show.