PDA

View Full Version : UniSports announces GP Series Coverage

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10

Frau Muller
10-21-2010, 02:28 PM
While watching Universal Sports TV's late-night coverage of the World Aerobic and Acro gymnastics Championships, I caught a commercial for US's upcoming G-P Series TV coverage which clearly mentioned that "six events and the finals" will be covered. So perhaps that means that we'll get US TV coverage of Cup of China too?

HisWeirness
10-21-2010, 03:09 PM
I just checked the full screen mode for the IceNetwork Player in both IE and FireFox browsers tonight and the vertical stretching problem seems to be fixed. The presentation is identical to the small screen. Thankyou IceNetwork techs. :D
Yes! I just checked the same thing using the regionals coverage and on my 4:3 monitor the video image was not stretched. :D

I've tested watching both the Windows media and Flash player icenetwork videos and they worked well on Firefox on a computer with Windows XP. I was having trouble with the Windows media files at first, but when I configured my settings as suggested here (http://web.icenetwork.com/help/technical.jsp#q4) by icenetwork, I had no problems.

It's a good idea today (during business hours ;)) to test that icenetwork's Windows media and new Flash player work with your computer/network setup. Try watching one of the 400k or 800k videos on the video page (http://web.icenetwork.com/video/) that run using Windows media. Also try watching some coverage from Regionals (http://web.icenetwork.com/events/detail.jsp?id=68079) that plays in the new Flash player. If you are on a Mac make sure you have the latest version of Flip4Mac (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/products/windows-media-player/wmcomponents) installed.

I don't know if icenetwork is planning on live streaming the GP coverage using the Flash player or the Windows media player (in past seasons they used the Windows media player) so it is a good idea to make sure both are working. ;)

So perhaps that means that we'll get US TV coverage of Cup of China too?
Let's hope. They haven't released their schedule beyond Skate Canada yet.

Visaliakid
10-21-2010, 04:07 PM
While watching Universal Sports TV's late-night coverage of the World Aerobic and Acro gymnastics Championships, I caught a commercial for US's upcoming G-P Series TV coverage which clearly mentioned that "six events and the finals" will be covered. So perhaps that means that we'll get US TV coverage of Cup of China too?

I get Universal Sports here in Visalia, CA on Comcast channel 187 but the picture is not a sharp digital one. It originates out of the Comcast San Francisco hub and I have complained so many times about it... but to no avail. So I basically watch UniversalSports.com streams instead.

Lara
10-22-2010, 08:30 AM
Universal Sports has always been one of the lowest-quality channels for me too unfortunately (in NYC Time Warner, will have to see if Philly Comcast is any improvement). I'd happily pay extra for an HD version like the Tennis Channel has, oh well. Definitely better than nothing! :)

Doggygirl
10-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Doris, thank you for the flash setting info. Additionally, I had to change the "local storage" option to "unlimited." I also could not get the video to work in IE, even though it worked fine a couple weeks ago when I tested it. But it worked for me in Google Chrome.

In case it helps....

Tesla
10-22-2010, 06:30 PM
I have a Universal Sports online question. Can you watched the archived events for free? I know you have to pay to watch it live, but if you want to watch it later, do you still have to pay?

HisWeirness
10-22-2010, 06:51 PM
I have a Universal Sports online question. Can you watched the archived events for free? I know you have to pay to watch it live, but if you want to watch it later, do you still have to pay?
Yes. You have to pay to have access to both the live and video on demand.

Tesla
10-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Aw, ok. Thanks. :)

Iceman
10-24-2010, 12:07 AM
Unless you just want to spend money, why not watch it on tvali.ge as one of our members mentioned in another thread. That is where I watched all the events. While sporadically there were problems with loading, I would give it a "good" rating overall and then, of course, it is free. In announcements, they mention they will be showing Skate Canada and probably others, as my Russian is non existent.

challon
10-24-2010, 02:53 AM
Has anyone tried watching the on-demand coverage of NHK Pairs and Ice Dance.
They only have 6 minutes of the pairs free skate and 15 minutes of the Free Dance.

Jenna
10-24-2010, 03:15 AM
Yes. I was very shocked about this..I hope it can be fixed.

Spareoom
10-24-2010, 06:30 AM
This is kind of random, but are y'all aware that yesterday's GP event was the cause of a HUGEEE drama for gymnastics fans? Apparently since the GP event ran late, UniSports couldn't start broadcasting the gymnastic's EF live; they started a HALF HOUR LATE. Man, people were ticked. Now UniSports has announced that they're giving a refund to anyone who wants it who bought the Worlds package because so many people are angry about this morning. I know I sent them a nice scathing letter or two.

I really do hope that the figure skating premium events on UniSports has been going better for you than gym has for us...just our luck that the comps would have to collide.

DORISPULASKI
10-24-2010, 07:29 AM
Well, they weren't covering FS live, so they had time to set up what they wanted to show. And they chacked I&K's 3rd place Short Dance, a bad choice, nor did they show the craziness of M&N, the 6th place team in the FD, in short, the dance coverage was a bit skimpy. I'd have like to see the Reeds Addams Family SD on the TV, for that matter.

OTOH I like Tanith as a dance commentator quiet well!

Reuven
10-24-2010, 09:06 PM
We were able to watch several hours of on-demand UniSports coverage of NHK on the laptop which was hooked up to our big screen TV. Very nice indeed!

Sylvia
10-25-2010, 01:42 AM
Has anyone tried watching the on-demand coverage of NHK Pairs and Ice Dance.
They only have 6 minutes of the pairs free skate and 15 minutes of the Free Dance.
It's been fixed.