PDA

View Full Version : UniSports announces GP Series Coverage

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10

TanithandBenFan
10-12-2010, 08:43 PM
Whoa -- did anyone else get automatically billed a renewal of IN? I just saw it on my bank statement and hadn't made a decision on whether I was keeping them or not!

I got a couple of emails from them the past few weeks alerting me they would do an automatic renewal. Did you receive any correspondence from them?

Jenna
10-12-2010, 09:48 PM
Yes, they said in the email that it would be automatically renewed unless you contacted them to discontinue membership.

Lutzcy
10-14-2010, 04:12 PM
Last night, I wanted to set my DVR for Universal Sports coverage on 10/22. The grid only showed "To be announced". Guess I'll try later, closer to time. Keep your fingers crossed that the coverage really happens! :)

HisWeirness
10-14-2010, 05:13 PM
^ Don't worry. The Universal Sports TV coverage often does not appear on online or DVR guides until a week or less before the airdate.

skatesindreams
10-14-2010, 06:41 PM
Whoa -- did anyone else get automatically billed a renewal of IN? I just saw it on my bank statement and hadn't made a decision on whether I was keeping them or not!

They ask if you want auto-billing when you sign up.

Jenna
10-15-2010, 10:25 PM
A full screen button has been added to Icenetwork's video capabilities. :)

AJ Skatefan
10-15-2010, 10:32 PM

Yay! I was starting to get really annoyed. It seemed like a giant step backward. I was getting ready to send them a snarky email. I'm glad I don't have to do that. :)

HisWeirness
10-15-2010, 10:34 PM
Yay :cheer:

I should write them a thank you. :)

Visaliakid
10-16-2010, 03:37 PM
Yay :cheer:

I should write them a thank you. :)

To bad that they changed their screen ratio size from 4:3 to 16:9. This shows up in both my browsers (IE and Foxfire) with a vertically stretched picture in full screen mode.

Anyone else noticing this problem? I tried to change my display settings to correct... but none worked.

RockTheTassel
10-16-2010, 03:46 PM

When I signed up, there was a box that said "Yes, please automatically renew my subscription" that was checked. You have to remember to uncheck it if you don't want them to automatically bill you for it again next year.

I wish they wouldn't do that since it's really easy to miss.

HisWeirness
10-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Anyone else noticing this problem?
I watched regionals videos last night and the full screen option in the flash player stayed at 16:9 (I have a 16:9 computer monitor). I've had no problem with image distortion.

AJ Skatefan
10-16-2010, 11:01 PM
To bad that they changed their screen ratio size from 4:3 to 16:9. This shows up in both my browsers (IE and Foxfire) with a vertically stretched picture in full screen mode.

Anyone else noticing this problem? I tried to change my display settings to correct... but none worked.

I had that problem too. Maybe I can change my system preferences to fix that though.

HisWeirness
10-16-2010, 11:10 PM
Looking around online (http://flowplayer.org/forum/8/36167) it looks like icenetwork.com may have to specify in their flash player code setup (on their side, not ours ;)) that when the full screen feature is used they need to specify that the flash player "fit" or does the "orig"inal aspect ratio, not to change the "scale" of the video (default setting) when it goes fullscreen. That's why I had no stretching with a 16:9 monitor, but you had stretching (scaling) with the 4:3.

You should send a complaint to icenetwork.com telling them they need to look at the code they used in their flash player to enable fullscreen and to make sure that the scaling parameter is set to fit or original scaling.

Since they just added the fullscreen functionality, they probably didn't realize that they needed to customize the player and replace some of the default values.

I'd like to see them add "pop out" functionality as well. I like to be able to resize the video to the size I prefer using a window.

Carolla5501
10-17-2010, 12:19 AM

Looks fine on my 17" laptop. Sorry that's not much help!

crzesk8dad
10-18-2010, 02:16 AM
Looking around online (http://flowplayer.org/forum/8/36167) it looks like icenetwork.com may have to specify in their flash player code setup (on their side, not ours ;)) that when the full screen feature is used they need to specify that the flash player "fit" or does the "orig"inal aspect ratio, not to change the "scale" of the video (default setting) when it goes fullscreen. That's why I had no stretching with a 16:9 monitor, but you had stretching (scaling) with the 4:3.

You should send a complaint to icenetwork.com telling them they need to look at the code they used in their flash player to enable fullscreen and to make sure that the scaling parameter is set to fit or original scaling.

Since they just added the fullscreen functionality, they probably didn't realize that they needed to customize the player and replace some of the default values.

I'd like to see them add "pop out" functionality as well. I like to be able to resize the video to the size I prefer using a window.

Is there anyway to use 400K or 800K feed? The new regionals videos are coming in at 1000K and with my lousy DSL connection is a bit choppy.