PDA

View Full Version : UniSports announces GP Series Coverage

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10]

Reuven
11-14-2010, 03:28 PM
Well, UniSports.com was going along swimmingly, then I found I couldn’t find video feeds without the damn billboard ad anymore. I did fire off a firm email to them complaining that paying subscribers shouldn’t be subject to ads that take of a third of the screen. :mitchell: Anybody else notice this? Any solutions?

HisWeirness
11-15-2010, 12:35 AM
Well, UniSports.com was going along swimmingly, then I found I couldn’t find video feeds without the damn billboard ad anymore. I did fire off a firm email to them complaining that paying subscribers shouldn’t be subject to ads that take of a third of the screen. :mitchell: Anybody else notice this? Any solutions?
I got the billboard add during the gymnastics worlds. Sometimes it was there and sometimes it was not. It's annoying, esp. when you are a paid subscriber. :duh:

No idea on how to get rid of it. :(

maclou
11-15-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah I get it too! At first it wasn't there all the time so I'd keep refreshing until I didn't get it but now it's there ALL the time! I should send them an e-mail too. If I pay for this I shouldn't have to see a huge ad all the time. :mad:

southernskater
11-15-2010, 08:02 PM
I agree!! I can't even make it a full screen because of the ads. Its just a tad bit bigger and it does not make me want to buy asiacs shoes!!

smileyskate
11-16-2010, 03:19 AM
The Free Dance is on now "Presented without commentary". Perhaps in response to posters here who want that. It would be neat just as a change of pace, however you can hear soft commentary in the background....almost sounds mumbled, so hopefully they will either fully mute the commentary or just leave it in.

RD
11-16-2010, 03:34 AM
Hmm...perhaps they attempted to dub it out..?

DORISPULASKI
11-16-2010, 03:44 AM
I think it was the IN commentary? It was definitely in English.

HisWeirness
11-16-2010, 04:33 AM
I watched part of the FD live Sunday on Universal Sports TV and there was no commentary and the message came up on the screen saying that the FD was being presented without commentary.

Reuven
11-16-2010, 11:06 AM
Yeah I get it too! At first it wasn't there all the time so I'd keep refreshing until I didn't get it but now it's there ALL the time! I should send them an e-mail too. If I pay for this I shouldn't have to see a huge ad all the time. :mad:That's what I did. A firm polite email explaining that those who pay should not have to see the billboards. The more people complain, the better they will get the message. Polite but firm, though. Honey catches more flies than vinegar.

Frau Muller
11-17-2010, 06:29 PM
I watched part of the FD live Sunday on Universal Sports TV and there was no commentary and the message came up on the screen saying that the FD was being presented without commentary.

That was FANTASTIC, by the way. I wish they would do that more often. It really gave me the closest feeling of "being there" in the arena, watching a complete competition with only my thoughts, the music and the applause for accompaniment. Now that's "cracklin' good TV"!

HisWeirness
12-08-2010, 04:27 PM
Universal Sports TV and universalsports.com coverage of the Senior Grand Prix Final:

http://www.universalsports.com/news/article/newsid=503301.html

NBC is showing the GPF from noon-2pm ET on Sunday, December 12.
Commentators: Terry Gannon, Scott Hamilton, Tara Lipinski

deltask8er
12-08-2010, 11:42 PM
My DVR guide reads that most of the competition takes place in Beijing. The last two competitions, according to the screen, take place in Tokyo :lol: . You're jumping ahead of the ISU schedule! ;)