PDA

View Full Version : House, MD season premiere tonight!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13

Wyliefan
03-01-2011, 01:29 AM
Taub + Foreman = BORING. If they're trying to capture a Felix and Oscar vibe, it's not working. :yawn:

And if they pair Masters with Chase, I'm going to be sick. She's such a great character, while he's become a total jackass.

sk8pics
03-01-2011, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I'm not crazy about Taub and Foreman, although they do have their moments. But Hugh Laurie is still an amazing actor. I liked the whole scene with Cuddy at the end, where he says, "I choose. You. I'll always choose you." It surprised me and then of course his delivery was awesome.

I've enjoyed the past 3 episodes quite a bit.

Wyliefan
03-01-2011, 03:55 PM
I didn't like that scene much. That whole "I don't care if it makes me a worse doctor" is not the House I know. :( He's always been deeply flawed, but his biggest redeeming quality was that he cared passionately about solving the cases and beating the diseases.

Overall, leaving out the absence of Thirteen and the presence of Masters (and that'll all be changed soon, I believe), this has not been a great season.

sk8pics
03-01-2011, 10:27 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean about House's character. But I thought Hugh Laurie really sold it and that's what made me like it.

I thought the previous two episodes were very good, but yeah, the season has not been the best.

Andrushka
03-03-2011, 04:06 AM
I wouldn't like to see Masters with Chase,it just doesn't seem to...mesh well.Unless they play it as her showing him the error of his ways.

The other 2....it is truly boring.

House...imo Hugh Laurie is doing a good job at showing the struggles House has with being himself and being truly caring of his love.

Wyliefan
03-07-2011, 06:57 PM
I have to say, I am intrigued by the singing/dancing/hallucinating episode tonight. (Shades of All That Jazz?) Maybe it'll help shake things out of this annoying rut they've gotten into.

Wyliefan
03-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Hey look, they decided to turn Taub into a semi-decent human being. Wonder what brought that on.

I'm glad I knew this was going to be a hallucinatory episode beforehand, or I would be utterly confused right now. :)

Parsley Sage
03-08-2011, 01:47 AM
Really enjoying tonight's episode. I hadn't heard it was going to be hallucinatory but I had heard about a dance sequence

Wyliefan
03-08-2011, 01:56 AM
Cuddy's a jerk.

Civic
03-08-2011, 02:43 AM
Cuddy's a jerk.

Au contraire. Just because you love someone doesn't mean you should be with them. Cuddy deserves a boyfriend she can count on and she has Rachel to consider. What I took from her sister's remark about Rachel calling the sleeping pills "candy" is that Rachel probably saw House pop a pill, asked him what it was, and he told her it was candy. No responsible parent would want their child around someone who abuses drugs.

I guess I'm in the minority because I didn't care for the hallucinatory song and dance numbers. I wasn't crazy about the zombie dream sequence either.

Wyliefan
03-08-2011, 03:42 AM
Au contraire. Just because you love someone doesn't mean you should be with them. Cuddy deserves a boyfriend she can count on and she has Rachel to consider. What I took from her sister's remark about Rachel calling the sleeping pills "candy" is that Rachel probably saw House pop a pill, asked him what it was, and he told her it was candy. No responsible parent would want their child around someone who abuses drugs.

I guess I'm in the minority because I didn't care for the hallucinatory song and dance numbers. I wasn't crazy about the zombie dream sequence either.

Now there I'm with you. :) The zombie thing was awful.

As for what Rachel said, I just took it to mean that she saw them and assumed they were candy, as kids often do.

Re: House himself -- yes, that was a bad slip-up. But the man's a recovering addict, not the Rock of Gibraltar, and she knew that going in. He was trying hard to control his own feelings and be there for her, and he did the only thing he could think to do.

Now, granted, I wouldn't be dating the guy in the first place, myself. But if in some weird alternative universe I were dating him, then I'd call it grounds for sitting down and having a serious talk, not dumping him after he'd done the absolute best he could for me, in his (admittedly) flawed way.

sk8pics
03-08-2011, 11:21 AM
I thought we'd had previous instances of House referring to the vicodin as candy.

Anyway, I did not like the episode much but Hugh Laurie is still amazing. I thought he was so creepy in that final dream sequence, and then at the end I realized why he was portrayed that way. It broke my heart to see the expression on House's face and the exchange between him and Cuddy when they broke up.

I agree, Cuddy can be a jerk at times. This would have been time to sit down with House and talk, rather than breaking up right in the heat of the moment when she's just been through a traumatic ordeal. Then maybe break up. Next week's preview looks interesting, though!

pat c
03-08-2011, 02:09 PM
You just knew from the moment they put House and Cuddy together, that there was going to be a break up. :rolleyes: But I think it was a mistake, I think they should have used this as an opportunity to show that House was committed to staying clean and happy and then get onto the more medicine shows like in the beginning. ymmv

DubbalinGirl
03-09-2011, 03:19 PM
I'd prefer one final dream sequence in that ep, which is that he's hallucinated the whole Huddy thing, again. As much as I wanted to see them together, House wasn't House when he was with her. I think I prefer him on Vicodin with his caustic wit. Now we have to go through the whole uncomfortable former lovers working together thing. Yawn.

Rob
03-09-2011, 08:28 PM
The dance scene was choreographed and directed by Mia Michaels. The credits listed many of the SYTYCD alum as the dancers.