PDA

View Full Version : House, MD season premiere tonight!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13

musicgurl
01-20-2011, 02:03 AM
Yes, he drugged Wilson once before. I still was surprised, and yes, it could have been fun watching her retaliate, but it was pretty funny she didn't realize she'd been drugged.

I like Masters better than 13, too, but alas, her days are numbered on the show.

Really? I would have thought they would keep her around. I can't imagine Olivia Wilde being able to stick around much longer the way her movie career is going. It would make more sense to keep Masters IMO.

Civic
01-20-2011, 03:36 AM
...but I'm sick to death of Taub and his issues. If we get one more episode about how he cheated on his wife but keeps piling this load of guilt and blame on her, I'm going to be the one throwing rocks...
I'm enjoying the Taub storyline. We've known for some time that he was unfaithful but his growing realization that she was unhappy was the last straw for him. He's a jerk but, this time I think he's right.

Wyliefan
01-20-2011, 04:25 AM
Really? I would have thought they would keep her around. I can't imagine Olivia Wilde being able to stick around much longer the way her movie career is going. It would make more sense to keep Masters IMO.

I read a recent interview where the creators said they're willing to keep working around her movie filming schedule. More unexplained absences coming up, perhaps.

musicgurl
01-20-2011, 06:55 AM
I read a recent interview where the creators said they're willing to keep working around her movie filming schedule. More unexplained absences coming up, perhaps.

Thats going to get annoying pretty soon I would imagine. For fans specifically. Especially if her character is as unpopular as she seems to be on here. I like Thirteen, but to have her leaving for random reasons every season is going to get a bit ridiculous. They'll run out of reasons for her to not be there.

MarieM
01-20-2011, 11:03 AM
I hope 13 doesn't come back. At all. Ever. She's the most annoying caracter of the show. She brings NOTHING.

Wyliefan
01-20-2011, 02:13 PM
Especially if her character is as unpopular as she seems to be on here.

I don't know how the general public has responded to her, but when I used to post at Fox's House boards, there was a TON of hatred for her over there.

Artemis@BC
01-20-2011, 11:07 PM

That's the current arrangement, though I suspect that might change in the future -- at her request more than the creators, though also could be a mutual request. They did something similar with Katherine Heigle & Grey's Anatomy: her absence was supposed to be temporary for one film, but then became permanent. (And thank goodness, Izzy was such a waste of space!)

I predict that 13 will be back toward the end of the season for a couple of episodes, then will be written out.

I never disliked 13, and I thought she did bring something to the team dynamic ... but I like Masters much better.

Wyliefan
01-25-2011, 01:14 AM
Oh, Masters, please stay forever. Anybody who calls Chase a dumb wh--- has my heart. :rofl: (I used to like Chase, but honestly, he had it coming!)

Mozart
01-25-2011, 03:16 AM
I loved House "training" Rachel with a dog clicker lol

Wyliefan
01-25-2011, 03:34 AM
And then she ended up on his lap. :D Smart kid, all right!

Allskate
01-25-2011, 05:35 AM
And by the end, he was so proud of her lying, he told Cuddy that she was smart. I definitely like having Masters around. I'm guessing Oliva Wilde has a contract that would require her to continue doing House.

sk8pics
01-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Enjoyed the episode a lot. Was all :lol: at the look on House's face when she crawled into his lap.

Wyliefan
01-25-2011, 02:28 PM
If House and Cuddy were to stay together, I can see House and Rachel developing a close but weird relationship -- every time Rachel gets punished by Cuddy for lying or otherwise misbehaving, House calls her in and they discuss her technique and how she can lie better next time. :lol: I think the writing has gone downhill lately, but I have to hand it to the writers this time: They found a way for House to relate to a kid!

musicgurl
01-29-2011, 06:21 AM
And by the end, he was so proud of her lying, he told Cuddy that she was smart. I definitely like having Masters around. I'm guessing Oliva Wilde has a contract that would require her to continue doing House.

It seems likely. Although I read on a website that did an interview with Lisa Edelstein that the only person with a contract right now is Hugh Laurie. The supporting cast hasn't signed new contracts yet because of some producing or distribution thing and as soon as that is resolved the contracts will probably all be signed. I'm sorry, I did try to find the site I read it on, but I can't seem to find it.

sk8pics
02-08-2011, 10:34 PM
Did anyone watch last night? I thought it was one of the best episodes I've seen in quite a while. I thought it was all well done --that slippery slope they started out on and then got deeper into trouble. I didn't like the Taub sub-plot much, but I did really jump out of my skin when his ex-brother-in-law assaulted him. Reminded me of ER too much, when the character of Mark Greene was assaulted.

But otherwise I thought it was great. Hugh Laurie was great as usual but the rest of the cast was great, too. Amber Tamblyn had that I'm-gonna-throw-up look on her face that she had on Joan of Arcadia when she realized her boyfriend had cheated on her, so I had to laugh when the next scene did show her puking. But good for her for standing up to House, even if it was going to cost her her career. I actually liked Cuddy in this episode quite a bit, too. And I liked the darkness of the scenes as well as the mood.

BTW, I believe Hugh was on Jay Leno's Tonight Show last Friday. The link is available on the facebook page for his new CD coming out this year. (Hugh Laurie Blues)