PDA

View Full Version : House, MD season premiere tonight!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13

pat c
05-17-2011, 02:12 PM
I missed it. So what happened? Would some nice person recap it for me?

Mozart
05-17-2011, 09:08 PM
A while ago House took an experimental drug that was being tested on mice to help with his leg. At the beginning of the show he found out that the mice have been developing tumours so he scanned his leg and found that he had three (?) tumours. He doesn't trust surgeons so he drugged himself up and tried to remove the tumours himself in the bathtub. It obviously didn't work very well so he called all the team members but the only one who answered the phone was Cuddy so she went over to his house and brought him to the ER of a different hospital. He was bleeding a lot and in obvious agony. He wanted Cuddy to go in the OR with him because he said he didn't trust the surgeons and thought that they would amputate his leg. Surgery went well and leg was saved. When he woke up Wilson was in the room and he treated him like he always does although he figured out that something has to change he can't continue on like this. He didn't think about what has to change because he had to go pee first and that is when the show ended.

At the same time, POTW is a prison friend of 13 who was stabbed and 13 promised not to bring her to the hospital because she would be arrested. She tried to do as much as she could to help her including having Chase bring over an ultrasound machine. They found a clot (?) in her armpit area and figured out that she was at risk for internal bleeding. She becomes dillusional and they think she has a brain bleed so Chase convinces 13 to take her to the hospital. After the POTW wakes up handcuffed to the bed she yells at 13 and tells her that she wasn't a good friend and that she never liked her in the first place. This POTW was a former cop turned druggie after shooting a 19 yo in self defense and she never got over killing him even though she had to do it. This makes 13 feel guilty about having to kill her brother. Chase suggests that she talk to someone about the guilt and she refuses saying that she has already seen a psychologist and that it didn't help. He suggests that she should speak with someone who would understand how she was feeling and he asks her out for coffee (remember who Chase was responsible for the death of the dictator?).

Taub found out that a girl he was seeing (Ruby) was pregnant and this freaked him out. He went to a strip club and met someone but noticed that she had an asymetrical mole which was possibly cancerous. He touched her and she freaked out (PSTD?) and had him kicked out of the club and when he tried to talk to her outside she pulled a gun on him. This "near death" experience made him realize that he wants to be a good father to his child.

Wyliefan
05-17-2011, 09:37 PM
A while ago House took an experimental drug that was being tested on mice to help with his leg. At the beginning of the show he found out that the mice have been developing tumours so he scanned his leg and found that he had three (?) tumours. He doesn't trust surgeons so he drugged himself up and tried to remove the tumours himself in the bathtub.

Ew ew ew! :scream: I can't believe even House would be that nuts! Chase is a surgeon -- why couldn't he trust him? Even if he doesn't like surgeons in general, he's got his own people trained to do pretty much whatever he wants.

IceAlisa
05-17-2011, 09:43 PM
And this is why I don't watch anymore. :scream:

Wyliefan
05-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Cuddy leaving? Did not see this (http://www.imdb.com/news/ni10716408/) coming!

Mozart
05-18-2011, 04:05 AM
It was pretty gross and HL acted excellently in this episode

Allskate
05-18-2011, 04:55 AM
Cuddy leaving? Did not see this (http://www.imdb.com/news/ni10716408/) coming!

Yeah. I was surprised by that, too. I don't know what they're going to do in the final season to keep it from being the worst season.

Wyliefan
05-18-2011, 01:43 PM
They'd have to quit making it all about Taub and Thirteen. Or, as I like to call them, Dull & Duller.

pat c
05-18-2011, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the recap. It sounds like a jump the shark episode.

Mozart
05-18-2011, 04:12 PM
Actually, it was a really good episode. HL was amazing in it

Karina1974
05-18-2011, 04:48 PM
Ew ew ew! :scream: I can't believe even House would be that nuts! Chase is a surgeon -- why couldn't he trust him? Even if he doesn't like surgeons in general, he's got his own people trained to do pretty much whatever he wants.

He tried calling everybody. Wilson was asleep, Taub and Foreman were at the strip club, and Chase was helping 13 with her friend, POTW. Cuddy was the last person he tried to contact. Ironically, when Chase and 13 were driving the POTW to the hospital, they go through an intersection, and there's Cuddy waiting for the red light with House in the back seat. And then, they call House, who is waiting to go into surgery, to get advice on their patient.

Season finale is next week.

Wyliefan
05-18-2011, 05:05 PM
But that was after he tried operating on himself, no? I'm saying, why couldn't he trust Chase to operate on him in the first place?

Karina1974
05-18-2011, 05:46 PM
But that was after he tried operating on himself, no? I'm saying, why couldn't he trust Chase to operate on him in the first place?

Oh, OK, I see what you're saying now. My answer to the ??? is ... because House is not a "normal" guy. :)

GarrAarghHrumph
05-18-2011, 08:21 PM
Spoiler for next season re: changes to the cast:

Lisa Edelstein is leaving the show http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?p=3186797#post3186797

sk8pics
05-24-2011, 10:19 PM
So, did anyone watch the season finale? I had to fast forward through some of those scenes last week, but I thought this week's episode was amazing. Of course, Hugh did an amazing job and I think he deserves an Emmy nom for his performance in just this week's episode.

But really, I thought to myself, House is really insane. I have no idea where they're going to go with this storyline. Other than the spoilers that people posted upthread.