PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with the Stars Week 1 (9/20 & 9/21)

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Capella
09-20-2010, 04:53 PM
I didn't realize it starts TONIGHT! For some reason I had it in my mind that it was next week. But wheeeeeeee!

orbitz
09-20-2010, 05:18 PM
On paper the casting sucks this season, but I hope they surprise us tonight.

I think this season is Mak best chance to take home his first trophy, but he needs to stop making the choreography and dancing all about him. From what I've seen of rehearsals, I think Brandy will be good.

I want to see if The Situation will be craptacular or if there's any hint of potential there :lol:. I also want to see how Audrina will move on the dance floor.

I think Kurt Warner will try very hard but just won't have the natural grace to pull of the dances.

PRlady
09-20-2010, 05:31 PM
I think Kurt Warner will try very hard but just won't have the natural grace to pull of the dances.

There are quarterbacks who move fluidly and fast. Warner isn't one of them, he's good in other ways. But he's a great underdog story since he was a nobody in college and ended up q'backing in the NFL out of nowhere.

mpal2
09-20-2010, 05:32 PM
Here's a quick team recap just to get us ready for tonight! :cheer2:

Audrina Patridge & Tony Dovolani
Brandy & Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Bristol Palin & Mark Ballas
David Hasselhoff & Kym Johnson
Florence Henderson & Corky Ballas
Jennifer Grey & Derek Hough
Kurt Warner & Anna Trebunskaya
Kyle Massey & Lacey Schwimmer
Margaret Cho & Louis Van Amstel
Michael Bolton & Chelsie Hightower
Mike Sorrentino & Karina Smirnoff
Rick Fox & Cheryl Burke

Capella
09-20-2010, 05:39 PM
TMZ (http://www.tmz.com/2010/09/17/dancing-with-the-stars-david-hasselhoff-song-list-sarah-palin-bristol-palin-songs-dances-audrina-patridge-the-situation/) has a total spoiler of the songs everyone is doing for their Cha Cha or Viennese Waltz.

Garden Kitty
09-20-2010, 05:55 PM
I don't really expect her to be good, but go Florence :cheer:

rfisher
09-20-2010, 06:07 PM
Ooooooo, wouldn't a final between Maks and Karina (and their partners) be fun. :watch: Of course, they're probably over all their relationship baggage and might not try to kill each other. :( But, we could hope. :)

Garden Kitty
09-20-2010, 06:22 PM
Evan tweeted that he'll be there to cheer on his friends.

AYS
09-20-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks for the reminder! I have no idea who I'm going to like this season. I guess maybe I'll be a little objective for a change. :lol:

Beefcake
09-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Soooo, this season is 10 potential trainwrecks plus Brandy and Baby? :wideeyes:

Looking like an all-girl Final 3, unless Fox, Warner or the Situation can pull Mr. Charming votes en masse.

Garden Kitty
09-20-2010, 07:09 PM
USA Today has pictures and litlte interviews (http://mediagallery.usatoday.com/Meet-the-cast-of-'Dancing-With-the-Stars'/G1758,A7586)with each of the celebs. Click on the picture to advance to the next celeb.

rfisher
09-20-2010, 07:09 PM
Since I want a Karina vs Maks final, I'll have to divide all my votes between Brandy and Mr. Jersyshorewhatshisname. I'm good to go.

I'm so glad I have two DVRs as there are at least 3 programs to record while I'm watching DWTS. (I wouldn't ever watch it after the fact.)

screech
09-20-2010, 08:27 PM
I'm on the Jennifer Grey train. And she lucked out with Derek. Has the guy ever gotten a bad partner? Favoritism on the part of the producers?

I saw a thing with Tony where he said he's very happy with Audrina this season - that he's pleased he got someone with some rhythm, so who knows?!

Lara
09-20-2010, 08:34 PM
How bad is it that I don't recognize half the celebrities (or at the most vaguely remember hearing the name)? I did know nearly all the cast for last season besides Evan...

orbitz
09-20-2010, 09:39 PM
I'm on the Jennifer Grey train. And she lucked out with Derek. Has the guy ever gotten a bad partner? Favoritism on the part of the producers?

Derek has never gotten a turkey, that's for sure. But Brooke Burke was so overrated as a dancer that it wasn't even funny, and Ms. "I'm not like other people" from last season was annoying, :lol:

I don't think the audience will let him win again. They want someone new to win, and I think the producers also. Although I don't see why Derek can't get a Bristol Palin instead of Mark.