PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with the Stars Week 1 (9/20 & 9/21)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29

Carolla5501
09-23-2010, 04:06 PM
I have to give up this season :(

Briston, Jersey Shores..... Just felt like it was "dancing with the wannabes" or "Lets make a fool out of the viewers" :(

pixie cut
09-23-2010, 04:18 PM
Who in their right mind would even think that Karina would go from Mario to Maks and then to The Situation? This is one rumor that isn't going to happen.

It was suggested that she was dating Aaron Carter. So why not The Situation?

numbers123
09-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go kill myself for knowing the names of three Jersey Shore castmates :slinkaway

Actually it's Snooki, so since you are only guilty of knowing the names of 2.5 Jersey Shore castmates, you get a stay of self-execution. :P While I'm guilty of knowing that Snooki is spelled without an "e." :slinkaway

I would just like to clarify that I have never seen an episode of Jersey Shore, but most of my students have and that's how I found out about the Situation and his abs. :cool:

I guess I watch way too much E! News, Chelsea Lately, The View and Late Night Shows where Jersey Shore is discussed. I knew about them and even their salary demands which caused some discord on the set of Jersey Shore. And knew why he is known as the Situation. But then I also know who Kim, Kholie, and Kourtney are, who Kendra is and.....
And the Situation was on Leno talked about going to college..
:shuffle:

Rob
09-23-2010, 04:27 PM
The Situation? The producers? I've already forgot who she dumped Maks for.

If memory serves, the rumor was that Maks said he was betrayed. So that turned into a rumor Karina was messing around with her star partner, Aaron Carter. Karina said no, Aaron had a crush on Chelsie Hightower. Some said Karina was just blowing smoke. Others said that Maks wanted to settle down and have a family and Karina did not. Then Karina showed up at parties with some mystery guy. That is all I recall.

Norlite
09-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Who in their right mind would even think that Karina would go from Mario to Maks and then to The Situation? This is one rumor that isn't going to happen.

I saw it suggested on one of the tabloid gossip shows last night. I forget which one, it was just on after something I was watching.

They were showing tape of Karina saying how wonderful she thought he was, and him saying the same about her and then there was the little wink wink comments by the hosts (whoever they were) after that.

I expect more in the weeks to come.

deltask8er
09-23-2010, 09:54 PM
I guess I watch way too much E! News, Chelsea Lately, The View and Late Night Shows where Jersey Shore is discussed.

Speaking of which:

Chelsea Lately: "DWTS" Hoff Tribute

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUkIB40iLjI

ncskatefan
09-27-2010, 03:04 AM
i thought florence h. was entertaining and somewhat sexy. certainly fun.

orbitz
09-27-2010, 03:44 AM
i thought florence h. was entertaining and somewhat sexy. certainly fun.

I'd like to see Corky and Florence drop the comedic schitck and just dance.

Fridge_Break
09-27-2010, 03:48 AM
I love Florence. While their cha-cha was cheeky and such, she showed (especially at the beginning) that she can move really well.. I expect her to have some really good dances down the road.

ArtisticFan
09-27-2010, 04:08 AM
I'd like to see Corky and Florence drop the comedic schitck and just dance.

Agreed. The comedy is what untalented performers fall back on when they can't handle the dance they have been assigned. Florence Henderson obviously has the ability that seems to defy her age. I would respect her more if she relied on that rather than Cloris 2.0 choreography.

ncskatefan
09-27-2010, 05:31 AM
i dunno that i thought she was cloris with a little more ability. was it really that much more showmanship than marie osmond in her first dance, and look how far she went.

Aceon6
09-27-2010, 03:49 PM
Florence Henderson has extensive dance training. I'm just wondering how much flexibility she can get back. If she can move even 1/2 the way she could back in her Broadway days, she should be fine.

IMO, the problem is Corky. He seems incapable of playing it straight. Whether he's worried about comparisons to Mark, or feels his own talents are diminished, I don't know, but I just wish he'd stop all the mugging and just dance.

danceronice
09-27-2010, 04:31 PM
The disgusting thing is New Pro (I moved recently) and I were talking and we figure Corky cannot be THAT old. (New Pro was coached by Corky and Shirley when he and his wife were competing.) He is not incapable of dancing "seriously".

Florence's flexibilty isnt' her only issue--she's just slow overall and she doesn't have the posture any more--but that's why in real Pro-Am she wouldn't be in the same age division as the younger women, it wouldn't be fair.

I'm planning to only watch first hour. Top Gear season premiere starts at nine and that has to be more entertaining. (Hm...could they get Richard Hammond or James May on Strictly Come Dancing, I wonder? Jezza has a bad back...oh, I know....The Stig!)

PeterG
09-27-2010, 04:50 PM
In regards to Florence... For me, any 76 year old who can just remain standing for their time on the floor gets a :respec: :cheer2: :40beers: :cheer: :D from me.

That is all. :)

mpal2
09-27-2010, 04:52 PM
Top Gear season premiere starts at nine and that has to be more entertaining. (Hm...could they get Richard Hammond or James May on Strictly Come Dancing, I wonder? Jezza has a bad back...oh, I know....The Stig!)

OT, but I love those guys!