PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with the Stars Week 1 (9/20 & 9/21)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29

orbitz
09-22-2010, 10:14 PM
I'm asking the younger people here "is this an inviting physical attribute for a young and "apparently sexy guy" to have? Once again showing my age and lack of interest in that child's body!

Look at the covers of all the fitness magazines that are displayed in your local bookstores. 80% of them will have large, bold headlines about how to achieve the perfect 6 packs. Look at pictures of famous guys on the beach in those tabloid rags; They always point immediately to the guy's 6-packs or the lack thereof. The 6 packs, along with pecs, shoulders, and biceps are like the holy grails for any guy serious about fitness.

I think having a flat, lean 6-8 packs is extremely sexy on a man or a woman of any age. I'm sure a 60 years old woman will get all tingly also when a 60 years old guy walks by with some well-defined rectus abdominus ;).

The Situation's abs, however, looks weird. I think he used to have very well defined abs, but now they're just flat and indented.

I also rewatched some of the Monday night footage and YES INDEED, Jennifer Grey's feet did leave the floor and she was turned away from the judges.

She was lifted off the floor twice, but the lift police was either too misty-eyed to notice it or chose to ignore it.

suep1963
09-22-2010, 10:35 PM
I also rewatched some of the Monday night footage and YES INDEED, Jennifer Grey's feet did leave the floor and she was turned away from the judges.

Mom even noticed the feet off the floor--but then she's a DWTS junkie from way back!

skatingfan5
09-22-2010, 10:44 PM
I think having a flat, lean 6-8 packs is extremely sexy on a man or a woman of any age. I'm sure a 60 years old woman will get all tingly also when a 60 years old guy walks by with some well-defined rectus abdominus ;). I think that whatever causes that "tingly" feeling is different for each person -- if the well-defined abs belong to somebody with sawdust for brains and/or the personality of a dead carp, the "tingly" feeling would more accurately be described as that "skin crawling" sensation. YMMV

SharonDudd
09-23-2010, 01:36 AM
Well defined and flat bellies are one thing but his abdomen is almost inverted and just made me cringe!! Just his overall demeanor of "I'm gorgeous and women fall all over themselves to be with me" made me gag!!

Norlite
09-23-2010, 02:08 AM
I thought the difference was that those people practised during their spare time, whereas The Situation was filming a reality show (filming going on 100% of the time). So whereas all his competitors had weeks (was it six like previous years, or less now?) to practise...he had only five days.

Actually Peter, filming is not going on 100% of the time.

I subscribe to a make-up artist's blog who does the makeup for Jersey Shore (among many other TV shows. She was talking about going to the "shoot" every morning to do the makeup, how the girls wanted it done, how she was trying to make suggestions, and how they wanted it their way only.

They sometimes shoot days, sometimes evenings, and get touch ups through the "shooting" schedule for that day.

Anyway, my point is, it's a planned shooting schedule, and I don't believe for a second that he was too busy to practice. I think he just chose to party during his off time.

Hopefully he'll be gone soon.

screech
09-23-2010, 03:38 AM
There is the chance that their contracts stated that they could not participate in any other shows while filming. I wouldn't put that past any network.

But really, anyone who watches shows like TMZ or ET knows that the guy was spending a lot of time in the DWTS parking lot talking to the reporters whereas celebs like Jennifer were heading straight indoors. Even The Hoff wasn't spending as much time talking with the paps.

PrincessLeppard
09-23-2010, 03:50 AM
I'm glad that I've never seen his show.
Now, I know why I never will!

I would just like to clarify that I have never seen an episode of Jersey Shore, but most of my students have and that's how I found out about the Situation and his abs. :cool:

Wyliefan
09-23-2010, 03:54 AM
My young cousin is into that show. I cannot see the appeal at all. Maybe you have to be 16 to get it?

SharonDudd
09-23-2010, 04:07 AM
I was chatting with someone and they told me this nutcase "the situation" is actually 27 years old!! I'm sorry but he looks like a defunt teenybopper with that hair and all the "me-me-me and I'm so wonderful and great and women can't wait to get their hands on me" attitude! Where or why on earth does someone that age act and behave like that? Now, he really makes me sick to my stomach!!

EEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

PPhhhhhhhllllllllbbbbbbbbbbbtttttttttt!!

YUCK! YUCK!! YUCK!! YUCK!!

HisWeirness
09-23-2010, 04:12 AM
You too can be "The Situation" for Halloween... (http://www.buycostumes.com/Jersey-Shore-Mike-The-Situation-Muscle-Adult-Costume/70896/ProductDetail.aspx?REF=AFC-datafeed&AID=10273928&PID=3859925)(saw this at the mall the other day, along with a naughty schoolgirl costume for a dog (http://mydisguises.com/2010/02/19/sexy-schoolgirl-dog-costume-noooooo/)) :slinkaway

Abs so ripped, you just know there's going to be a...situation.
This juiced guido pumps his fist more often than he pumps his gas! The Situation costume includes a flesh-colored, molded chest shirt with a “Situation” tank over the top. Girls love the Situation – he’s protein-packed and is always sending out good vibes.

rfisher
09-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Wonder when we'll hear the rumors that Karina is dating the Situation? They probably have to make it at least 3 weeks first.

orbitz
09-23-2010, 02:07 PM
Wonder when we'll hear the rumors that Karina is dating the Situation? They probably have to make it at least 3 weeks first.

Who in their right mind would even think that Karina would go from Mario to Maks and then to The Situation? This is one rumor that isn't going to happen.

rfisher
09-23-2010, 02:35 PM
The Situation? The producers? I've already forgot who she dumped Maks for.

Wyliefan
09-23-2010, 02:40 PM
This is DWTS. Any rumor that can happen, will happen. It's like ABC's version of Murphy's Law.

zaphyre14
09-23-2010, 03:03 PM
At least we should be spared the Derek/Partner romance this season. At least I would hope so!