PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with the Stars Week 1 (9/20 & 9/21)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29

Norlite
09-22-2010, 04:06 AM
For all Facebook-DWTS- FSU Glamourpuss fans:

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/Dancing-with-the-Stars-Makeup-Team/113578108655781

Aceon6
09-22-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm surprised that Hoff got booted. I mean, he was on a lot of tv shows. I would've thought the Baywatch contingent would have given him a boost. Then again, Pam Anderson was bottom two her first week, so maybe the Baywatch fans simply aren't watching this show.

But still, more people picked up their phones for Michael Bolton than Hasselhoff??? Ok.

I doubt that AGT would have dumped Hoff if they thought his fan base was sizable and vocal.

There are a ton of choices to appeal for the over 40 vote this season - Jennifer, Hoff, Flo, Cho, Michael, Rick and Kurt. Add in those folks who vote for the best performance, regardless, and that takes even more votes from Hoff.

pixie cut
09-22-2010, 03:01 PM
There are a ton of choices to appeal for the over 40 vote this season - Jennifer, Hoff, Flo, Cho, Michael, Rick and Kurt. Add in those folks who vote for the best performance, regardless, and that takes even more votes from Hoff.

I think viewers have seen that drunken cheeseburger video one time too many.

danceronice
09-22-2010, 05:02 PM
I agree Bolton got saved by Chelsie's fan base. My impression is Kym is not especially popular.

The one I was somewhat worried about was Cho--I really do put a LOT of the blame for that routine on Louis, who should absolutely have known better. That would have done better in week two or three, after you've made a "possible contender" impression on the judges.

I didn't watch last night, though--NCIS, Warehouse 13, and Detroit 187 won. Two hours of fake drama is gone.

I don't disagree Derek is a good choreographer. The problem is, he's not that great a teacher and rarely gets challenging celebs to deal with. Look at Cheryl, Julianne, Mark,, even Anna who just came in second last time--they've all gotten guaranteed duds or people with less prior experience coming in (this season Anna's got Kurt, who's..well, a football player, which is hit or miss, and Mark's got Bristol, who's got some potential but no prior experience dancing.) Julianne and Cheryl followed up double wins with getting complete clunkers for stars, then you have perennial "bridesmaids" Tony and Maks.

I realize that at least for Julianne and Mark, being second fiddle to Derek is not a new experience, but COME ON. What does he have on the producers? They should have given HIM Florence and let Corky have Jennifer Grey.

Beefcake
09-22-2010, 05:07 PM
I realize that at least for Julianne and Mark, being second fiddle to Derek is not a new experience, but COME ON. What does he have on the producers? They should have given HIM Florence and let Corky Jonathan have Jennifer Grey.
fixed :P

Aceon6
09-22-2010, 05:10 PM
They should have given HIM Florence and let Tony have Jennifer Grey.

Fixed again.

danceronice
09-22-2010, 05:10 PM
fixed :P

I would actually like to see Corky get someone who isn't...well, to be blunt, geriatric. All other things being equal the only pro on there who could hope to hold his own against Corky is Louis with Karina. But he doesn't really get to do anything.

I'm not sure what sort of terms they're on re the divorce/speaking to each other, but I would tune in for a results-show pro dance-off with Corky and Shirley versus Louis and Karina.

SharonDudd
09-22-2010, 05:44 PM
OK!!! well, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thought of Ross or Agent Magee with the blistering white teeth! I am so THRILLED that the Hoff is gone.

Mostly, I'm really happy that I have Tivo just to get rid of commercials and being able to fast-forward through the ditzy chit-chat! Be really interesting to see how the remaining group does with the routines next week! I'm also not thrilled with the "Situation" (can someone please explain to me what that MEANS??) whining about his filming schedule! I think back to the previous seasons where Olympic athletes were in training and Soap Opera people were flying back and forth several times a week. Get over yourself, already.

rfisher
09-22-2010, 05:48 PM
OK!!! well, I'm glad that I'm not the only one who thought of Ross or Agent Magee with the blistering white teeth! I am so THRILLED that the Hoff is gone.

Mostly, I'm really happy that I have Tivo just to get rid of commercials and being able to fast-forward through the ditzy chit-chat! Be really interesting to see how the remaining group does with the routines next week! I'm also not thrilled with the "Situation" (can someone please explain to me what that MEANS??) whining about his filming schedule! I think back to the previous seasons where Olympic athletes were in training and Soap Opera people were flying back and forth several times a week. Get over yourself, already.

Or Donny Osmond doing a nightly show in Vegas and still managing time to rehearse and fly to LA.

PrincessLeppard
09-22-2010, 06:13 PM
"The Situation" is apparently what happens when he shows his abs. The ladiezzz can't resist them, hence A Situation happens.

Or something like that.

suep1963
09-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Seriously? I'm so out of pop culture. Is that what he and Florence were doing in that clip last night? I thought it looked like he had some sort of weird scar and wondered what kind of surgery he had to get that!

Wyliefan
09-22-2010, 06:19 PM
Blurgh.

skatingfan5
09-22-2010, 06:25 PM
"The Situation" is apparently what happens when he shows his abs. The ladiezzz can't resist them, hence A Situation happens.

Or something like that.Good grief. :rolleyes: I don't want to think of what sort of ladiezzzzz get turned on by The Situation's abs.

Since I couldn't receive the FOX station last night and thus missed the Glee season opener, I watched most of the recap show and was struck by the awfulness of The Situation's "dancing" performance, which I had not fully grasped on Monday. I won't even attempt to describe whatever it was that he was doing (although there was one portion where he moved forward bent over at the waist, looking as if he was about to remove a 30 lb. turkey from an oven). :wideeyes: :lol: I would have gladly traded him for Hoff, but I won't complain too much because at least Margaret Cho got another chance.

danceronice
09-22-2010, 06:26 PM

Or something like that.

Oy vey.

Apparently, one of my brother's coworkers is the aunt of one of the other..uh..boys...on Jersey Shore ("men" just seems like the wrong word, conveys a maturity that's just...not there.) I told him to ask her to ask her nephew what on EARTH is The Situation's malfunction. There either be less abs and more improvement next week or I'll start to miss the Hoff, and that's just wrong.

skatingfan5
09-22-2010, 06:27 PM
I thought it looked like he had some sort of weird scar and wondered what kind of surgery he had to get that!Ab implants. :P