PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with the Stars Week 1 (9/20 & 9/21)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Satellitegirl
09-21-2010, 09:18 PM
I like Mark less and less every season and I don't know exactly why. :confused:

I'm not a fan of Mark really....it's like with Maks...yeah he comes off as cocky, but he doesn't try to be anything than himself. Mark comes off as cocky, but trying to pull the wool over our eyes as this nice humble guy.

Wyliefan
09-21-2010, 09:28 PM
I finally watched Cho's dance, and I don't quite get all the negative reactions. She is a comedienne, after all. Maybe it was different if one first saw it without realizing that she messed up on purpose.

skatingfan5
09-21-2010, 09:33 PM
My negative reaction is because I didn't find it the least bit funny -- so it was a big FAIL in that regard. If her dancing abilities were as bad as Kate Gosselin's were, I could perhaps be more understanding, but for her very first dance, it would have been much better to play it straight. Once it had been established that she could dance a bit, then adding a little comedy might make sense -- especially with a dance like the jive. For me, it was just unfunny and really bizarre to see her waltz morph into that OTT dramatics and staged disaster.

soxxy
09-21-2010, 09:33 PM
Just a recap of all of last night's scores:

Jennifer and Derek 24
Brandy and Max 23
Kyle and Lacey 23
Rick and Cheryl 22
Audrina and Tony 19
Kurt and Anna 19
Bristol and Mark 18
Florence and Corky 18
Michael and Chelsie 16
Margaret and Louis 15
David and Kym 15
The Situation and Karina 15

Pretty tightly packed among the bottom half.

Capella
09-21-2010, 09:35 PM
Just watched this [Margaret Cho & Louis VA video] and all I can say is what a shame. ... They should've played it straight.
:shuffle::shuffle: ;)

I looked over at DialIdol and I don't think I need to spoiler tags to comment that it has everyone within the margin of error, so they don't pick anyone to be safe or to be danger. Wimps. It seemed like that kind of night to me, though. Nobody blew me away and nobody made me throw things at the screen. I have a very low bar set for the first week so my standards are loose. Basically my criteria are: Do you look like you tried hard in the rehearsal footage and on the show? Are you enjoying yourself? Did you "diss" the show or any of its people in any way?

Based on those factors, I'd have to get rid of The Situation. I threw most of my votes to Margaret, because I think the Cult of Louis will be good for her. They made a bad choreography choice and I hope people want to see her try again.

Michael Bolton came off whiny about doing his tour during this show, he didn't look like he was having fun, and he is horribly mismatched with poor Chelsie. I read that Edyta had been his partner originally but then she quit.

I'm thinking first to go might be Michael Bolton, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were Margaret (just very sad) or The Situation (not sad at all).

Oh, and somebody needs to keep Fox away from the teeth whitening strips. He looks like Ross in that episode of Friends where his teeth glowed in the dark (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8S6V5Tk_ip4).

skatingfan5
09-21-2010, 09:44 PM
I'm thinking first to go might be Michael Bolton, but I wouldn't be surprised if it were Margaret (just very sad) or The Situation (not sad at all).I will be sad if Margaret is the first to go, not very sad if it's Michael, and absolutely :cheer2: if it's The Situation.
Oh, and somebody needs to keep Fox away from the teeth whitening strips. He looks like Ross in that episode of Friends where his teeth glowed in the dark.:lol: Yes, the contrast with his complexion made the blindingly white teeth even more :eek: -- that and the botoxed brow almost took the edge off his :grope: factor. Almost. I still have fond memories of watching him in his Laker days (and I hated the Lakers :lol:). Rick and Vanessa (http://sixers4guidos.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/rick-fox-vanessa.jpg), back when.

rfisher
09-21-2010, 09:47 PM
I'm with you on this, Nan, and also have no clue why I've been feeling this way lately.

Because he IS handsy. I noticed Bristol trying to move away last night. He does that with all his partners. I think Edyta is the tallest female dance. At least she looks tall with those long legs. I wonder who she was originally partnered with before opting out this season?

If Karina leaves first, don't be surprised to read that the Situation has a situation with a stiletto heel up his posterior.

Wyliefan
09-21-2010, 09:48 PM
My negative reaction is because I didn't find it the least bit funny -- so it was a big FAIL in that regard. If her dancing abilities were as bad as Kate Gosselin's were, I could perhaps be more understanding, but for her very first dance, it would have been much better to play it straight. Once it had been established that she could dance a bit, then adding a little comedy might make sense -- especially with a dance like the jive. For me, it was just unfunny and really bizarre to see her waltz morph into that OTT dramatics and staged disaster.

I guess I can understand that. But IMO, it looked like something that might have happened on I Love Lucy, and that made it funny for me.

Why did Edyta quit? I was wondering what happened to her. I'm not very good at following all the DWTS news.

skatingfan5
09-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Because he IS handsy. I noticed Bristol trying to move away last night. He does that with all his partners. I think Edyta is the tallest female dance. At least she looks tall with those long legs. I wonder who she was originally partnered with before opting out this season?Capella wrote a couple posts above that it was supposedly Michael Bolton -- if it was, that may have given her added incentive to quit. :slinkaway

rfisher
09-21-2010, 09:51 PM
Capella wrote a couple posts above that it was supposedly Michael Bolton -- if it was, that may have given her added incentive to quit. :slinkaway

:yikes: Lord yes. Poor thing has been saddled with enough losers. I don't blame her for *bolting*.

Garden Kitty
09-21-2010, 09:52 PM
Sort of spoiler from Tom Bergeron's twitter:

DWTS producers seem rattled by who is going tonight. Guess they had high hopes for this star (aka thought they'd be ratings draw). Hmm...

Tom's twitter has some funny things in it:
Everybody's back in the ballroom Monday. The spray tan truck just pulled up. Let no pore go pasty.

rfisher
09-21-2010, 09:58 PM

DWTS producers seem rattled by who is going tonight. Guess they had high hopes for this star (aka thought they'd be ratings draw). Hmm...

Tom's twitter has some funny things in it:

Is Tom just trying to trick us into watching? :watch:

I'd watch just for him in any event.

skatingfan5
09-21-2010, 09:58 PM

Also from twitter and not a spoiler:Based on that tweet, I'm guessing either Bristol or The Hoff but I'm hoping it's actually The Situation. I'm having a difficult time guessing who they hoped would be a ratings draw, since I was pretty "meh" about them all.

Aceon6
09-21-2010, 10:30 PM
Just guessing that the producers would be upset if any of their "attract viewers 18-35" contestants go this early. The show has a near lock on the over 50s as well as families with tweens.

deltask8er
09-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Just guessing that the producers would be upset if any of their "attract viewers 18-35" contestants go this early. The show has a near lock on the over 50s as well as families with tweens.

That's why I was disturbed to see such a gory beginning to the show that immediately follows DWTS, "Castle"? I know it's crime-related, but should they start the show with bloody cadaver considering the previous show is for all ages?

-----

You don't need to know much German to understand this headline:

David Hasselhoff floppt, Jennifer Grey toppt

Von Philippe Klemenz
Dienstag, 21. September 2010, 15:11 Uhr

http://www.glanzundgloria.sf.tv/Nachrichten/Archiv/2010/09/21/International/David-Hasselhoff-floppt-Jennifer-Grey-toppt