PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with the Stars Week 1 (9/20 & 9/21)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

mrr50
09-21-2010, 12:25 PM
Brooke really cornered the market on the tape. Hubby was wondering if that is why a number of the other ladies seemed to be covered more than usual.

Satellitegirl
09-21-2010, 12:40 PM
If it comes to Maks/Brandy vs. Ihatederek/Jennifer, I'll register forty million accounts to vote for Maks..er Brandy. Of course the dirty dancing song was deliberate. I suspect we'll hear many more.

It's too bad Brandy and Derek weren't put together. I would have been able to vote them off easily. I think I dislike Brandy more than Derek though.

Aceon6
09-21-2010, 01:18 PM
I was unpleasantly surprised with Cho's routine. Whoda thunk that Louis would go along with that? I really expected him to rein her in and channel the physicality of comedy into some decent dancing. Domage.

Still think Bolton's the first male off, but Mighty Cho gave him a run for the money.

Aceon6
09-21-2010, 01:20 PM
Whoa. A grand total of 309 voting attempts registered by the DI software. Seems that voting by phone is going the way of the dinosaur.

Norlite
09-21-2010, 01:38 PM
I kind of feel for The Situation because his filming didn't allow him to practice, and I appreciate that he did work the best he could in 5 days.

Well, I don't buy that unless there were some circumstances that we are not aware of. Everyone seems to keep working and touring (Bolton was in Vegas over the weekend playing at the hotel my son stayed in for example) during rehearsals, and the actual show air schedule for that matter. How intense could the filming of that rainwreck be that he couldn't find a few hours a day to practice.

His choice I suppose, perhaps he considered it a bit of a joke? but because of it I have no sympathy.

rfisher
09-21-2010, 01:47 PM
It's too bad Brandy and Derek weren't put together. I would have been able to vote them off easily. I think I dislike Brandy more than Derek though.

I know. They so need to switch partners. We're doomed.

AYS
09-21-2010, 01:51 PM
I missed the last 3, so didn't see Jennifer Grey...I thought Audrina was underscored.

I thought Brandy was sweet and has potential, though I see what Carrie Ann meant about her being too emphatic in her movements for the Viennese (or however she put it). I split my votes between her and Audrina. Kyle was entertaining, but I'm sure he won't need my votes this week.

Bristol was overrated IMO, Kurt Warner as well, though he was ok. I thought Rick Fox was way better than Warner.

Margaret Cho's was one of the more bizarre dances I've seen on this show. Multiple personality.

rfisher
09-21-2010, 02:48 PM
I just hope all the comments about Bristol are related to her dancing and not her mother. She may not be a good dancer, but she's a gutsy kid.

PRlady
09-21-2010, 03:04 PM
I just hope all the comments about Bristol are related to her dancing and not her mother. She may not be a good dancer, but she's a gutsy kid.

Although I loathe her mother with enough heat to melt all of Alaska, I'm not gonna take it out on her kid who is already suffering enough coming from that family. She's cute, still has some baby weight, she seems to be trying hard and she looks a lot like my daughter.

mrr50
09-21-2010, 03:10 PM

so nothing negative can be said about Bristol because it's really all about her mother? What a load of crap. She was better than Kate G from last year and not as irritating as that situation person. Other than that, blah

rfisher
09-21-2010, 03:14 PM
so nothing negative can be said about Bristol because it's really all about her mother? What a load of crap. She was better than Kate G from last year and not as irritating as that situation person. Other than that, blah

I didn't say nothing negative could be said about Bristol. I said it should be about her, not her mother. Perhaps you should learn to read before you talk about a load of crap.

skaternum
09-21-2010, 03:15 PM
My random thoughts on last night's show, which I watched in spite of myself:

Bottom of the barrel for me were Hasselhoff, Bolton, and Warner. I thought overall there was some good dancing (Jennifer Grey, Brandy, Rick Fox & Disney Boy), but a lot of potential (Audrina, Bristol, Margaret, even Florence). But a couple of serious WTFs scared me. Margaret's assinine Viennese Waltz was a terrible miscalculation. I'd hate to see her go home the first week, because I think she could turn out to be a decent dancer. Florence Henderson does NOT need to try to be the anti-Brady. It turns me off to see her trying to be a bad girl. Stupid. I also agree that Brandy is going to get seriously annoying if she doesn't take it down a notch.

As for the pros, I still despise Derek. Mark still comes in a close second.

I can't believe I'm already saying this, but I think I'd be happy if this was the last season for this show. I think it's time is up.

mrr50
09-21-2010, 03:20 PM
I didn't say nothing negative could be said about Bristol. I said it should be about her, not her mother. Perhaps you should learn to read before you talk about a load of crap.

the accusation was implicit. do not try to bully or threaten. it does not belong here.

Garden Kitty
09-21-2010, 03:23 PM
I can't believe I'm already saying this, but I think I'd be happy if this was the last season for this show. I think it's time is up.

This show really depends on its cast, and as much as I'm willing to give them a try, this cast just doesn't have anyone who really grabs me. But if they had someone I really liked (I'm a sucker for Olympic athletes) or someone with a lot of charisma, I'd be much more involved again.

AYS
09-21-2010, 03:40 PM
While IMO there is enough bad about Bristol's dancing to warrant snarkage on its own, I don't understand why there should be an embargo on snarking on her for her mother's sake. After all, she's on the show because of her mother.