PDA

View Full Version : Dancing with the Stars Week 1 (9/20 & 9/21)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

purple skates
09-21-2010, 04:01 AM
I got such a kick out of the Disney kid and look forward to watching him develop and lose the spare tire. I think he may just be the hidden gem of the group.

I was impressed.

ArtisticFan
09-21-2010, 04:02 AM
I can't imagine Audrina has a big fan base. She reminds me of the male models who always get voted off early.

She might be a goner. I would think she and The Situation are splitting a fan base, as they are from the same network. Their shows draw/drew the same demographics so that might work against her along with going first. She wasn't exactly memorable, which sucks for Tony.

Hubby was laughing that Bristol must have found the spray tan...his words..."Nobody is that tan in Alaska."

purple skates
09-21-2010, 04:42 AM
About Jennifer Grey: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jennifer_Grey

Grey lives in Los Angeles, California, with her family. In September 2010, it was revealed that during a medical check up for Dancing With The Stars, a malignant lump was discovered in her neck.[5]

:wideeyes: I hope that's a mistake. If not, (((Jennifer))).

Norlite
09-21-2010, 04:56 AM
:( Wow......

purple skates
09-21-2010, 05:16 AM

:( Wow......

I've looked, and I can't find anything except the Wiki entry that says she has it. There's a lot of entries on her support for research etc and about the people she's lost to it.

So .... :confused: I hope it's nothing

deltask8er
09-21-2010, 05:35 AM
I've looked, and I can't find anything except the Wiki entry that says she has it. There's a lot of entries on her support for research etc and about the people she's lost to it.

So .... :confused: I hope it's nothing

The reply was more than Grey had bargained for: "I'd had a really bad car accident years ago, and basically, the ligaments in the back of my neck were ripped and I'd never addressed that. It degenerated, and the surgeon said, 'Right now, your spinal cord is compressed. If you fell or got rear-ended, you'd be paralyzed.'"

And there was more, as Grey underwent the process of having her neck fused. She recalls, "He also said to me, 'What's that lump in your neck?' I said, 'Oh, it's just a benign nodule that I've been watching for four years.' I didn't want to have surgery for it, but he said, 'That has to go.' They took out half of it, and it turned out to be cancerous. Then they took the second half out on Christmas Eve."

Finally, the doctor recommended one more surgery "in the back of my neck, to clean out the nerves that were compressed," as Grey describes it. "Now, I've got a new neck. And I also have no cancer."

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2010/08/dancing-with-the-stars-saves-jennifer-greys-life-literally.html

http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2865442&postcount=258

El Rey
09-21-2010, 05:36 AM

It was revealed that's what happened, but she actually found out about it a while ago. I believe it was last year when she was thinking about going on the show. I think she ended up having 2 surgeries on her neck and one on her back for a spinal injury. I saw her on E! today and that's what I remember her saying.

screech
09-21-2010, 05:43 AM
I thought that Audrina was undermarked. I was surprised at how much natural ability she had, and that if she just loosened up a bit, she'd be quite talented.

Disney kid - he was good, but not as great (IMO) as they made him out to be. A bit too 'yeah scream for me, I'm awesome' for me. I also don't know if he'll excel at other styles.

Football player - I must have been watching someone else, because other than the knee action, I saw nothing to rave about. Rick Fox on the other hand - he had basic choreo, but an insane amount of gracefulness.

I kind of feel for The Situation because his filming didn't allow him to practice, and I appreciate that he did work the best he could in 5 days, but unless something miraculous happens, he's not going to do much.

Really, the obvious frontrunners IMO are Brandy and Jennifer. I'm cheering for Jennifer (I almost had tears in my eyes from her reaction to the song) but I have to wonder if the response would have been so amazing if it wasn't a Dirty Dancing song. She'd still be around the top, but the producers obviously picked that song for a reason. At first when they previewed that clip I wondered if her crying was real (or a set up by the producers) because she and Patrick didn't get along while filming, but when actually watching it, it definitely seemed real to me.

She also had the best dress of the night.

I was pleasantly surprised by Bristol. She's not the greatest, but she's at the biggest disadvantage because she's not a performer. Once she gets more comfortable, she might be good! She started to get into it after a bit, and you could see that she has some talent.

Florence and Margaret? Ugh, just dance and leave the hamming it up off the dance floor.

Kasey
09-21-2010, 06:06 AM
Bristol wasn't as suckadelic as I thought she would be. She seems very self-conscious, and does have the disadvantage of not being an actual performer. And I'll admit to being selfish enough to hope Hoff lasts at least a few weeks; I laughed spastically for about 10 minutes till I cried. The irony of him "dancing" to "Sex Bomb" was just classic....I hope they make him dance every time to that same song so I can get that kind of endorphin rush again! ;)

jenny12
09-21-2010, 06:27 AM
They should get Peyton and Eli in the spring version. In my next life I will have Anna's hair.

But Peyton is a ringer. ;) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Re8hHD2EIxU

I liked Audrina tonight and thought she was under marked. I'm a Kurt Warner fan so maybe it's my bias, but I thought Len was way too harsh on him. Kyle the Disney guy was super cute.

Jennifer (of course) and Brandy seem to be the front runners, but it'll be hard to follow the Evan season for me.

WildRose
09-21-2010, 06:49 AM
Jennifer got my vote - and Kyle was a nice surprise. I thought the Hoff looked older than Florence Henderson.

Gypsy
09-21-2010, 06:49 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a copy of this. My Mom's power went out and didn't record it and she does not have a computer!!!

Please help!

Vash01
09-21-2010, 08:02 AM
I had not watched DWTS the last couple of seasons but I watched tonight's show with interest because of our local hero Kurt Warner and Jennifer Grey are in it. I think Jennifer will be the sentimental favorite to win. Brandy seems very good too. I am hoping that Kurt can make it deep into the show. It was a bit odd to see him smiling so much. Normally on the football field you don't even see his face. He will take this seriously and improve, but I don't know how long he will last. For a quarterback trying to dance, he did a decent job. He seemed awfully stiff though (the arms) but I am rooting for him to go a long way, and I am rooting for Jennifer (she still looks very pretty) to win it all. When she started dancing to 'These arms of mine....' it brought back memories of Dirty Dancing and Patrick Swayze. I was in tears.

I don't expect Michael Bolton to make it very far (I love his songs though).

Bristol Palin does not belong on the show, IMO. What has she done to be called a 'star'? Her description is "Sarah Palin's daughter". Her dancing was not too bad, but for her age she seemed a bit heavy. May have to do with the dress and/or the angle.

Overall a pretty good start to the show. I will watch it as long as Kurt and Jennifer are in it. OK, I do like Maksim, but I don't think I will watch it for him alone. He does have a graceful partner, so he could be around late in the game.

rfisher
09-21-2010, 12:04 PM
If it comes to Maks/Brandy vs. Ihatederek/Jennifer, I'll register forty million accounts to vote for Maks..er Brandy. Of course the dirty dancing song was deliberate. I suspect we'll hear many more.

I really don't care who goes home. I watch to be entertained by Tom's wit, Bruno's theatrics, to see if Brooke's tape will hold, and to see people who can't really dance learn to do so. I could see Bristol being this year's Kelly if she'd been partnered with Louis. He's a better *teacher* than Mark. Mark does great with people who already have experience or as in Shawn Johnson, are great athletes. Louis can take the klutz and turn them into something special. He could do that with Margaret if he's given the chance and follows his instincts.

Disney kid may be fun and Lacey seems to be a good partner for him, although, his ME enthusiasm might get old. Jerseyboy might be able to dance if he gets over his insecurities and his inflated ego. Be warned Jersey boy, Karina does NOT like to lose and she will :kickass: Cheryl has another good looking pro athlete to show her off.

skatemommy
09-21-2010, 12:17 PM
I could tell that the youngsters have been hanging out in clubs already shakin' the groove thing. Can I have Audrina's body in my next life?