PDA

View Full Version : SYTYCD Tour

Pages : [1] 2 3

TanithandBenFan
09-20-2010, 03:41 PM
I went to the Opening Night show of the tour last night and it was fantastic! This is the first time the tour has come to New Orleans, and the arena looked sold out. I hope they'll come again! I was pleased to see all of my favorite dances from Season 7 (except Billy and Kathryn's "Jar of Hearts" :( )

I got some pretty good pics. (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2194093&id=2811741&l=b4a2c523a9) And I took a video of the group finale. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fd0iMvuxd9w)

Here's the set list from the show:

Introduction of each dancer w/ group dancing
"My Chick Bad" - Lauren and Russell
"Shoeless Joe" - Kent and Ade
"XXXO" (Sonya jazz) - Rob and Courtney
"Battle For the Beat" - Dom and Jose
"Boogie Shoes" - Lauren and Billy
"Heaven is a Place on Earth" - Rob and Kathryn
Video of Alex and Twitch's hip hop
"Royal T" (Sonya) - Group Jazz number
"I Can Transform Ya" - Kathryn and Russell
"How It Ends" - Kent and Rob
"All That Jazz" - Group number
"How Low" - Ashley and Dom
"Fever" Fox trot - Adechike and Lauren
"Sundrenched World" - Kent and Allison
Bollywood - Rob and Billy
Bollywood - Group number

Intermission

"Every Little Thing She Does is Magic" - Group number
"Scars" - Rob and Dom
"Amy Amy Amy" - Kent and Courtney
"Cosmic Love" - Ashley and Ade
"Fallin" - Lauren and Adechike
"Down" (Jay sean slow mix) - Kent solo
B-Boy medley ("Baby" by Justin Bieber, etc.) - Jose, Russell, and Dom
"When Love Takes Over" - Group disco number
Russell solo
"Tightrope" - Kathryn and Kent
"Mad World - Ade and Billy
"At Last" - Lauren solo
"Fix You" - Rob and Allison
"Collide" - Kent and Lauren
"My First Kiss" - Kent and Lauren
"You Can't Stop the Beat" - Finale

As you can see, they subbed a couple of people in for Neil, Twitch, and Anya on a few dances. I thought there would be a few more new duet dances, but the only new dances I spotted were the disco and Bollywood group numbers (and the intro and finale ones).

I thought Kent and Lauren's "My First Kiss" was even better than Kent and Anya's version. They looked like they were having so much fun together. Between each number, one or two of the dancers came out on the stage and introduced the next number. Sometimes they showed video clips of the rehearsals with the choreographers.

I could watch Billy Bell dance all night long. In all the group numbers, my eyes kept going to him because his body movement is just crazy. It was funny to see just how slight in build and stature he was next to Robert. :lol: Robert and Allison's "Fix You" and Kent and Allison's "Sundrenched World" were so emotional and beautiful. As was Kathryn and Robert's "Heaven Is a Place On Earth."

For an Opening Night, I thought the show went very smoothly. Everybody looked on top of their game and poured their heart into every number. If you have a chance to see the show, I highly recommend it!

genevieve
09-20-2010, 03:49 PM
How weird they didn't do Jar of Hearts, since that pretty much launched the career of the singer.

Sounds like you had a great time! )

eta: great pics! you either had a very good seat or a very good camera. I do wish they were doing Adechike/Kent's chair piece, though. I thought that was one of the best pieces of the season.

PeterG
09-20-2010, 04:39 PM
I got some pretty good pics. (http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2194093&id=2811741&l=b4a2c523a9)

:respec:

A thought about Robert's appearance. You know how in shows like "V" where aliens transform into human form and they're always beautiful? I feel like Robert is an exaggerated version of that...he's just so beautiful, it's over the top. Is that kind of beauty truly humanly possible??? :lol:

TanithandBenFan
09-20-2010, 05:04 PM
How weird they didn't do Jar of Hearts, since that pretty much launched the career of the singer.

Sounds like you had a great time! )

eta: great pics! you either had a very good seat or a very good camera. I do wish they were doing Adechike/Kent's chair piece, though. I thought that was one of the best pieces of the season.

I was six rows up in the first level, which I think turned out to be a better vantage point for pics than being on floor. I do love my camera. :) I would've liked to be on the floor to feel a little closer to the action and see the dancers' facial expressions closer up, but I couldn't complain with the view I had.

I was surprised they didn't do Jar of Hearts for that same reason.

genevieve
09-20-2010, 05:15 PM
I went to the S4 tour, and our seats were in the LAST ROW :eek: :lol: The venue only had one level, so it wasn't terrible, but we definitely had to watch the jumbotron to see faces. That's basically why I didn't try to get tickets to this tour.

Holley Calmes
09-21-2010, 01:49 AM
I'm going Monday night...Richard is supposed to get a press pass to be in a special section to get pix for a national magazine....but we haven't gotten the press ok from SYTYCD yet-they decide at the last minute.

But wow-GREAT pics T&BFan! Fantastic! I've been told we can't get into Gwinnett Arena (without a press clearance) with any camera that has a removeable lens. Small cameras with built-in lenses only. The venue says it's a SYTYCD rule, but now I'm guessing it's the venue rule and they're passing the buck.

You must have taken those pictures with a camera with a detachable lens! They are just too good! Or maybe you are just a genius!:lol:

TanithandBenFan
09-21-2010, 02:00 AM
But wow-GREAT pics T&BFan! Fantastic! I've been told we can't get into Gwinnett Arena (without a press clearance) with any camera that has a removeable lens. Small cameras with built-in lenses only. The venue says it's a SYTYCD rule, but now I'm guessing it's the venue rule and they're passing the buck.

You must have taken those pictures with a camera with a detachable lens! They are just too good! Or maybe you are just a genius!:lol:

It's a point and shoot camera - no detachable lens! The Canon SX100 with 10x optical zoom (40x digital zoom). I didn't think I'd be able to get such clear shots, but the lighting was just bright enough that the camera could focus pretty well. I had it on the 10x or 13x zoom setting most of the time.

tarotx
09-21-2010, 02:36 AM
Thanks for sharing :)

LordCirque
09-21-2010, 06:19 PM
I'm sad they didn't do some of the pieces from the Meet the Top 11 episode. Paris Is Burning was one of my favorite pieces of the season.

Thanks for all the info! Sounds like it's one of the best tour line ups yet.

tarotx
09-21-2010, 07:05 PM
I'm sad they didn't do some of the pieces from the Meet the Top 11 episode. Paris Is Burning was one of my favorite pieces of the season.

Thanks for all the info! Sounds like it's one of the best tour line ups yet.Probably because they already have 3 Travis pieces.

LordCirque
09-21-2010, 10:43 PM
Probably. I enjoyed Paris is Burning more than Collide though, and Lauren and Kent were both in Paris Is Burning, and one of the other guys could easily have learned Mark's part. Billy or Robert would have done well in Mark's part.

Maybe they were less apt to do recasts of pieces this year than they have for past tours though.

Holley Calmes
09-21-2010, 10:46 PM
It's a point and shoot camera - no detachable lens! The Canon SX100 with 10x optical zoom (40x digital zoom). I didn't think I'd be able to get such clear shots, but the lighting was just bright enough that the camera could focus pretty well. I had it on the 10x or 13x zoom setting most of the time.

Thanks! Maybe it is the tour that has the no-detach requirement after all. Well, I've got my fingers crossed we get the clearance.

tarotx
09-22-2010, 12:35 AM
Probably. I enjoyed Paris is Burning more than Collide though, and Lauren and Kent were both in Paris Is Burning, and one of the other guys could easily have learned Mark's part. Billy or Robert would have done well in Mark's part.

Maybe they were less apt to do recasts of pieces this year than they have for past tours though.I don't think it's about recasting. Robert is in The Neil/Kent Contemporary and s5 Ade is in the Neil/Kent Broadway since Neil isn't touring.

Collide is the just the epic tween dance. If you go on the sytycd fan board it's all about the Lent kiss and that their love must be real because they kiss at the end of collide and at the end of my first kiss. Although those kisses were in the original versions, tweens are so into this couple. So yeah Collide had to on tour even though I love Paris is burning more then Collide myself.

pixie cut
09-22-2010, 02:57 PM
It's great to see Russell and Kathryn getting to tour. All the other All Stars had tour experience, but their season didn't get that. Nice to see Russell in My Girl Bad. I bet he brings his own flavor to it. Also, any chance for more Ade is good.

tarotx
09-22-2010, 04:10 PM
It's great to see Russell and Kathryn getting to tour. All the other All Stars had tour experience, but their season didn't get that. Nice to see Russell in My Girl Bad. I bet he brings his own flavor to it. Also, any chance for more Ade is good.

Here's a video of Russell&Lauren's My chick bad from New Orleans:

http://www.youtube.com/user/maheine16#p/a/u/0/VO23im7FLB0