PDA

View Full Version : Roger Ebert Cookbook Article

AragornElessar
09-15-2010, 08:26 PM
He's in Toronto for the Film Festival, but also to sign copies of his new cookbook about how to use a Rice Cooker for this, that and the other thing. :)

The Toronto Star ~ Roger Ebert: He canít eat but still cooks : New cookbook is an ode to the lowly rice cooker: The Pot and How to Use It (http://www.thestar.com/living/food/article/860972--roger-ebert-he-can-t-eat-but-still-cooks)

He's never been my favourite film critic, but he's made me a fan of him by the Grace he's handled everything that's happened to him the last few years. Really hope the cookbook's a great success for Roger. :)

emason
09-15-2010, 08:42 PM
He's in Toronto for the Film Festival, but also to sign copies of his new cookbook about how to use a Rice Cooker for this, that and the other thing. :)

The Toronto Star ~ Roger Ebert: He canít eat but still cooks : New cookbook is an ode to the lowly rice cooker: The Pot and How to Use It (http://www.thestar.com/living/food/article/860972--roger-ebert-he-can-t-eat-but-still-cooks)

He's never been my favourite film critic, but he's made me a fan of him by the Grace he's handled everything that's happened to him the last few years. Really hope the cookbook's a great success for Roger. :)

I hope it's a success for him also. His taste in movies is very different from mine, so over the years I've found myself violently disagreeing with him (House of Games, anyone?), but I always loved him and the late Gene Siskel because I got the feeling from them that they genuinely loved movies and wanted everyone else to love movies. Other critics (Rex Reed, for instance) come across to me as bitchy for the sake of being bitchy and not actually liking movies.

Artemis@BC
09-15-2010, 08:53 PM
He is one of my favourite critics, not necessarily because of his recommendations or what he says, but how he says it. His reviews are thoughtful, philosophical, articulate, and just plain clever. Compared to the average film critic ... no contest.

At the Movies ended a few weeks ago, and it was a sad day indeed. It was never the same after Gene Siskel died, and of course after Ebert got sick, but it still had its moments. And it went through a really bad period with the "Bens." But for the last year, with Michael Philips and AO Scott, it was like the old days -- 2 guys who really love film and are really educated about their field, debating passionately. Great TV, and a great source of info. But no more. *sigh*

skatingfan5
09-15-2010, 09:05 PM
He is one of my favourite critics, not necessarily because of his recommendations or what he says, but how he says it. His reviews are thoughtful, philosophical, articulate, and just plain clever. Compared to the average film critic ... no contest.

At the Movies ended a few weeks ago, and it was a sad day indeed. It was never the same after Gene Siskel died, and of course after Ebert got sick, but it still had its moments. And it went through a really bad period with the "Bens." But for the last year, with Michael Philips and AO Scott, it was like the old days -- 2 guys who really love film and are really educated about their field, debating passionately. Great TV, and a great source of info. But no more. *sigh*Roger Ebert is having a new movie review TV program (http://blogs.suntimes.com/ebert/pages-for-twitter/roger-ebert-presents-at-the-moe.html) beginning in January -- on PBS, where the original Siskel & Ebert "Sneak Previews" first ran. I look forward to it and hope it is a success.