PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Fridge_Break
10-08-2010, 02:06 AM
I'm baffled at how Jimmy T could have won an internet contest to be cast on the show.. its funny how he can win a popularity contest to become a contestant, and then be universally hated by his entire tribe. Guess he must have had some excellent acting skills when he was making his video.

I think this tribe shuffle is going to hurt the older women, who will be targeted by the younger crowd and be picked off. Although, perhaps it might be good for them that things are being switched up, at least for Holly and Jane, who voted with Jimmy T at TC. We'll see, but I was hoping to see a group of older women go deep in the game for once one of these seasons.

my little pony
10-08-2010, 02:45 AM
I wanted to see Jimmy T and Naonka on the same team so I could try and decide who is crazier

KHenry14
10-08-2010, 05:57 AM
It would be interesting to see Marty and Naonka on the same tribe. Marty's head would probably explode! That would also put two II's on the same tribe, which would complicate things...all the better:D

Jenny
10-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Sigh, it saddens me that for the first time in many, many seasons we are collectively talking about what's wrong with this show. Sure, little issues here and there, but I always held this show up to a standard, with the producers being smart enough to keep what works, while constantly making each season more and more interesting.

Even the mix up next week smacks of disorganization/desperation - do we really think they planned to do this after just 4 boots? IIRC, they haven't done a switch up in a long time, so why now?

We almost had the feeling that the blindfold challenge was specifically designed to give the older tribe a chance to get back in this game - but wasn't it odd that it was for only 7 players, when one team had 8 and the other had 9? I wonder if it was supposed to be a week or two later, but they moved it up to give the older tribe a shot at evening things out, and when that didn't work, they decided to mix it up.

Naturally I'm hanging in there, and I do have some hope that once we have a more manageable number the focus will shift more to game (and character where it directly affects the game, aside from determining a boot).

caseyedwards
10-12-2010, 09:09 AM
I didn't know Erik and Jaime from Surivor China had a baby last month.

http://friedpinktomato.blogspot.com/

Congrats to them. Survivor baby 2 or 3

Prancer
10-14-2010, 03:35 AM
Meh. Even with a tribal shakeup, meh.

Marty isn't a player; he only thinks he is. I think if he were a good player, the season would be more interesting. But since he's the only one who seems to be talking strategy, and he isn't very good at it, meh.

Alina and Michelle seem to be playing good games; Alina in particular has been doing a good job playing the cards she's been dealt. The women in general seem to all be playing the social game pretty well; even Na'Onka must have her moments because people do seem to like her at least a little. The men are mostly invisible. I would say that doesn't bode very well for the women, but who knows with the way Survivor is edited these days? You can be invisible and still be booted right away.

That immunity challenge was fresh and new and rather hideous :D. Nice to see the challenge crew come up with something a little different.

sk8er1964
10-14-2010, 03:52 AM
Damn. I rather liked Tyrone, especially compared to the other men in the older tribe. :P

smurfy
10-14-2010, 03:57 AM
Meh. Even with a tribal shakeup, meh.

Marty isn't a player; he only thinks he is. I think if he were a good player, the season would be more interesting. But since he's the only one who seems to be talking strategy, and he isn't very good at it, meh.

Alina and Michelle seem to be playing good games; Alina in particular has been doing a good job playing the cards she's been dealt. The women in general seem to all be playing the social game pretty well; even Na'Onka must have her moments because people do seem to like her at least a little. The men are mostly invisible. I would say that doesn't bode very well for the women, but who knows with the way Survivor is edited these days? You can be invisible and still be booted right away.

That immunity challenge was fresh and new and rather hideous :D. Nice to see the challenge crew come up with something a little different.

An interesting episode.
Now I know why they showed so much Na in previous episodes, to really emphasize the complete change. Kudos to Alina for being nice to her. If I was in Alina's shoes, game or not, I would be a bytch to Na and try to get her voted out once she voiced giving up.
Oh so Marty reveals next week he is a chess master, he thinks so highly of himself.
Benry speaks!
Who is Michelle? I don't think there is anybody with that name. So true about the women playing more social game. I do like Jane, she seems fun, just not sure how much she is playing the game.
Holly seems to make alliances immediately.
Tyrone, I had liked him, but don't you know, being the leader/bossy gets you voted out.
And I was glad it was Tyrone. I do not like Na, but given the turnaround with this episode, I am anxious to see if she starts feeling better does the BSC come back?
I know from this board and TWOP some folks seem not too pleased, but there is something different this season and I am enjoying it. Lots of crazies and first impressions changing.
right now - Fabio, Kelly B, Alina or Jane for the win.

genevieve
10-14-2010, 04:13 AM
I only got to see half of the ep tonight - was very impressed with Jane in the immunity challenge. Was shocked at NaOnka behaving herself (I missed the first half though). But huge MEH!! to old guy (Dan?) saying he wants to leave next week :wall:

This is a really crappy season.

Prancer
10-14-2010, 06:18 AM
Who is Michelle? I don't think there is anybody with that name.

I meant Brenda :duh:. And not because I was confusing her with Michelle Kwan :lol:.

I do like Jane, she seems fun, just not sure how much she is playing the game.

I like Jane, too. ;) And I think she's playing at least a little; telling the youngins to watch out for Marty and Jill was a good move for her, especially since Marty decided to further put himself in the spotlight and essentially confirm the suspicions she planted.

Cupid
10-14-2010, 02:05 PM
I remember groaning and rolling my eyes when the show announced that they were going to have an older team and a younger team. And, boy, they really picked some decrepit older members didn't they? I knew it wasn't going to last long.
:rolleyes:

Jenny
10-14-2010, 02:44 PM
Meh, indeed. So far the worst season of Survivor in I can remember how long - maybe the first Brazil season.

FiveRinger
10-14-2010, 03:53 PM
Marty is a hot mess, to be sure. He had a lot of nerve talking about Jimmy T and his delusions of grandeur. I think Marty is having a few of his own.

Jenny
10-14-2010, 04:37 PM
Marty is a hot mess, to be sure. He had a lot of nerve talking about Jimmy T and his delusions of grandeur. I think Marty is having a few of his own.

Agree - I liked him at the beginning, but he's coming on WAY too strong.

Couple other things - it may be the editing, but I found it frustrating the way all the older players were completely spilling their beans to the younger players. In some cases - like Jane diverting attention from herself as the oldest of the old - it made some sense, but in most others, it smacked of "I want to be young and popular" to me. Could be the youngsters were doing it too, but we didn't see it.

Also, I'm getting REALLY tired of all the "I'm in control of this game" or "my alliance is in control of this game" - after all these years, do players actually think that is a smart thing to say, even if only to the camera? I have to wonder if the producers are feeding them the line - "do you think you are in control of the game?" "I think so" "please say it like that to the camera."

This season is making me :(

FiveRinger
10-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Also, I'm getting REALLY tired of all the "I'm in control of this game" or "my alliance is in control of this game" - after all these years, do players actually think that is a smart thing to say, even if only to the camera? I have to wonder if the producers are feeding them the line - "do you think you are in control of the game?" "I think so" "please say it like that to the camera."

This season is making me :(

Exactly! These survivors all appear to have been fans. They've all watched the game. Don't they know that it's an irreversible curse to say, at any point, that they are in control, my alliance is running things, any and all of the above in its various forms? All of the cockiness (on both tribes) is amazing. And can't but one person/group have control at a time. For all of these people to believe that they have the game and are gone makes them all delusional.