PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

jamesy
10-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Jeff's blog: (http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/30/jeff-probst-blogs-survivor-nicaragua-episode-3/)

Make no mistake, you are a villain. I don’t think anybody watching this season would disagree.

Squibble
10-01-2010, 11:52 PM
I wonder what Na'Onka's psychiatric evaluation for the show was like. I would be worried about having her stay in the game for 39 days. Did the evaluator and the producers conclude that she would be voted out before she snapped? (I also wonder about Shannon and Holly lasting that long, but, of course, Shannon has already lost his chance.)

Prancer
10-02-2010, 12:59 AM
I'll take y'all's words on it that Jill is being a great strategist. I am not impressed with her at this point - although getting the HII out in the open does undo a little of the damage she did when she essentially gave the idol to Marty.

I don't think she's a great stategist; basically handing someone else the idol is not great strategy. But I think she has made the choice to play an UTR game and that's part of her strategy there--to keep the attention focused on someone else.

I think it would be a lot smarter to have the idol in your pocket and have the attention on someone else--and it's not like there's a shortage of people demanding the spotlight on that tribe. The idea that giving the idol to Marty will pay dividends later is kinda nuts, IMO; the most likely thing to happen with the idol is that Marty will use it for himself.

Fridge_Break
10-02-2010, 01:50 AM
I wasn't really surprised to see Jimmy go.. I figured he'd probably be out before the merge. Although Marty and Jimmy T's obsession with getting him out has pushed them into the spotlight. I can only imagine that after Dan goes, one of these two might be the next target, especially since (assuming Dan goes next) the women would outnumber the men on the tribe.

NaOnka is quite a piece of work. As much as she is a bytch, I would loooove for her to stay around until about the F6, just to cause drama. Plus if that was the case, she'd be bounced just before the end of the game :D

I would have liked to see the challenge be set up where the players had to rotate with the tossing... one toss each, and go until all they hit all the targets. I think this would have been more interesting and would have given a chance for an unexpected 'hero' to emerge with a few great tosses. Or at least they could have required everyone to throw at least once.

PAskate
10-02-2010, 02:00 AM
I think Jill is playing the game. Apparently she's told everyone she's a nurse. She's actually a doctor. To me, that indicates that she is intentionally going for the UTR game.

She's not just a doctor; she's an ER physician at one of the hospitals in town. Being a successful ER doctor means she can definitely deal with stress, unusual situations, and all sorts of characters.

Squibble
10-02-2010, 05:56 AM
I don't think she's a great stategist; basically handing someone else the idol is not great strategy. But I think she has made the choice to play an UTR game and that's part of her strategy there--to keep the attention focused on someone else.

I think it would be a lot smarter to have the idol in your pocket and have the attention on someone else--and it's not like there's a shortage of people demanding the spotlight on that tribe. The idea that giving the idol to Marty will pay dividends later is kinda nuts, IMO; the most likely thing to happen with the idol is that Marty will use it for himself.

The idol can be a poisoned chalice. I can think of at least three contestants were blindsided specifically because they had the idol.

On Survivor: China, Todd gave James one idol and told him where to find the other. Todd eventually orchestrated James's blindside when James still had both idols in his possession.

On Survivor: Micronesia, Ozzy and Jason were tricked into believing they were safe and then voted off when they failed to play the idol.

I can easily imagine Espada (led by Jill) blindsiding Marty somewhere down the line.

orbitz
10-02-2010, 06:49 PM

It just seemed weak to me that she immediately ran to someone else and said here's where the idol is located. She could've at least said I know where the idol is, and I'm letting you in on my secret so that you will have my back, etc.

KHenry14
10-03-2010, 02:00 AM
The impression I got was that he realized that the game was really too much for him and he saw himself as a liability.

Now that makes sense to me. It's funny how they didn't really indicate that in the show, other than Jimmy admitting his weakness in the TC.

I'm not sold on Jill yet as a good player. But this is setting up for a great blindside of Marty should somebody have the smarts to pull it off. Maybe she can pull it off...

walei
10-04-2010, 03:21 AM
NaOnka NEEDs to be on the jury, or make it into the finals and cuss the jury out.

PeterG
10-04-2010, 03:39 AM
NaOnka NEEDs to be on the jury, or make it into the finals and cuss the jury out.

I'd like to see her rip into the final two (three) a la Sue Hawks! :lol:

dbell1
10-06-2010, 09:09 PM
Bumping since it's on tonight and I keep forgetting they switched. :lol:

Can't wait for the remaining 'older' males to start their "I'M A LEADER" war crying tonight. :watch:

Oh, and Fabio FTW! I want to watch Na's head pop off. :P

smurfy
10-07-2010, 03:35 AM
Yea, Jimmy T is gone. What a whiner. Just give me a chance coach. All talk, no action. Marty bugged me less than previously, but looks like next week upsets his plans.
Though Dan is the weakest, just glad Jimmy T is gone, so annoying.
Jill - still seems a bit wishy washy
Tyrone - doing well, seems in a good position.
Naonka - still BSC, very disturbing girl.
Brenda - seems pretty smart, but alliance with Naonka and not so bright Chase could hurt her
Nice to see a little of Kelly B and Alina - they seem normal, where was the rest of the young tribe?

sk8pics
10-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Naonka - still BSC, very disturbing girl.

What's BSC?

I am so glad Jimmy T is gone. All his whining, just give me a chance, and then when asked what he would have done differently, oh probably nothing! :huh:

And Na just needs to go. She is just too nasty. I wonder what she is like in real life.

smurfy
10-07-2010, 01:36 PM
What's BSC?

And Na just needs to go. She is just too nasty. I wonder what she is like in real life.

BSC - Bat Shit Crazy

And Na is a teacher! I would not want her near any children!

Cupid
10-07-2010, 02:13 PM
Jimmy T HAD to go! He wouldn't even listen to Tyrone's directions during the game, Tyrone would stay stop Jimmy and Jimmy would just continue on. WTF?

Didn't Naonka say she was from central Los Angeles? Feel sorry for whatever school district she teaches in. Can you imagine what her students are thinking watching her play this game? What kind of example is she setting hating on someone because they have an artificial limb?