PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

genevieve
09-23-2010, 05:42 AM
OMG that was an hour chock full of krazeeeeeeeeeee :lol: Kudos to the editors of this ep - certainly after all the Holly-izing it seemed we were going to get some regular game play. Turns out Holly is small potatoes compared to the younger tribe :eek:

Although I'd say Holly is even MORE annoying than Wendy was :shuffle:

Good grief, where to start with those whippersnappers? Fabio is out to lunch, but he may end up being my favorite. Chase is an idiot. Brenda is not very impressive, with her "I don't have to do anything, people just want to be in alliances with me!", although clearly she knows how to work the game. I mean, how that whole mess at tribal had people not trusting Shannon rather than Chase was pretty awesome, and I don't think Chase is the one who sold it. Shannon - man, his explosion at first was odd, but I think he could have recovered. But WTF was with his whole gay thing?!? I wanna know more about the whole TC, cause I get the impression there was a lot more going on. Add in hyper sensitive, argumentative NaOnka and this tribe is in utter implosion mode (and seriously, why is NaOnka so obsessed with Kelly B's leg?!?).

Can't wait for next week. Wheee Survivor!

FiveRinger
09-23-2010, 05:52 AM
OMG--that tribal council was absolutely hysterical. I'm still laughing....I have to come back to comment on my thoughts about the game. It was too much. I can say, as a result, that the older tribe has the advantage. With the exception of Holly, most of them seem stable. Keeping your faculties is definitely the biggest challenge in Survivor.

(and seriously, why is NaOnka so obsessed with Kelly B's leg?!?).

I don't know. But this girl is far from stable. First she says she's going to blame her for losing the challenge if her leg falls off. Then in the previews for next week she threatens to push her hard enough to make it fly off. WTF??:wideeyes: Although watching her tell Fabio she didn't like him and his reaction to her was priceless!!

genevieve
09-23-2010, 06:10 AM
I just made the mistake of reading bios on all the players. :scream: Ignorance is bliss...

Squibble
09-23-2010, 06:46 AM
:lol:

That may have been the best early-season episode of Survivor ever!

I love how La Flor has been showing up for challenges with well-rehearsed chants and choreography, and then it turns out that they have have as much cohesion as a clowder of cats!

I'm guessing there won't be much chanting next time!

:watch:

Sally1214
09-23-2010, 07:03 AM
And, so goes Shannon. One of the physically strongest competitors. Too bad he's such a homophobe. Really shot himself in the foot at Tribal Council. This show is just SO entertaining, after all these years ....

halffull
09-23-2010, 12:18 PM
Both the old and the young tribes are full of mental cases loonatics.

You can say that again!!!

zaphyre14
09-23-2010, 01:59 PM
Of the younger tribe, I'm finding that Fabio is the most likeable, sort of like a really cute puppy that you can't housebreak. The rest of them are just insane.

So far I like the Old Folks better as a group, with the exception of Jimmy T the Grouch but I suspect that's more because I can tell them apart better than the homogeonous Youngsters.

Jenny
09-23-2010, 02:28 PM
That single episode had more drama than this entire past season of Big Brother had in 3 months. I love it.

You can say that again!

For the last several seasons, they've been told that they are told to dress for a publicity shoot and then dumped at camp. And since they actually DO do a lot of publicity shoots over several days, they never know how to plan.

I know it was like that in the past, but are they still doing that? Since Brazil, the teams have had colour-coordinated clothing (which has been handy in early eps for telling tribes apart I must say), and they do again this time.

Shannon came across as a narrow-minded, semi-racist/homophobic bully. Good riddance.

He also had a bad attitude toward women - absolutely good riddance.

Good grief, where to start with those whippersnappers? Fabio is out to lunch, but he may end up being my favorite. Chase is an idiot. Brenda is not very impressive, with her "I don't have to do anything, people just want to be in alliances with me!", although clearly she knows how to work the game. I mean, how that whole mess at tribal had people not trusting Shannon rather than Chase was pretty awesome, and I don't think Chase is the one who sold it. Shannon - man, his explosion at first was odd, but I think he could have recovered. But WTF was with his whole gay thing?!? I wanna know more about the whole TC, cause I get the impression there was a lot more going on. Add in hyper sensitive, argumentative NaOnka and this tribe is in utter implosion mode (and seriously, why is NaOnka so obsessed with Kelly B's leg?!?).

Agree re Fabio - and yet he does seem to have moments of clarity, as he did when Shannon was going off at TC.

I like Brenda (as a player) - yeah she's bragging a bit, but her power over men and others seems to be real. We've had so many players over the years who claim they will flirt their way to the top, and so few who can actually pull it off. I think Brenda can, in a less aggressive way that Parvarti did.

And you're right - WHAT is with NaOnka's obsession with that leg? It's BIZARRE.

I love how La Flor has been showing up for challenges with well-rehearsed chants and choreography, and then it turns out that they have have as much cohesion as a clowder of cats!

I love that - and would love to know who's idea it was, and who's been orchestrating it. Might tell us alot.

I'm glad we pvr Survivor to watch later in the evening, because we had to rewind so many times during TC - did he really just say that? :lol:

sk8er1964
09-23-2010, 02:50 PM
That tribal was awesome. :lol:

I found it interesting that Chase voted for Brenda in the end. Good thing she won't know that.

Count me as one who agrees with the Fabio/puppy anaology. He's kind of cute in a goofy way.

Sparks
09-23-2010, 03:01 PM
Survivor is great!
Line of the night: Tyrone says, "I'll keep one eye on her and the other on my shoes".
There were just too many good ones from TC. Glad Shannon is gone. :encore:

Sassafras
09-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Great tribal council Check out Jeff's blog (http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/09/23/jeff-probst-blogs-survivor-nicaragua-episode-2/).

Habs
09-23-2010, 03:35 PM
Two episodes in and I'm loving it! Wheeeee! :encore:

Probst's blog is hilarious! Love this:

While we’re at it – Naonka, there’s still plenty of room in this doghouse, so come on in and plop it. I’ll even give you a bone to chew on since you’ve been yapping like a dog these first two episodes.

and this:

Naonka, as far as wanting to make sure that nobody thinks you’re a bitch…. Girl, it’s too late. That ship has sailed.

genevieve
09-23-2010, 04:14 PM
And, so goes Shannon. One of the physically strongest competitors.

I found it interesting that this really didn't come up, at least not in what we saw. Usually this early people are freaking out about keeping the physically strong players. I don't even think the decision to vote for Brenda over Chase was based on his physicality (which it would have been usually). I think they just saw that Brenda held the power in that relationship. but even jeff didn't say anything about them voting off one of their strongest players, did he? I think he was as :wideeyes: as the rest of them (and us!) at Shannon's meltdown.

I worry that NaOnka is going to try to rip Kelly B's leg off during a competition. Or steal it when Kelly B is in the water. The girl is obsessed.

There are still some players I can't sort out, but so far I'm liking:

Kelly B
Brenda
sash
The chick who overheard Chase and Brenda
I thought I'd like Benry, but after reading his bio, I don't care if he's the best player they've ever had on the show, I want him gone.

Tyrone
Jill
Marty
Jane
Jimmy J (although his coaching may get old)

pretty much the only player on the older team I don't like at all is Holly. And probably Jimmy T.

Jenny
09-23-2010, 04:59 PM
I just checked Benry's bio - I can't watch the video, but the quiz part seemed tame enough - what's put you off him?

I also like Marty and Tyrone as both seem quite smart and game savvy, and Brenda as I think there's a very good player in there.

ETA - I meant to ask everyone - doesn't Kelly B look a lot like Evan??

Squibble
09-23-2010, 05:43 PM

I love that - and would love to know who's idea it was, and who's been orchestrating it. Might tell us alot.

I presume Brenda was deeply involved. She's a former Miami Dolphins cheerleader. If so, her ability to get everyone to go along with the idea might be one more reason why Shannon and Alina didn't trust her.