PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37

jamesy
12-20-2010, 04:54 PM
it sounds like one of the many RW/RR challenges
Does this mean they are all going to have sex with each other?

my little pony
12-20-2010, 05:04 PM
the miz and trishelle just thought that they may need to call their agents and they dont know why

Jenny
12-20-2010, 05:07 PM
Does this mean they are all going to have sex with each other?

No idea what you mean, but I'll take it as an opportunity to comment on this new twist :P

At first blush, I don't like it on two principles - one is that I've always believed when you are gone you are gone (maybe another season, but not in the current game) on Survivor and Big Brother. The second is that especially in the early stages, it's more precious air time away from the main action and character development, which especially this season, was a major problem already.

I'm also a little panicked that the producers appear to be flailing a bit - I had really felt that especially by Brazil (when JT won), they had this thing down pat, relying on a solid premise, creative casting and interesting challenges, with the odd tiny tweek to keep things interesting.

But now they seem to be desperately looking around for new twists - are ratings that far down? Are they in danger of cancellation? Are the producers just bored, or is some hotshot network executive pushing them?

We had the wand of power, fail; we had the younger/older, didn't really work; we had harder to find HII but they were a non-factor this season; they messed up with Naonka and Kelly and have been forced to change the rules but won't tell us what those new rules are; we have this rumour of Russell and Rob; and now Redemption Island.

I fear we're going way off course here, but of course you know I'll be right here starting Feb 16. :lol:

Catherine M
12-20-2010, 05:21 PM
I didn't watch the last three seasons but I'm planning on giving the new season a chance, just to see how this new "twist" works. Sounds like it could add alot to the game. Or be the worst thing since Russell appeared on my TV and I tuned out his original season after episode one!!

sk8er1964
12-20-2010, 05:27 PM
Fabio interview (http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/12/20/survivor-nicaragua-winner-fabio/), Dude!

Squibble
12-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Fabio interview (http://insidetv.ew.com/2010/12/20/survivor-nicaragua-winner-fabio/), Dude!

Letís be honest, you donít exactly give off an Einstein vibe. So how nice was it to win those two puzzle challenges at the end to show people ó people like me, I might add ó that you indeed really do have some smarts?

Yeah, man. Iíve been in a gifted program since I was five-years-old and that one Survivor puzzle was like special recognition stuff.

Dude! :summer:

jamesy
12-20-2010, 05:46 PM
Didn't they do something similar to Redemption before? When the scout troop leader came back and made it to F2?

Habs
12-20-2010, 05:48 PM
Didn't they do something similar to Redemption before? When the scout troop leader came back and made it to F2?

That was the outcast twist in Pearl Islands.
The first 6 (?) players voted out formed a tribe to compete in a challenge. Because they won, two people were voted back into the game.

Spareoom
12-20-2010, 06:33 PM
I don't think it was the twist itself that was so bad, but that it was sprung on the players during the middle of the game, hence a lot of anger and animosity towards the outcasts who made it back into the game. Now, they all know up front that being voted out does not necessarily end that person's game, so I'm actually really looking forward to seeing the strategy that will come out of that.

sk8er1964
12-20-2010, 06:37 PM
Probst mentioned in his blog that the other problem with that season was that the returnees had been well feed and housed while they were out of the game. This time around they will be enduring the same conditions as the others, if not worse because they are alone.

Jenny
12-20-2010, 06:41 PM
I wonder if this could lead to some strategizing about who to vote out when - say if a really strong player is voted out who no one wants back, then they are careful to have the next vote out someone who could beat them on Redemption Island.

Or, if it's close to merge or whenever this is over, a strong player volunteers or is sacrificed to go and beat down whoever they think is still there, and get back in the game. Unlikely, but with so many cocky players in recent seasons, someone just might do it.

Jeff's blog says give it a chance for six eps, so I expect something will happen on ep 6.

genevieve
12-20-2010, 06:42 PM
I actually liked the Outcast twist :shuffle:

Jenny, this show has always added new twists every few seasons. Some of them work, some don't, but it's not like Survivor had stayed the same up until JT won. I think they do it, not because ratings are down or they are in danger of cancellation, but to stay ahead of the curve and not get stale.

I'm not a fan of the idea of Redemption Island either, but I'm willing to see how it plays out. I do agree that taking time in the beginning away from the players who are still there to focus on battles of eliminated players is annoying, but we'll see. Sounds better than Exile Island, anyway :lol:

And oh, Fabio :lol: spatial recognition. Spatial. :P

Squibble
12-20-2010, 07:06 PM
And oh, Fabio :lol: spatial recognition. Spatial. :P

That's probably a mistake by someone at EW. :P

Which reminds me: Benry said on his voiceover that if he hadn't been voted off, he could have won all the remaining immunity challenges, as long as there weren't any puzzles. :rofl:

Prancer
12-20-2010, 11:07 PM
Even without prancer's explanations, I don't think that was the case. I did think, however, that Alina's insistence on giving the million to a "man" and then her complete votegasm over Chase when casting her vote was both :huh: and :blah:.

ITA. I don't think there is any indication that anyone thought Sash wasn't "manly." Alina's comment was a dig at Fabio and his gameplay, not at Sash.

Squibble
12-20-2010, 11:53 PM
Another interview with the winner (http://www.fancast.com/blogs/2010/tv-news/survivor-nicaragua-champion-interview-judson-fabio-birza/)

A really good explanation of what he was doing out there and how he managed to win. Also a good explanation of why Sash didn't get any votes.

And I like this bit, on Purple Kelly and Sash at the Final Tribal Council:

Yeah, it’s his tone of voice. It’s always the same. You can tell he works in the business world. In the final Tribal Council, they didn’t show this, but Purple Kelly said “If you give another diplomatic answer we’re going to tune out and not listen.”

Purple Kelly! :rofl: :respec: :kickass:

Who knew?