PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

Fridge_Break
09-17-2010, 04:32 AM
I think some of these older women might do quite well this season. A few of them got edited well in the first episode. In fact, I think a lot of the women did.. and this is the first season/episode in, well.. since I can remember.. where the women were just as, if not more visible and prominent than the men. I guess it also helps that Russell wasn't there to hog all the camera time.

I think I'm liking the Medallion of Power. I like that when it's used, it goes to the other tribe. I'm (again) sooo over the immunity idol, although I'm astronomically glad that they made the clues a lot harder. Also, interesting that we didn't see who got the clues from the older tribe. Perhaps that means that it's never found/never played/doesn't affect the game on their side? Although, I think it's good to note that it was (I believe) Jimmy J and Holly that announced to the tribe the tree mail for the immunity challenge. We don't know, however, if they were the first ones to check the tree mail/get water... So, who knows what's going on with the older tribe.

genevieve
09-17-2010, 05:28 AM
I think the Medallion of Power is stupid :shuffle:

PeterG
09-17-2010, 04:39 PM
I think the Medallion of Power is stupid :shuffle:

I assume it's to keep one team from dominating the other. Which is sometimes interesting, but usually boring (as in Big Brother this summer).

I can see some people seeing it as a bit unfair, but for the most part I think it's unstupid. :)

KHenry14
09-17-2010, 05:00 PM
There's a differentce between athletic achievement outside of Survivor and inside the game. One wonders if Kelly will be able to handle the unusual type of events that the show features. Clearly Burnett does or he wouldn't have cast her, but I still wonder. And you can be darn sure that her tribemates will be watching that element closely.

Jenny
09-18-2010, 02:25 PM
Just saw it last night - we thought production-wise it was a weak opening (new editors/writers?), but were delighted to find so many "real" people in the cast.

vv interesting that Kelly thinks she'll be targeted for being potentially weak, but that savvy cutthroat players are more worried about her getting sympathy votes.

Anyone buying Jimmy J's pitch that he's knows he can't win, is here for the adventure, and wants to help someone else win? I DON'T. You do not spend your entire life in elite football and get two Super Bowl rings unless you are highly, highly competitive. I'm sure the adventure etc etc is important to him, but in the end, this guy wants to WIN.

I'm hating Shannon on the younger tribe - what a dick. So far I'm enjoying the sneaky manipulative Dolphins cheerleader though, and hopefully can look forward to her playing Shannon right up until his demise.

:cheer: for Jane - she's almost an America's player - for all of us who have spent the last 20 seasons at home saying we'd do exactly what she just did and invest two months in learning to make fire before going on the show. I bet she was sekretly thrilled that her tribe kept the medallion so she could do it for them!

El Rey
09-18-2010, 09:38 PM
J

Anyone buying Jimmy J's pitch that he's knows he can't win, is here for the adventure, and wants to help someone else win? I DON'T. You do not spend your entire life in elite football and get two Super Bowl rings unless you are highly, highly competitive. I'm sure the adventure etc etc is important to him, but in the end, this guy wants to WIN.

I'm wondering what he would do with the money if he won. Would he donate it to charity? Give it to the runner-up if they're deserving?

Eden
09-23-2010, 01:24 AM
Holly is one crazy swim coach... not enough that she steals Dan's shoes and throws them into water after she filled them up with sand, but then she goes on telling it to Dan, who wasted 1600 $ on those shoes... :eek:
Both the old and the young tribes are full of mental cases loonatics.

Fridge_Break
09-23-2010, 01:31 AM
I want to know what the heck Dan was thinking with taking $1600 shoes with him to Nicaragua.

Eden
09-23-2010, 01:58 AM
He thought he could change them for immunity idol?! ;)

timing
09-23-2010, 02:07 AM
There was a lot of self destruction in that tribal council. It is going to be hard for the younger tribe to pull itself together now.

Fridge_Break
09-23-2010, 02:08 AM
That single episode had more drama than this entire past season of Big Brother had in 3 months. I love it.

smurfy
09-23-2010, 03:49 AM
That single episode had more drama than this entire past season of Big Brother had in 3 months. I love it.

What a freakin hilarious episode. Both tribes have BSC people (Bat Sh$% Crazy). I don't who is the craziest, Nay, Holly, Jud/Fabio or Shannon???
Kudos to the casting department this season.
And some of the others don't seem so crazy compared to those already mentioned, but I think there are ones to take these folks place when they get voted out.
The older tribe seems to have too many Type As and the younger tribe is still in junior high.
:watch::encore:

orbitz
09-23-2010, 04:17 AM
I just saw the first episode on the CBS site. Wendy Jo was :eek:. Talk about digging your own grave, LOL.

It's funny that the camera had to pixilate the crotches of all the young guys walking around in their underwear. Wouldn't walking around like that be distracting for everyone in the tribe? I don't know why they didn't pack swim trunks or something more modest for the island.

Prancer
09-23-2010, 04:20 AM
I want to know what the heck Dan was thinking with taking $1600 shoes with him to Nicaragua.

They are told to bring a lot of clothes, some for the game, some for after boot travel/jury duty and some for publicity photos, and then producers go through their stuff and tell them what to wear when.

For the last several seasons, they've been told that they are told to dress for a publicity shoot and then dumped at camp. And since they actually DO do a lot of publicity shoots over several days, they never know how to plan.

What a freakin hilarious episode. Both tribes have BSC people (Bat Sh$% Crazy). I don't who is the craziest, Nay, Holly, Jud/Fabio or Shannon???

My vote is for Shannon, who has been all over the internet in the last week in total violation of his CBS contract. He didn't talk about the game, but that fact that he was running around told everyone that he was this week's boot. A real loose cannon, that one. It was probably a good idea to get rid of him, even if he is a big, strapping male.

I'm sure no one will be surprised to know that his posts are semi-literate and full of swearing and insults. The Friends of Boo are not exactly the classiest guys out there.

According to the main spoiler du jour, who has to be in or know someone in CBS production, Holly has the highest IQ of the cast. Kinda hard to believe, but more evidence that IQ is just one ingredient in a personality.

NaOnka is a real piece of work. *I* want to smack her and I don't even have to live with her.

Kasey
09-23-2010, 05:02 AM
Shannon came across as a narrow-minded, semi-racist/homophobic bully. Good riddance.

Naonka is a psycho b*tch. Period, end of story. Fabio is just stupid.

And Holly is up there with bat-burying Jan and Kookie Kathy from seasons past as a total dumbass looney. Which makes for fun watching, but I pity the team that has to live with it.