PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

jamesy
12-17-2010, 11:58 PM
From wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_(TV_series)) (so take from it as you would other wiki articles):

In the event of a tie before there are four contestants remaining, a revote among the non-tied contestants will occur, in which the only candidates for elimination are the tied players. If the revote does not resolve the tie, the tied players are granted immunity and the non-tied players (except anyone who has won individual immunity) are forced to choose rocks out of a bag without looking; the player who chooses the differently colored rock is eliminated.

If the above is correct then the revote would have been immediately between Jane & Holly. If it got to purple rock stage, it sounds like only Jane, Holly and Fabio would have been safe. It doesn't sound like HII would protect from the purple rock. (And it shouldn't, since in its current incarnation it's really more of a vote nullifier than actual immunity.)

Prancer
12-18-2010, 12:19 AM
No one seems to be addressing the fact that Jane wouldn't have known she was on the way out and would not have been angry enough to put out the fire if the other people weren't stupid enough to tell her that she was toast in the first place. Why bother doing that? How did they think she'd react?

Hmm, well, I think it was smarter to tell Jane than not tell Jane. At this point in the game, it's all about the jury vote.

So let's say that you are Chase, Holly and Sash, and you think you've got the game in the bag and will be the final three. That means that you all want Jane's vote and she will have to vote for one of you, whether she likes it or not.

So....do you blindside her at TC and send her off to Ponderosa in a towering rage, saying who knows what, or do you tell her early enough that you can try to soften the blow, explain your reasoning and pitch your case to her that it's not personal, you're sorry, you are telling her because you respect her as a person and a player, and you hope that she will realize in a couple of days that you were just playing the game but hope she will understand? You may have to deal with a temper tantrum in camp, but you can maybe control the message that goes to the rest of the jury.

This is especially critical, IMO, if you individually promised Jane that you would tell her if she was up for the vote, because you KNOW Jane will hold a grudge if you don't.

Jane won't be happy either way, so you take that for granted and go from there. They probably would have been better off if they hadn't told her about half an hour before TC and she had had some time to come to grips with it, but I don't think they really decided until then.

ETA: I just watched all the Insider videos :eek:. Chase told Jane he didn't take her on the reward because he and Sash trusted her more than Holly and they thought they needed to keep Holly away from Dan and Fabio because she was likely to flip. He absolutely trusted Jane to be loyal to the end. Blah blah. She must have felt completely reassured right up until that confrontation in the woods. She was feeding him extra food on the sly to keep him strong for challenges, so she thought he owed her. She asked him to give her his HII because he had the immunity necklace and he refused because he was afraid it would make Holly and Sash turn on him, and he thinks Holly is better for his game than Jane. Chase says that he can't think about jury votes, just about getting ahead.

Oh, Chase. You really are dumber than a bag of hammers. You gotta think about getting ahead AND getting jury votes.

And Dan wasn't playing Jane after Chase left her behind; he really was mad at Chase on her behalf and goes on quite a :eek: rant about it. But his plan is to either blindside Chase or get Chase to take him to the finals because no one will give him any money and then beat Chase in the vote. Well, maybe if you go up against Chase, Dan, but I really think anyone else could beat you at this point.

Someone on Sucks said that Holly flipped out at the beginning of the season because she was was addicted to sleeping pills and had to go cold turkey for the show? Shades of Shane Powers flipping out in Panama because he was in nicotine withdrawal.

Ares
12-18-2010, 05:06 AM
From wikipedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survivor_(TV_series)) (so take from it as you would other wiki articles):

If the above is correct then the revote would have been immediately between Jane & Holly. If it got to purple rock stage, it sounds like only Jane, Holly and Fabio would have been safe. It doesn't sound like HII would protect from the purple rock. (And it shouldn't, since in its current incarnation it's really more of a vote nullifier than actual immunity.)It would be interesting how that would be handled. It is an immunity idol, so it doesn't seem right that if you go through the trouble of finding it, then playing it at the right time, there is still a chance you could go home at that same TC.

victoriajh
12-18-2010, 05:14 AM
If I understood you correctly, you're asking how Chase go Imunity Idol? Naonka gave it to him before leaving. She said she was grateful for always being on her side.

no onthe last reward wile on the boat i thought i saw chace with a note he found in the food- did i imagine it? ( which could be cause I am wiped out right now!)

Prancer
12-18-2010, 05:20 AM
no onthe last reward wile on the boat i thought i saw chace with a note he found in the food- did i imagine it? ( which could be cause I am wiped out right now!)

That was a clue for finding the hidden immunity idol. The producers plant clues on schedule, even if the idols are already found, because they never know who knows the idols have been found and who doesn't.

I am not sure why they bothered to show that unless it was so we could see Chase telling the guests that he and Sash have the idols--and I'm not sure why we needed to see that, either.

victoriajh
12-18-2010, 06:14 AM
That was a clue for finding the hidden immunity idol. The producers plant clues on schedule, even if the idols are already found, because they never know who knows the idols have been found and who doesn't.

I am not sure why they bothered to show that unless it was so we could see Chase telling the guests that he and Sash have the idols--and I'm not sure why we needed to see that, either.

that is weird- i dont remember them getting any clues on other reward challenges recently- so even though it was the last time it could be used AND both had been found they still left the clue- did chase read it? maybe it was something different!

BaileyCatts
12-18-2010, 09:03 AM
.......- did chase read it? maybe it was something different!

Going totally by memory of only watching it once, the impression I had at the time was that it was a standard clue to HII that would have shown up in this reward regardless if they had been found at all. Since they, right during that same scene, started telling the family members that both Sash and Chase had the HII's, I figured they didn't bother showing us Chase actually reading the clue because it was like pointless to the story, since they already found both.

Does that make sense? Its 4 am and I've slept like 4 hours in the last 10 days. I'm :yawn:.

Oh .... and go Fabio. :P

DaveRocks
12-20-2010, 01:01 AM
Grrr... the finale is starting late due to football. Anyone know what time 60 minutes began?

sk8er1964
12-20-2010, 01:08 AM
Too late. Way too late, as usual. Welcome to Amazing Race fan hell. :mad:

Allen
12-20-2010, 01:09 AM
I was more aggravated because it was going to cause Survivor to cut into the drama on Real Housewives of Atlanta tonight :shuffle:

DaveRocks
12-20-2010, 01:11 AM
According to CBS, it's now meant to start 18 minutes late.

sk8er1964
12-20-2010, 01:12 AM
Andy Rooney is on 60 Minutes now. That means it's almost over. A few mintues more.

DaveRocks
12-20-2010, 01:35 AM
YES for Fabio!!!! Good for him for winning the challenge despite being so far behind.

(Is it OK to post what is going on?)

Kasey
12-20-2010, 01:38 AM
Wow, tonight's the finale? Guess I'll watch it online tomorrow.

marbri
12-20-2010, 01:51 AM
Wow. First signs of life from Dan all season, just didn't expect him to be a whiney brat :lol: