PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

marbri
12-16-2010, 03:06 PM
Dan - yes I agree that was some smart manipulation of Jane after the reward. I wish they’d shown us more of his gameplay now that he’s made it this far. They’ve given us a very one-dimensional portrayal (“he’s weak, can’t win anything, therefore not a threat in any way”), but surely there must be a bit more to his game. Even if he doesn’t win, or make it to F3, they should be showing us his part in other players’ games.

Jane – 56?? Ouch! Anyway, glad she’s gone – she’s petty and hypocritical (yes she did say she’d do all the things she accused the others of to win, and now she’s bitter because they did it better than her) – and yes I also do think she was played by Fabio. And Dan. I too would also like to know why everyone thinks she’d win hands down.

About Dan. THe recap episode week I thought they showed a very different Dan from the one we see each week that for that one night I thought Dan was playing a very good social game and seemed to be liked by most. He had a personality that night that hasn't been seen in all the other episodes combined. So I can only conclude he has no impact on the final result of this game regardless of whether he is sitting in final three or Jury.

And now with Jane. They have hit us over the head with the fact that nobody wanted to be sitting in the final three against Jane so I am guessing now that is because whoever they favoured in place of Jane makes final three and steals some, maybe enough, jury votes to win. My first instinct is to say it's Holly because I naturally want to compare the two but I guess the other option is Fabio.

I'll go out on a limb and predict Holly wins and what tips me to Holly over Fabio is that they showed Jeff trying to get the other three to band together and get rid of her and they didn't.

Which probably means Fabio will win :lol:

Just throwing in my official guess before the finale. I have read ZERO spoilers so don't read anything into this. My track record for guessing this show correctly is ZERO. It's just the first time I can do so without cheating so I'm going for it :D

purple skates
12-16-2010, 03:10 PM
Actually, it was Jeff's mother trying to change the vote. Good cover Jeff. :rolleyes::lol:

Luv your post. Yes it was Jeff's mother.

:confused: Can you guys please explain? I don't get this.

ETA - never mind. I just read Jeff's blog.

MarieM
12-16-2010, 04:22 PM
I so wish it's Fabio/Jud who wins this all !!!

walei
12-16-2010, 04:37 PM
Having avoided all of the spoilers here is my prediction:

Dan is the next to go, there is no way he can win an immunity challenge.

Fabio is next.

At F3's final tribal council, Chase will bomb so epically he will put Amanda to shame.

No one really pays attention to Sash but he'll get a few votes.

Holly then will win it all because she's the most likable of the three to the jury.

Then BSC NaOnka will say something hilarious at the live reunion show complete with Jiffy Pop's eye roll... and for some reason Jane will win America's choice for best player of the season.

Prancer
12-16-2010, 05:44 PM
Tinami - blame it all on Richard Hatch. He was the one that started an alliance and won!

Yes, but Mark Burnett has said many times that they knew people would eventually figure out that that was the way to win the game. They just expected it to take a few seasons, while Hatch figured it out on the plane ride to the island.

The game was pitched to CBS as office politics in the actual jungle. It was always intended to be a social game in a stressful environment.

I too don't recall what happened with the scroll Chase found on the boat - what did it say? Did they tell us? Can't be anything game changing at this point, but now it's bugging me.

I think they said it was an immunity idol clue and so pointless?

I too would also like to know why everyone thinks she’d win hands down.

There's a clip of Dan talking about Jane in one of the past Insider vids where he talks about how she is the most sympathetic character because she's struggled so hard all her life, her husband just died and she works so hard around camp. Her nickname was Survivor MacGyver.

Marty also said that if she made the finals, HE would vote for her, which is probably in the backs of everyone's minds, too.

I think Jane is the poorest person on the show, financially speaking; the others are all comfortably middle class or better. And while she has her flaws, I think there was a lot of respect for her camping skills and affection for her as a person--or was until this TC, anyway.

Dan seems like a real sweetie :).

Jane is disappointingly perky and nice with everyone at Ponderosa, even Marty :lol:. She makes everyone peach cobbler. marbri will be crushed. She's still bitter, but she's not the only one.

orbitz
12-16-2010, 06:02 PM
Dan seems like a real sweetie :).

Didn't he call Chase a "scumbag" for not picking him and his cute son for the final reward outing?

Dan is the next to go, there is no way he can win an immunity challenge.

Fabio is next.

Now that Fabio has shown that he can win the immunity challenge, Holly-Chase-Sash needs to get rid of him before Dan. Although it would be fun to see Dan go next week and then Fabio wins the immunity idol again.

Jenny
12-16-2010, 06:02 PM
I think they said it was an immunity idol clue and so pointless?

Ah, so that must've been right before they told the family who had them. But why on earth provide a clue when both had been found two weeks earlier?

Also, thanks for the rundown on why Jane would get votes; makes sense.

Jenny
12-16-2010, 06:06 PM
Now that Fabio has shown that he can win the immunity challenge, Holly-Chase-Sash needs to get rid of him before Dan. Although it would be fun to see Dan go next week and then Fabio wins the immunity idol again.

Fabio has been strong in challenges from the beginning.

The bigger danger IMO is having Chase around to potentially win the final immunity, because his track record to date would indicate that neither Holly nor Sash can count on him taking them to the end.

Squibble
12-16-2010, 06:11 PM
The bigger danger IMO is having Chase around to potentially win the final immunity, because his track record to date would indicate that neither Holly nor Sash can count on him taking them to the end.

But you can bet he's promised them that he will. :shuffle:

Prancer
12-16-2010, 06:30 PM
Didn't he call Chase a "scumbag" for not picking him and his cute son for the final reward outing?

Yeah? People are human; are they not allowed moments of frustration, anger and annoyance?

No one is nice all the time.

KHenry14
12-16-2010, 07:04 PM
At this point I'm hoping for a Sash, Fabio, Holly finale, as each of them can make a case for winning it all. If Dan makes it to the final three I find it hard to believe that he could make much of a case for himself. And Chase has pissed off so many jury members I can't see him garnering too many votes.

Jane's Final TC question or comment should be pretty interesting. :eek:

marbri
12-16-2010, 09:43 PM
Jane is disappointingly perky and nice with everyone at Ponderosa, even Marty :lol:. She makes everyone peach cobbler. marbri will be crushed. She's still bitter, but she's not the only one.

Damn. Now I have nothing to look forward to this friday :(

Prancer
12-16-2010, 10:19 PM
Damn. Now I have nothing to look forward to this friday :(

Maybe you can watch them now instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyaqd04jsvo&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msLRU8idXb4&feature=related

PML at the editing of Jane's and Sash's voting comments: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQ49dCJxpeY&feature=related

Jenny
12-16-2010, 10:51 PM
Here's what I'm wondering - I know you can't share the prize money or make deals to do so. But what if you were to offer your own money in some way? Or buy a gift (didn't Tina buy Colby a motorcycle?), or take people on a trip (a bunch of BB players had planned for the winner to take them all on a ski holiday)?

They're free to use immunity idols and their votes to negotiate deals all they want, so it would be interesting to see exactly where the line is drawn. Sash may have been sincere in that he has some money and could help her out, and all he wanted in return was her vote - that's not technically an offer to share prize money.

sk8pics
12-17-2010, 11:17 AM
So glad Jane is out!

The motto of the show is "Outwit. Outplay. Outlast." It isn't "Pull together. Stand by each other. Sing Kumbaya."
I guess Jane thought the show motto applied to her and not to everyone else. I was :eek: when she dumped water on the fire. What a mean streak she has.

I actually hope that Chase makes the final TC because I think his answers could be hilarious and likely to provoke much :confused::rolleyes:.