PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

rjblue
12-16-2010, 04:19 AM
Chase's game is over. So Sash, Fab or Holly should want to take Dan and Chase to the F3.
Yes, in spite of the skillful way Jeff made them talk about it at tribal council, voting Jane out was the right choice. Jane was a stronger threat than Holly to win the immunity idol, and she and Holly would be the two most difficult to beat for the million dollars. Sash and Holly "might" stick together to show the jury that they were the cleverest at manipulating the vote, but unless they win immunity, I'd guess they'll be the next to go.

Ares
12-16-2010, 04:25 AM
So Jeff really was trying to change the vote tonight.Actually, it was Jeff's mother trying to change the vote. Good cover Jeff. :rolleyes::lol:

I wanted Jane gone so I was screaming shut up Jeff! That was followed by screaming one of you idiots give Holly your idol!

Turns out Jane votes for Sash and nobody votes for Holly..huh? Ok

Jane is gone. :cheer2: What is her obsession with everyone's parenting skills?

Chase is lucky he's pretty because he's as dumb as a stump

victoriajh
12-16-2010, 05:21 AM
ok i was wathcing and i did not see waht the note chase found said- was it another immunity idol? and how come he never shared it with holly and sash?
i so want fabio to win - i lurve him!

Fridge_Break
12-16-2010, 05:48 AM
While I have liked Jane a lot throughout this entire series, and I do feel really bad for what happened to her in this episode, I have to give her a huge "good riddance" as she exits. Earlier in the series she was shown saying how she would lie, cheat, steal, backstab, etc, whatever it takes to win the million. Yet tonight she ripped apart Holly, Chase, and Sash for being "liars and backstabbers." Quite a bit of hypocricy, there. But, like I said, I realize that she was very upset with the change of events, and I think a lot of that was said in spite. It's probably going to take her a long time to get over what happened, so she'll probably have quite a colorful final tribal council questioning session. It's unfortunate that she had such a negative exit, because I think she was very high in the running to win the fan-favorite vote. After tonight, I'd be surprised if she gets it (unless a majority of the voters feel sorry for her?), and I really don't know who would be the one to get it now. Fabio? He's probably the most popular on here.

I hope Holly wins. She's been playing an excellent game.

victoriajh
12-16-2010, 05:56 AM
does any one know waht the big "change" in the game next season is? Jeff mentioned it on his twitter .....

Prancer
12-16-2010, 06:10 AM
does any one know waht the big "change" in the game next season is? Jeff mentioned it on his twitter .....

You don't really want to know. I believe someone has mentioned it before on this board, but.....

Next season is supposed to be Boston Rob versus Russell

See? I told you you didn't want to know. That's the rumor, anyway.

MarieM
12-16-2010, 06:16 AM
It's a spoiler but here you go :
Russel and Boston Rob are team captains next season, until the reunion. Then they'll be fair game for anyone to vote out:D

Tinami Amori
12-16-2010, 06:32 AM
ok i was wathcing and i did not see waht the note chase found said- was it another immunity idol? and how come he never shared it with holly and sash?

If I understood you correctly, you're asking how Chase go Imunity Idol? Naonka gave it to him before leaving. She said she was grateful for always being on her side.

I have a question...... I don't claim to understand the dynamics ever. To me "survivor game" is about "surviving on a deserted island", and it does not mean "human games" of sick minds (it is a sick mind, because when you can pull 10 people together and build a fishing pond, like Arawak Indians used to make and get food, you don't go gossiping and weaving webs against each other, that does not get you food)..... but I am sort of trying to..... understand.... so here is the question:

I don’t understand why Dan, Fabio and Jane did not vote for Holly. If anyone can explain the “strategy” I would appreciate it.

This is why I am surprised:

Jeff led the conversation up to who will Sash, Chase, Holly will vote for, and they said “Jane today, and Fabio or Dan next time”.

The Jeff asked Jane, Fabio and Dan why have they not formed an alliance, and they said maybe they should have.

Then Jeff asked Jane if there was an alliance (of the last three) who would they vote for and she said “Holly”.

In my mind Jeff not only led the horse to the voter, he filled up the bucket and pulled up to the muzzle. But the horse did not drink.

Why Fabio, Dan, Jane did NOT vote for Holly, after learning that the Three: Sash, Chase, Holly, are aiming at Jane, and then Dan or Fabio?

There would be then 3 against 2 Sash and Chase, without their Idols in the next TC….

Ares
12-16-2010, 06:57 AM
^ It would have went to a tie. 3 for Jane 3 for Holly. After two voting sessions resulting in a tie, those two people become safe, and with Chase and Sash playing Idols, that leaves it between Dan and Fabio to duke it out on which one of them goes home. If they would have voted Holly they would be essentially voting themself out (whichever one that may be).

ETA: Fabio had immunity too. Dan would have voted himself out.

Squibble
12-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Also great work by him to get the Jane vote in motion, although I'm sure he had no idea that Chase would be stupid enough to tell Jane that she was going and that she would be quite that bitter about being voted out.

I think Fabio had a good idea that Chase would be that stupid. Here's how some of the experts way in on the subject:

Ps Chase is a complete idiot :duh:

And Marty once called Chase "dumb as a bag of hammers." I can't remember if that was on the show or in a Ponderosa video, but I'm sure it wasn't the only time one of the contestants said or thought that about Chase.

Chase has repeatedly been shown going to people like Brenda and Jane and telling them everyone else's secrets about them. Jud is very observant. I think he had every expectation that Chase would blab once again.

I have a question...... I don't claim to understand the dynamics ever. To me "survivor game" is about "surviving on a deserted island", and it does not mean "human games" of sick minds (it is a sick mind, because when you can pull 10 people together and build a fishing pond, like Arawak Indians used to make and get food, you don't go gossiping and weaving webs against each other, that does not get you food)..... but I am sort of trying to..... understand.... so here is the question:

I don’t understand why Dan, Fabio and Jane did not vote for Holly. If anyone can explain the “strategy” I would appreciate it.

Tinami, this show is all about social psychology, not about survival skills. According to Mark Burnett, CBS was initially reluctant to take the show because executives thought it was a show about survival skills and there wouldn't be much of an audience for it, and he had to explain the *true* subject matter of the show.

While, as many people have noted upthread, Holly looks to us like the bigger threat to win, the people actually in the game think they stand a better chance of winning against Holly than Jane. Dan and Jud feel that way just as much as Sash and Chase do. Also, Jane won several individual immunity challenges, but Holly hasn't. I expect that part of Jud's calculations is that he thinks he stands a better chance of winning individual immunity against Jane than against Holly. (I don't think Dan expects to win any individual immunity challenge.)

Tinami Amori
12-16-2010, 07:27 AM
Tinami, this show is all about social psychology, not about survival skills. According to Mark Burnett, CBS was initially reluctant to take the show because executives thought it was a show about survival skills and there wouldn't be much of an audience for it, and he had to explain the *true* subject matter of the show.

There is Big Brother House for that kind of "social ugliness" already, and it does not pretend to be about "something else", house-decorating or cooking or gardening "around the house", or "FBI" survailance..... Look at all the "challenge shows": Cooking challenges are about cooking, Fashion challenges are about Fashion, Model challenges about Modeling, Dance challenges are about Dancing, .....

They called it Survivor and placed it on deserted islands/territories - it must be about real surviving on deserted islands or territories - otherwise its misrepresentation, and probably illegal.

What if I sell you a cultural trip to Bellagio with promisse to see great art and architecture in the area, and instead bring you to Las Vegas Bellagio and show you Wayne Newton's house and Cherry Patch Brothel for art and culture... That would not be fair would it?

^ It would have went to a tie. 3 for Jane 3 for Holly. After two voting sessions resulting in a tie, those two people become safe, and with Chase and Sash playing Idols, that leaves it between Dan and Fabio to duke it out on which one of them goes home. If they would have voted Holly they would be essentially voting themself out (whichever one that may be).

ETA: Fabio had immunity too. Dan would have voted himself out.

Darn..... I had no idea there are such conditions:eek:
Thank you very much for explaining.

Squibble
12-16-2010, 07:48 AM
They called it Survivor and placed it on deserted islands/territories - it must be about real surviving on deserted islands or territories - otherwise its misrepresentation, and probably illegal.

What if I sell you a cultural trip to Bellagio with promisse to see great art and architecture in the area, and instead bring you to Las Vegas Bellagio and show you Wayne Newton's house and Cherry Patch Brothel for art and culture... That would not be fair would it?

:wall:

Tinami, CBS isn't selling you anything. You don't have to pay a dime to watch the show.

And they aren't misrepresenting anything. The contestants vote someone out every episode until the seven, eight, or nine most recently ousted players vote for a winner (the "Sole Survivor"). The motto of the show is "Outwit. Outplay. Outlast." It isn't "Pull together. Stand by each other. Sing Kumbaya."

smurfy
12-16-2010, 01:17 PM
Actually, it was Jeff's mother trying to change the vote. Good cover Jeff. :rolleyes::lol:

I wanted Jane gone so I was screaming shut up Jeff! That was followed by screaming one of you idiots give Holly your idol!

Turns out Jane votes for Sash and nobody votes for Holly..huh? Ok

Jane is gone. :cheer2: What is her obsession with everyone's parenting skills?

Luv your post. Yes it was Jeff's mother.

Tinami - blame it all on Richard Hatch. He was the one that started an alliance and won! I remember the Pagong tribe was just having fun, and then they got Pagonged by Hatch's tribe (can't remember name).
The social dynamics are interesting in this show, and that is why I watch. The survivor aspect just adds another layer (hunger etc).

I too was yelling at the tv for chase/sash to give holly an idol.

Also other thing that bugs me. When Fabio was going on about only seeing his mom twice a year. Oh tough it out. Back several seasons, the one with Terry (pilot, I think) felt he should get time with his wife over others spending time with their either siblings/parent. I don't care what the relationship is, after 30+ days, seeing a loved one is important for any of the survivors. Again, no hierachy. Based on the reactions every season, everyone needs that hug/contact. Also you chose to be on the show, suck it up!
I do love how all the young guys are mama boys though. hee hee

rjblue
12-16-2010, 02:17 PM
Next season is supposed to be Boston Rob versus Russell

See? I told you you didn't want to know. That's the rumor, anyway.This makes me very happy to see the next season. I love to watch both of these guys play.

Jenny
12-16-2010, 02:36 PM
What a long strange trip this has been.

I too don't recall what happened with the scroll Chase found on the boat - what did it say? Did they tell us? Can't be anything game changing at this point, but now it's bugging me.

Dan - yes I agree that was some smart manipulation of Jane after the reward. I wish they’d shown us more of his gameplay now that he’s made it this far. They’ve given us a very one-dimensional portrayal (“he’s weak, can’t win anything, therefore not a threat in any way”), but surely there must be a bit more to his game. Even if he doesn’t win, or make it to F3, they should be showing us his part in other players’ games.

Holly – agree she is a big threat as all those younger women on the jury seem to like her quite a bit (and I don’t think Jane’s venom will hold any sway with them). She also seems to be in good shape to do the final challenges, and I must say of all of them, she’s actually looking quite tiffed out there!

Chase – such a waste of space in this game, and unfortunately, by winning challenges and having an accidental immunity, and by being indecisive and easily manipulated, he’s had a significant effect on the season – annoyingly so as he’s such a lousy player.

Sash – is he going for America’s Player or something? The continual confessionals about how he’s in control of the game … yes he’s been in a pretty good position most of it, but I dare say he is not controlling the game, and never has. The only really big move he’s made is talking Marty out of that idol – which again makes me think he’s trying for AP and getting Russell’s fans’ votes. And then he throws in “my mom is my best friend” for good measure.

Jane – 56?? Ouch! Anyway, glad she’s gone – she’s petty and hypocritical (yes she did say she’d do all the things she accused the others of to win, and now she’s bitter because they did it better than her) – and yes I also do think she was played by Fabio. And Dan. I too would also like to know why everyone thinks she’d win hands down.

Fabio – I’ve been cheering for him since almost the beginning, and while the sobbing was a bit much (chalk it up to conditions out there, and I do think he also had a case against Chase on that point, and random note, his mom is hot!), I actually think he was quite mature about it when the winners got back to camp. He could have done any number of things – calling them out, vowing revenge, whining – but he instead he very calmly let Chase know what he’d done, left it at that, and continued playing the game in a strategic rather than emotional way.

And yes I think Jeff was trying some major manipulation there too – but as so many former players have said, votes very rarely change at TC. Without the opportunity to confer, I’m not surprised that only Jane changed her vote.