PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

genevieve
12-16-2010, 01:50 AM
I missed the first half hour of this ep but DAMN this is quite the TC.

Beware the wrath of Jane. :lol:

Ps Chase is a complete idiot :duh:

my little pony
12-16-2010, 01:53 AM
in the first half, Fabio whined like a 4 yr old because Chase didnt take him on reward so he could spend time with his mama

marbri
12-16-2010, 02:00 AM
OK. There is clearly something going on that is completely hidden from us because after all that Jane puts Sash's name down and not Holly:confused:

Prancer
12-16-2010, 02:11 AM
OK. There is clearly something going on that is completely hidden from us because after all that Jane puts Sash's name down and not Holly:confused:

Supposedly, Jane told off everyone still in the game in turn, but the cameras were stopped when she ripped into Sash because she accused him of offering to pay her mortgage if she voted for him in the finals--a huge no-no on the show and a violation of their contract. Sash denied it, which is why she called him the biggest liar and voted for him.

Or something like that. It's been a while since I've looked at spoilers, but I believe that's what went down, among other things.

But wow to that whole tribal council--the council, the vote, everything. :eek:

genevieve
12-16-2010, 02:25 AM
Wow :eek:

Jane on jury = explosive finale, wheeee :P

DaveRocks
12-16-2010, 02:31 AM
Supposedly, Jane told off everyone still in the game in turn, but the cameras were stopped when she ripped into Sash because she accused him of offering to pay her mortgage if she voted for him in the finals--a huge no-no on the show and a violation of their contract. Sash denied it, which is why she called him the biggest liar and voted for him.

Wow!! Thanks for the inside scoop.

Chase is doomed. I'm actually now rooting for Fabio to win! Love him.

marbri
12-16-2010, 02:33 AM

Or something like that. It's been a while since I've looked at spoilers, but I believe that's what went down, among other things.

But wow to that whole tribal council--the council, the vote, everything. :eek:

Wow. Thanks, that explains everything.

Something else I can't help being :confused: about. They all seem to say they were afraid Jane would win if she got to the final three. While the show is obviously editing out her worst bits I think they've been showing for a few weeks now that she's got a mean streak in her. On the other hand I would think Holly is a more dangerous final three member because she seems so likeable and is a good competitor. I wonder what we are missing in the editing because from what I'm watching I would think I'd stand a better chance winning against Jane than I would Holly.

marbri
12-16-2010, 02:36 AM
Oh and I wish they didn't block Canada from watching Ponderosa clips because I want to see Cranky Jane showing up.:lol:

Prancer
12-16-2010, 02:51 AM
Oh and I wish they didn't block Canada from watching Ponderosa clips because I want to see Cranky Jane showing up.:lol:

Yes, I am dying to see how she and Marty get along!

There is someone on Survivor Sucks who posts Pondersosa vids anyone can see (supposedly), usually a day or two later, so if you are still interested Friday, let me know and I'll see if I can send you the links.

Marty kept saying that Jane had such a great story, so I'm guessing that they think she would get a pity/respect vote? I honestly don't know. The spoiler says that the other players recognized Jane's mean streak, so I don't know why she was supposed to be such a shoo-in. I'd think Holly would be the woman to beat if it came down to Holly and Jane, so again--we must be missing something.

Erin
12-16-2010, 02:55 AM
Marty kept saying that Jane had such a great story, so I'm guessing that they think she would get a pity/respect vote? I honestly don't know. The spoiler says that the other players recognized Jane's mean streak, so I don't know why she was supposed to be such a shoo-in. I'd think Holly would be the woman to beat if it came down to Holly and Jane, so again--we must be missing something.

I don't get it either, but have tried to come up with a couple of theories. Jane supposedly needed the money more than other people, so that might be at least part of it. Another possibility is that Marty didn't truly think that Jane had such a great story and was just trying to save his own skin, but his comments stuck with the remaining players and did ultimately lead to her being voted out. Last thing I can think of is that Jane would have the provider angle, which doesn't actually work that often, but this doesn't seem like the brightest group (or a group that has seen many other seasons).

ETA: I'm happy she's gone if for no other reason than that Jane is truly frightening to look at in high def! :scream:

my little pony
12-16-2010, 03:01 AM
Jane's daughter is only 18. Could she actually look a lot older than she is? She looks like a pruny Marty Feldman.

Prancer
12-16-2010, 03:05 AM
Jane's daughter is only 18. Could she actually look a lot older than she is? She looks like a pruny Marty Feldman.

She's 56.

marbri
12-16-2010, 03:14 AM
Yes, I am dying to see how she and Marty get along!

There is someone on Survivor Sucks who posts Pondersosa vids anyone can see (supposedly), usually a day or two later, so if you are still interested Friday, let me know and I'll see if I can send you the links.

Would love it. I've been avoiding Sucks like the plague this series, thought it was time to see one unspoiled. One thing I've discovered by watching unspoiled is I SUCK at guessing how these TCs will go. :lol:

smurfy
12-16-2010, 03:45 AM
Wow - what a crazy TC. Even before the post above about Jane ripping into Sash, I assumed she was voted out due to the littlle bit we saw at camp, putting fire out etc.

Not sure, but Dan maybe quite masterful, with Fabio crying back at camp, and bringing up that Jane did not get to go either. I think Dan just really got both Fabio and Jane going even more. Hee Hee

Also reward challenge - was that set up so Dan could not win, since the survivor had to do the physical part? or just a coincidence?

Again the editing.... I liked Jane ok until tonight (but not strongly rooting for her).
Her prior comment about Marty's family was odd, but whatever, but after tonight and comments about Sash's mother, I feel I finally see the mean streak, before not sure if just one bad slip, but now a trend.
Also why they assume she would win. I feel bad she is a widow, but need to me is not a reason to win Survivor. Many of her skills she showed in the game would be a reason to vote for her (like making fire so quickly and fishing).
I agree, Holly is a major threat. Many of the young ones like her, she is a very nurturing person.
But Sash probably has some votes???

So Jeff really was trying to change the vote tonight. But since no result, was it just done for drama? I always do wonder what the camera folks in camp report back to Jeff before TC to stir things up.

Chase's game is over. So Sash, Fab or Holly should want to take Dan and Chase to the
F3. Fabio is still ok, but showed some immaturity tonight.
Right now, if Sash, Fabio or Holly win, I will be ok.
Chase is just to wishy washy and has annoyed too many.
And if Dan did win, based on some brillance in FTC, I might be entertained.

Erin
12-16-2010, 04:08 AM
Fabio is still ok, but showed some immaturity tonight.

He was kind of annoying with the crying and the moaning, but he sucked it up a lot sooner than past Survivors twice his age have done, so I'll give him some credit for that. Also great work by him to get the Jane vote in motion, although I'm sure he had no idea that Chase would be stupid enough to tell Jane that she was going and that she would be quite that bitter about being voted out. People on other boards seem confused about why Jud and Dan didn't vote with Jane like Probst suggested, but Jud wanted Jane out anyway.