PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

smurfy
12-10-2010, 01:31 PM
sk8er1964 & Squibble - thanks.
I can see that. I guess I have watched too much of this, and things go in one ear and out the other.

Dan - in a way it would be hilarious if he won. One comment on TWOP I thought was key - if Dan wins, in the future folks would be less likely to keep someone like that around, so it would have a lasting impact. It does seem that folks like him and he is good company. From the little we have seen, he seems like a nice guy, and intelligent. Maybe he is just soaking everything in? Also maybe his strategy was like Jimmie Js, does not need the money, but wanted the adventure part, and never really thought about winning.
If he makes it to FTC and makes a good argument/opposite of Amanda's TCs (I am still here). It would be strange, seem unfair etc, but also go along with how strange this season is in general. Anything can happen!

purple skates
12-10-2010, 02:44 PM
What did it for me was her comments when voting out Marty: "You are a disgrace to every man who calls himself 'father.' There is no way in heck I would allow my child or my grandchild to come and play with your children. Plain and simple."

Considering that that was said on national television to a man whose children she has never met, it was extraordinarily mean-spirited.

I forgot about that. That was a bit of a "overreacting much"? moment.

Sassafras
12-10-2010, 02:48 PM
I wonder if there was something else that happened that didn't make TV.

Jenny
12-10-2010, 03:03 PM

I never really got why Marty and Jane disliked each other so much. I could see Marty thinking Jane should be eliminated sooner than later for strategic reasons, but he was obsessed. Her hatred of him seemed to be more than simply being targeted by him.

dbell1
12-10-2010, 06:26 PM
Marty hated Jimmy Johnson from the beginning too. They all seemed to hate crazy other Jimmy (the Sears casting call winner), so I give him a pass for that one. :lol: I just think Marty the wanna be alpha male hated Jane from the start for not being one of his minions and blindly believing he was God. She, in turn, had no use for him either.

smurfy
12-10-2010, 06:50 PM
Re - Marty & Jane - it could be the editing. I realized the only consistent thing this season is the sucky editing.

But true, Marty always seemed obsessed with someone, first Jimmie J, then Jane. Could be either Marty's nature to have an 'enemy' or the craziness of the game caused Marty to behave this way. Either way, it was strange.
Between this show and The Amazing Race, there have been folks that seem to strongly dislike someone in a very extreme/obsessive way. I find those folks annoying, but it does impact that persons game, sidetracking them from the bigger picture. :wall:

Prancer
12-10-2010, 07:29 PM
I'm not sure myself. Maybe a misunderstanding of her mountain culture? As Prancer said, she's scrappy, loyal, and will hate with a Hatfield/McCoy level those who screw or try to screw her. Maybe those who aren't familiar with Appalachian people don't understand that mindset?

I understand the mindset, but I don't know a lot of people who find that particular mindset attractive. "Hillbilly" is a pejorative for a reason. It's more unusual for people to see the positives in that culture rather than the negatives.

I suspect so, although we will probably find out when Jane does her post-show interviews. That was a really direct, personal thing to say and it would be strange if there weren't some specific reason for attacking him as a father as opposed to as another player in a nasty game. There are plenty of other nasty things she could have said with more obvious cause. There's usually a reason for things that are said and done, even if it's not a particularly good reason.

PeterG
12-10-2010, 11:43 PM
I want to be on Survivor so that I can adopt the rice as my pet. I will talk to it, take it on walks. And then after my third all-you-can-eat-buffet, I'll return to camp to find out that the losers who failed to perform and make it to the buffet....HAVE EATEN MY PET!!!

I will sob and wail and gnash my teeth. And all my online fans will talk about how sad they are for me and that those nasty starving people should have waited for me to return from my buffet, and then ask my permission to eat my pet. But I will say, "NO! There will be no eating of my pet!!!" For I will be STUFFED and cannot eat one more SINGLE bit of food.

Dan, he could win this! :eek: Now that would be so hilarious. They used to vote out people like this for "flying under the radar." He just hasn't been noticed yet.

Dan's like a wart. You KNOW it's there. You just try not to pay it much attention.

sk8pics
12-10-2010, 11:46 PM
That Jane cared more about the life of one chicken than the well-being of four of her tribemates (all of whose votes she needs) confirms how she's been depicted this season: mean, nasty, and crazy.

This is what I thought, too. She has had quite a few moments where she has appeared mean and nasty, it's not like they gave her a script to read so they could portray her that way. I respect her ability to survive out there but I don't like her, at least the public face that she has put forward.

jamesy
12-11-2010, 01:52 AM
I want to be on Survivor so that I can adopt the rice as my pet. I will talk to it, take it on walks. And then after my third all-you-can-eat-buffet, I'll return to camp to find out that the losers who failed to perform and make it to the buffet....HAVE EATEN MY PET!!!

I will sob and wail and gnash my teeth. And all my online fans will talk about how sad they are for me and that those nasty starving people should have waited for me to return from my buffet, and then ask my permission to eat my pet. But I will say, "NO! There will be no eating of my pet!!!" For I will be STUFFED and cannot eat one more SINGLE bit of food.
You forgot to include creating a heart shaped memorial out of rocks for your pet rice. And make sure to place it right in the middle of camp so everyone sees it.

purple skates
12-11-2010, 04:11 AM
If a heart won't work for you, a cairn, cross or pyramid made out of shells would be appropriate.

PeterG
12-11-2010, 06:56 AM
What is the approximate number of tears one should shed for eaten pet rice? And how can I ensure all tribe members are in viewing of the tear-shedding at the same time? It takes a LOT of plotting to play this game correctly!!! :eek:

jamesy
12-11-2010, 05:43 PM
It's actually much more effective to let a single tear slide slowly down your cheek.

purple skates
12-11-2010, 05:47 PM
^ jamesy knows.

PeterG
12-11-2010, 06:43 PM
It's actually much more effective to let a single tear slide slowly down your cheek.

And instead of wiping it away...pretend like I don't know it's there? Until it is hanging off the edge of my impeccable jawline?