PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Nicaragua

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37

genevieve
12-03-2010, 05:56 PM
No, they don't. There is MUCH more testing and interviewing that happens with Survivor than that. I can't say how I know, but I do...

I thought Prancer was saying that "yes, they do" have a significant amount of testing prior to the show.

I also thought that was common knowledge :confused: Jeff has definitely mentioned some of the testing in interviews - and the IQ tests have been mentioned on reunion shows.

Prancer
12-03-2010, 06:12 PM
Pretty sure that was Fiji. Someone dropped out RIGHT before filming started so they had 19 players, so one person was voted the "leader" and then that person got sent to Exile and then joined the losing team. I've always thought that having the odd person out join the losing team is a bummer for them; because they're down before they can even begin.

Yes, it was Fiji and her name is Melissa McNulty. It pops up on Sucks every now and then and for a long time, I was :confused: when I would see it. Now I can't remember half the names of the people who were on the show, but I know hers.:P

I thought Prancer was saying that "yes, they do" have a significant amount of testing prior to the show.

I also thought that was common knowledge :confused:

Yes, I was, and yes, it is.;)

genevieve
12-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Yes, it was Fiji and her name is Melissa McNulty.
Ah, that makes sense - Fiji is the only season of Survivor I didn't watch (I had rehearsals on Thursday nights and couldn't be arsed to record). I did get to see the eps where Yau Man made his own HII and then won the car and gave it away though. And the finale. Enough to know that Yau Man is awesome :cheer2:

PeterG
12-04-2010, 02:43 AM
No, they don't. There is MUCH more testing and interviewing that happens with Survivor than that. I can't say how I know, but I do...

So when Jeff goes off on one of his long-winded whines, he should be bitching about the casting directors instead of the contestants who quit? (I liked Jeff when he hosted Rock n Roll Jeopardy.......)

sk8pics
12-04-2010, 02:12 PM
Jane: I thought I'd like her, but she's mean and nasty and crazy.
This.

As for Na, I am so glad to see her gone. Sort of. She has the potential to be amusing at the final tribal council but I hope she doesn't get much screen time in the finale. Like Jeff said in his blog, she has a lot of maturing to do, but it doesn't look like she thinks she does.

I'm kind of rooting for Fabio or Sash to win. It will be interesting to see what happens.

sk8er1964
12-09-2010, 03:12 AM
I figured Benry was gone because we haven't heard from him all season and suddenly there he is all over the screen. However, (((Fabio))). That Benry and Dan turned on him is sad. I hope he gets his act together next week and does some serious politiking.

snoopysnake
12-09-2010, 03:40 AM
Dan Dan, the invisible man. Hard to believe he's actually still there.

Dang it all, I like Jane and I'm rooting for her to win it all.

smurfy
12-09-2010, 04:20 AM
Chicken named Kelly Nay - luv it! Too bad they did not show it being mentioned in TC.
Jane - I like her, but her crying over the chicken, blah.
Also, why not vote her out. They all know she could win.
And why isn't Dan mentioned at all. He could always be the alternate, vote X, but if he wins immunity, vote Dan.
I assume they are getting rid of the physical threats first, so good strategy.
I have liked Fabio, but he annoyed me during the puzzle challenge. Jane was cheering them all on, and he was so annoyed. I did not like that.
Fabio has lots of potential, so maybe bring him back in a few years for another AllStar. I think when he matures some, he could be dangerous/awesome player. I think some weakness was shown this week. It will be interesting to see what he does.
I am not 100% sold that Sash is 100% with Jane/Holly/Chase. I would not be suprised if he flips and he has an idol, so could make it to F4.
Luved how Jeff introduced the jury, Alina, Marty, ... and quitters Nay and Kelly. Hee Hee

emason
12-09-2010, 02:29 PM
Dan is never mentioned because everyone wants to take him to the end, knowing that he has done nothing all season and will not get a single vote from anyone for the $$$.

sk8er1964
12-09-2010, 02:36 PM
Dan is never mentioned because everyone wants to take him to the end, knowing that he has done nothing all season and will not get a single vote from anyone for the $$$.

You know, I would totally laugh my backside off if someone took Dan to the end and he won. :rofl:

emason
12-09-2010, 03:34 PM
You know, I would totally laugh my backside off if someone took Dan to the end and he won. :rofl:

I know; I would totally be tempted to give him my vote just for the hell of it and just because he got that far. Can't remember the guy's name, but Brian dragged someone useless all the way to the end in Thailand, knowing full well that said useless guy was not going to win it all (although he did get a few votes, IIRC).

genevieve
12-09-2010, 03:50 PM
IIRC Clay was 1 vote shy of winning, wasn't he? ETA: yes, Brian won 4/3.

And it wasn't that Clay was useless - it was that he had a Russell-style abrasiveness (without quite the ego) and pissed everyone off. Brian's personality was rather like Russell's "I'm smarter than everyone and I'm running the show with these fools" - but he kept all of it to himself, so no one really knew what he really thought until the show aired. Helen in particular was really upset and would have changed her vote if she'd known the things Brian had said.

Brian and Clay did bring Jan, the epitome of uselessness, to the final 3 over Helen, but when Brian won final immunity he brought the stronger player to the finals with him.

A better example would be Courtney Yates, who was brought the the finals as the weakest player who didn't bother being nice to anyone outside of her core alliance, and she almost won it.

KHenry14
12-09-2010, 04:52 PM
I've watched every episode of Survivor since Season 1, and I can't think of a more useless participant than Dan. He can't do a single challenge, and he's not participating in the game in any meaningful way. I bet the Survivor casting people are kicking themselves for bringing him along, as he's not even a pain to be around in camp, and thus no drama with him. What a waste. :duh:

I must admit that Holly, Chase, Jane and Sash played it beautifully last night. Conning Benry and Dan was a beautiful play, and now Fabio knows how far out of the mix he truly is. One wonders if he has the game to turn this around as there is no doubt he's next to go. In other words, he better win the next IC.

Also, at some point, the target is going to point right at Jane. This would be a good week to do that as those four have the numbers, so Holly, Chase and Sash can get rid of her and still have numbers over Dan and Fabio. Chase seems to understand that, but he also seems to have strong ties (reward challenge mistake) so it's questionable if he has the stones to vote her out. Also, with the lovey-dovey edit that Sash and Jane got last night, it's quite possible that he'll flip on her at some point soon. :D

genevieve
12-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Chase is a complete doof.

emason
12-09-2010, 05:01 PM
IIRC Clay was 1 vote shy of winning, wasn't he? ETA: yes, Brian won 4/3.

And it wasn't that Clay was useless - it was that he had a Russell-style abrasiveness (without quite the ego) and pissed everyone off.

I didn't realize it was that close; I thought Brian ran away with it. Thanks for the correction. I would love to see this season again, but it never seems to get shown when the others do. Anyone know why?